PDA

View Full Version : NSD Powerball 250Hz PRO

GT40_GearHead
01-19-2007, 06:02 AM
my first review ever... hope you will like it

The NSD Powerbasll 250Hz PRO (http://powerballs.com/)

Today my toy got home, a month ago i got one for my girl, and i was hocked!

let us begin:

-first the photos:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g209/GT40_GearHead/100_3229.jpg
it comes in this box (very nice looking box i may ad)

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g209/GT40_GearHead/100_3243.jpg
this is what you get:
- the gyro
- two cords
- and instructions
the first thing that cought my eye was te quality, every thing smels of atention to detail

-now, the details:

It's about the same size as a tennis ball and weighs just a little more, but after you put it in motion it just comes alive.
It does not have any batteries, you power it with you't own body, if you have the balls (read power) this thing will go up to 15.000 rpm and more, BUT they say at 15k it wil generate a 15 kg inertial torque, that is huge,imagine that weight going left to right
Untill now I have managed 11.800 rpm

The balls has a digital rpm counter with 4 modes, the most important of them is the folowing: HIGHEST RPM>
You will start wars with this thing, blood will be spiled, IF you take it to ofice/school/friends i know i did :banana:

And a nother big plus beside rubing you'r friends in the dirt because they cant gat more than 9k:rolleyes:..... are the medical benefits, and I know a lot you guys spend a big part of the day in front of the pc this thing is great for your wrists

DaveW
01-19-2007, 06:22 AM
I know a lot you guys spend a big part of the day in front of the pc this thing is great for your wrists

I think the wrists get enough exercise...:D

I don't quite get how it works, how do you use it? Do you try and hold it still while it throws forces away, what? How does it exercise you? I have weak wrists and might be interested in getting one.

-Dave

Zephik
01-19-2007, 06:56 AM
OH.... I think I understand what these are now. So basically... you just try to create the highest RPM as you can by... um... wait I got this... okay, no I don't. lol but I understand what they do now at least! And a little work out here and there while having fun is always welcome! What other benefits could I receive from this I wonder?

Building up your wrist strength... hmmm... Nope, I got that covered. <<**dangit Dave, you beat me to it. lol

I think the wrists get enough exercise...

I don't quite get how it works, how do you use it? Do you try and hold it still while it throws forces away, what? How does it exercise you? I have weak wrists and might be interested in getting one.

-Dave

That would be the side effects of having a girlfriend right? :p

GT40_GearHead
01-19-2007, 07:15 AM
How does it exercise you

I don't

lol

i found these nice clips in here (http://powerballs.com/powerball_videos.php), i think they will help a lot more than a could explain

Zephik
01-19-2007, 07:31 AM
Oh I get it now. lol I could totally do that! People who watch me wash my hands are like... dude, calm down, the water ain't goin nowhere. I have very fast hands and wrist movement. Let me explain why...

I have no girlfriend.

The ultimate learning technique to mastering this device!

:neutral:

GT40_GearHead
01-19-2007, 07:38 AM
I have no girlfriend.

The ultimate learning technique to mastering this device!
ouuuu =))

I could totally do that!
is these a chalange

Zephik
01-19-2007, 09:07 AM
I'll ask one for my birthday in May, Then we can see who is the bigger loser. ;)

GT40_GearHead
01-19-2007, 02:52 PM
ouu come on, in May, its 30$

Zephik
01-19-2007, 04:12 PM
yeah... I really need to get a job. The problem is finding a job that I won't fall into depression with (past tendencies) but also a job that I am capable of. *Thats your fact about me for the day, I have absolutely no skill in the workplace and I get depressed insanely easy. Its pretty effing ridiculous. lol I can't even fold a ****ing taco right for god sakes...

Anyways, yeah, I'll try to get one of those babies asap. It's all just a matter of when I can afford one. Right now I am so stretched for cash I am debating on whether I need to paint my case ($5 USD) on my upcoming mod or not. It's even worse than that, I might not even be ABLE to paint my case, Even if I wanted to. But we'll see how that turns out, I have enough for a cheap rotary tool and the main modding supplies. I've made sure of that so fear not! It will look pretty killer for being so simple. At least thats what I think. ^_^

GT40_GearHead
01-20-2007, 03:07 AM
damn you are in deep **** !

what was you'r last job

Zephik
01-20-2007, 04:02 AM
My last job was working at the Jiffy Lube. I lasted a week despite that they told me I was one of the nicest guys they have ever hired. I was a courtesy technician, in layman's terms, I put stickers on car windows, washed the windows, vacuumed the cars carpets, check the tires for air, filled the tires with the appropriate amount of air, and so on and so forth. Yep, I lasted a week doing that and then they let me go. The only thing I really ever did wrong was two things... the manager asked me to run to the bank (knowing that i have no car) and cash him some money (non-business related). The other thing, I was sick in bed and still a little ticked that HE got ticked because I didn't want to cash is stupid check or whatever, so I didn't call in for like 2 hours. It turns out that they were insanely busy that morning, which pissed them off pretty good I would imagine. Yup, and guess who owns the business? (not the entire national jiffy lube chain, just that particular one). My uncle (well he's not my uncle, hes my older brothers father in law, but I think he's awesome so I call him my uncle). lol I love it though, because at the end of the day, he really doesn't have a huge say in who stays or who goes, but he would always tell me I was doing a good job.

oh and about the not being able to make a taco right, I worked at Taco Bell. lol NEVER AGAIN, evil evil fast food! UCK!

