PDA

View Full Version : Amazing 3d Fps In Only 96k!!!

MisterChief
06-04-2005, 10:48 PM
You guys have GOT to see this! :eek:

http://www.theprodukkt.com/kkrieger.html#dload

It's called KKrieger. It's a 96K 3D fps that'll give HL2 a run for it's money... well, maybe not. :D Still, the game looks amazing... just try it and tell me what you think!

PS: Extract it first from the ZIP file; otherwise, you'll expierience slowdowns. I think it has something to do with the ultra-compressed files.

Xato
06-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Yeh, they compress the game as much as totally possible... i still have no idea how they do it, but it is also like the 64k movie... Which was in total 3d with background music, which went for about 5 mins.
I havent played the game yet, i've heard it takes ages to decompress, but i'll still check it out... it may not work for my gay MX440 tho (*curses at the heavens*)

MisterChief
06-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Yeah, but te game looks absolutely amazing, considering it's only 96k compressed! Full size textures, bump and specular mapping, shadows, different enemy types... I can't comprehend how they managed to squeeze all that into a tiny little package.

Frakk
06-05-2005, 04:31 PM
low level programming allows programmers to write very small and very fast programs. i wouldnt be surprised if it was a low level program.

Bmad
06-05-2005, 06:29 PM
is idd a very nice game to play :D:D:D

Zeus
06-05-2005, 06:37 PM
yeah, but oddly enough, I kept getting stuck. I would walk to a place then I couldn't move forward or back. The game wasn't frozen. Just the program had a couple of bugs. Still, no taking away from the amazing feat to create it.

Xato
06-06-2005, 02:53 AM
I cant play it.... DAMN THIS MX440!!!

doggo1
06-08-2005, 10:33 AM
I'm speechless, all that game from less than 100k - outstanding. I have programmed tiny 2d platform games that have been bigger than that, and they were really crappy- this is a visually stunning game and good fun to play. I think these people will make some waves in the programming world over the next few years.

mashie
06-08-2005, 07:38 PM
You guys have GOT to see this! :eek:
Yeah everyone did see it like last year.

The main reason they can get away with the small size isn't due to compression but the very simple stunt to have the textures dynamically created upon starting the game.

Xato
06-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Yeh, and thats what taks up the most space is games... The rest is just Vertex positions and connections.