PDA

View Full Version : TBCS Review: Logitech Premium Stereo Headset

Dante
06-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Here it is guys and girls, our fist review. I had a lot of fun doing this review so enjoy.

Click Here. (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/index.php?module=article&view=126)

MrSlacker
06-01-2005, 03:46 PM
nice review. the only thing taht i didnt like was there was review summary on every page.

FX
06-01-2005, 04:34 PM
we're working on that, quick nit-picking! jk :P

Nice work Brian, I'm sure Logitech will be happy. If I didn't use 5.1's I'd consider them for gaming.

Dante
06-01-2005, 04:39 PM
we're working on that, quick nit-picking! jk :P

Nice work Brian, I'm sure Logitech will be happy. If I didn't use 5.1's I'd consider them for gaming.

Yeah I use 5.1's for gaming primarily too. But I think I will use these when I don't want to wear a heavy set of headphones.

cygnus_x_1
06-01-2005, 09:30 PM
w00t!! its offical. TBCS has its first review. great job guys...

Nice write up Dante. I was looking at these at the store the other night and i am prolly going to pick them up now....

MisterChief
06-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Yay, break out the Jack Daniels and the chron!... oops, got a little carried away ;)

ACizzler
06-04-2005, 06:10 PM
I just bought this mic today and i have to say..i'm not to happy with it. The mic doesn't even reach my mouth so there is no way for my to talk into the mic. I must say that i have had better luck with a cheap 10$ mic... If anyone knows how to fix this problem...please let me know.

Frakk
06-04-2005, 06:16 PM
you dont have to put it in your mouth lol. a microphone can work from a distance, even better because you wont breath in it.

Dante
06-04-2005, 06:23 PM
I just bought this mic today and i have to say..i'm not to happy with it. The mic doesn't even reach my mouth so there is no way for my to talk into the mic. I must say that i have had better luck with a cheap 10$ mic... If anyone knows how to fix this problem...please let me know.

I have been using this headset for three weeks. I have been talking on it for about 3 hours a night and no one has any problems hearing me. Why don't you try the microphone before you complain about it.

cygnus_x_1
06-04-2005, 06:29 PM

buy a cheap $10 mic... :rolleyes:

seriously tho, the mic doesnt need to be right infront of your mouth for it to work. did you even try it yet?

ZeD
06-04-2005, 08:36 PM
w00t!! its offical. TBCS has its first review. great job guys...

Nice write up Dante. I was looking at these at the store the other night and i am prolly going to pick them up now....

Does this mean I can finally hear every word you say instead of falling asleep during the 8 minute gaps when your mic decides to quit?

I have been using this headset for three weeks. I have been talking on it for about 3 hours a night and no one has any problems hearing me. Why don't you try the microphone before you complain about it.
I agree, unlike with cygnus I cant nap while in meetings with Dante, I hear everyword he says

Xato
06-04-2005, 11:16 PM
I'm assuming its an omni directional mike... So it doesn't need to be near you, eliminating the really annoying noise that u get from breathing into a mike.

ZeD
06-05-2005, 12:05 AM
I dont think Ive ever heard of a direction mic, unless its one of those mini sattellite units you use to spy on people 100 yards away, a mic by definition cant be directiol, it picks up sound, meaning if I turn my head the sound will hit the mic just the same, albeit not as clearly and directly

Ferris
06-28-2005, 12:21 PM
I am also having problems with the microphone.

(Yes - I'm sure I've turned off microphone-mute in Windows' volume control, and on the headset's own control pad).

I'm sitting here right now with Window's Sound Recorder, and at best, if I speak really loud, I can bearly make out my fuzzy words on playback. I briefly tried the headset on a Macintosh (the mike might've been off there, not sure) and there was no result there either. Will try it own my own machine when I get back home.

Ferris
06-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Well, after playing around a lot with my lightweight Thrust headset on my work laptop and the Logitech on my own comp, conclusion is that the laptop has a crappy/malfunctioning line-in. It is possible to use it with the microphone boost (in volume control) on. The Thrust mike works since it's so close to the mouth, but with the Logitech it's too noisy.