OH yeah, and congrats on your 1000! Welcome to the high rollers club. ;)

GT40_GearHead
01-20-2007, 04:40 AM
what a dick head, i'm shure you'll bounce back, you have to !

oh thank you for the welcome :D

group hug !!

GT40_GearHead
01-22-2007, 04:29 AM
so... does any one on the boars have this thing ?? and if so how do you feal about it

(i must share my excitment)

xmastree
01-29-2007, 02:31 PM
I don't quite get how it works, how do you use it? Do you try and hold it still while it throws forces away, what?Not quite. You wrap the string round it and pull fast to start it off. Then you move it in a circular motion (imagine stirring a big bowl of porridge) and if you get the timing right it speeds up. The faster it goes, the less you move it. Imagine holding a stick, 1/2m long, with a weight tied to a string on the lower end, and spinning it round faster and faster (ignoring the fact that it would hit your legs) while keeping the stick as vertical as possible.

That's what they feel like, sort of.

How does it exercise you? You really need to grip it, or it'll move in your hand. After a few seconds, you can really feel the pain in your lower arm muscles. No pain, no gain.

I have weak wrists
But great eyesight, eh?

and might be interested in getting one.
Get one. I got mine from this guy (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/POWERBALLS-DIRECT).

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f341/chrispollard/powerball.jpg
(why doesn't that image show up?)

Blind shot, of a moving light source, wide aperture, close(ish) remote control in the other hand. Camera had a fit!

progbuddy
01-29-2007, 05:25 PM
Would be neat to have, since I play guitar, and type 85 wpm on a keyboard with errors corrected. There's always room to improve, I guess. They look awesome. I want one :p. Just need some money.

GT40_GearHead
01-29-2007, 07:12 PM
wahoooo xmastree you got the signature :D

i have a 250hz pro amber :D, what's you score :D

edit: progbuddy, you say you play guitar, man go get one, a friend of mine also a guitaqr guy, got one, and he was very happy about it

edit 2: xmastree, i see you got it from ebay, does it still have life guarantee?

tybrenis
01-29-2007, 09:34 PM
and type 85 wpm on a keyboard with errors corrected.

Woah man. Me too. I always thought I was a lousy typer, but I guess that's not too bad.

I bet I would be good at one of these things - I have inhuman wrist and finger strength. between years of rock climbing and hard gymnastic training, I can do finger pushups, pullups, etc. I also have way strong wrists.

progbuddy
01-29-2007, 10:58 PM
wahoooo xmastree you got the signature :D

i have a 250hz pro amber :D, what's you score :D

edit: progbuddy, you say you play guitar, man go get one, a friend of mine also a guitaqr guy, got one, and he was very happy about it

edit 2: xmastree, i see you got it from ebay, does it still have life guarantee?

???

lmao i had to kinda read that twice to get the message... I was confused. lol

Yeah. I'm just gonna have to save up some monay (lol, im gonna get the cheapest one XD; getting money for good grades, but thats going towards my current project).

GT40_GearHead
01-30-2007, 01:56 AM
it would be nice if you guys buy one

xmastree allready has one, i have one, tybe you want to buy one, progbudt aswell, snow may get one, we could start a litle score board of our own

PS: ou, sorry for the confusing posting but it was 1 am, and i was hungry :(

xmastree
01-30-2007, 05:10 AM

GT40_GearHead
01-30-2007, 05:15 AM
hhmm 9013... you say....
how long do you have it

i made 11876

xmastree
01-30-2007, 07:06 AM
Got it for Christmas, but I don't use it every day. Maybe I ought to...
Seen this one?
http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/metal-powerball/index.html

GT40_GearHead
01-30-2007, 05:24 PM
yes i did actuali, and i'm raising money to buy one :D but i have a long way to go :(

are you gonna get one?

ps: if you use it more, you may see an improvement in your fire acuracy

xmastree
01-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Not gonna get one of the metal ones, and as for my accuracy... :neutral:
That was in a previous life, in the Philippines. Here in the sensible UK, guns aren't allowed.

Produkt
01-30-2007, 08:53 PM
come to amurikah!

that or join up in a paint ball league!

GT40_GearHead
01-31-2007, 04:50 AM
guns aren't allowed

that sucks, why did you live Philippines

xmastree
01-31-2007, 04:52 AM
Long story, but basically my wife's from there and couldn't settle here so we moved. Seven years later, things changed for the worse so we came back again.

At least my daughter will get a decent education now.

GT40_GearHead
01-31-2007, 05:13 AM
sorry to hear that, i gues it was realy hard to go back an forward
ps: and your wife, she is a lucky woman, doing all this for her