PDA

View Full Version : 6.4" LCD Case Mod

VoiD
06-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Hey all,

I was thinking about putting a LCD Display on my case somewhere, as it would be cool to display stuff like WinAmp visualisations and stuff, and I was wondering if anyone has done a similar thing, or knows anything about it. I'm not sure where I can put it (maybe in my spare 5.25" drive bays?) or how I would go about fitting it...

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

VoiD

Frakk
06-03-2005, 09:57 AM
i dont know how you could fit a 6.4" into a 5.25" bay. you would have to cut the case to fit. you can buy lcd screens from all over the place, LIS makes very nice 5.25" lcd panels with all the software you will need.

VoiD
06-03-2005, 10:09 AM
i dont know how you could fit a 6.4" into a 5.25" bay.

Well I kinda meant more than one bay :p I've been checking measurements and some 6.4" ones will fit into 3 (I have an Akasa Eclipse btw) but was just seeing if any1 had had similar ideas :)

Cheers tho, I will check LIS out :D

Xato
06-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Wouldn't it have to fit in the wrong way though? With the width being the height etc... Like this... (if you can understand it... its pretty bad :D )
_____
|-----|
|-----|
|____ |

Eitherway, you could mod it to fit by making it slide out on rails an then fold up... You could fit a mod like that into a single Drive bay as when stored the LCD's main length would go back into the case, and there's plenty of room for that.

What are the exact dimensions of the display? Is the 6.4" the display size... if so whats the units width etc.

VoiD
06-04-2005, 01:24 PM
The dimensions vary from each make but they are roughly the same size as three 5.25" bays, and it is the right ratio as well surprisingly. However, I am interested in th slide out idea, but I'm not sure how easy that would be to put in. Though im thinking and researching so it could be done!

Cheers for your help,

VoiD^

Xato
06-04-2005, 11:01 PM
Depending on how good you want the slide out to be, it could take a little to a lot of engineering. But with some research and learning you should be able to make a really nice slider.
Hope it turns out well :) and good luck!