PDA

View Full Version : BattleField 1942

brokeashell
03-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Anyone here play bf1942? I play a mod called DCX. You should check it out.

Chapel
03-21-2005, 02:15 PM
Sure man, you got a link?

brokeashell
03-22-2005, 09:08 PM
http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/1942/us/home.jsp?ncc=1
http://www.dcxtended.com/

the game is kind of old, but its totally cool. BF2 is going to come out soon.

UrbanAssassin
03-23-2005, 08:34 PM
I have BF1942 and BF1942 Road to Rome installed but I dont play them alot. I will be getting BF Vietnam soon.

brokeashell
03-23-2005, 08:56 PM
I have BF1942 and BF1942 Road to Rome installed but I dont play them alot. I will be getting BF Vietnam soon.

thats cool, if you dont really like playing bf1942 i suggest d/ling the DCX mod for it. it is a very good mod. i love playing it. http://www.clan-dfm.org/index.php - This clan has a great server running.

the phatcat
03-24-2005, 01:04 AM
i'll wait for battlefield 2. that game looks incredible!

cant wait to see it make my 6800GT chug

jonopaul01
03-24-2005, 12:33 PM
I have got to say that I am also really looking forward to Battlefield2. The Inverse Kinematics, the Material Penetration, Squads of soldiers with leaders, Huge ranking system, Variable, real time scaling maps, everything you could want.
I personally don't own Battlefield 1942 (came into the FPS zone too late for that game to be "in". However I do love the game, the only thing I don't like is playing the huge maps with only a few people on which is rubbish. But they are fixing that for BF2 as I have said.

What does everyone else think?

brokeashell
03-25-2005, 06:32 PM
However I do love the game, the only thing I don't like is playing the huge maps with only a few people on which is rubbish. But they are fixing that for BF2 as I have said.

What does everyone else think?

They do have small Inf. maps to play. If you run your own server you can choose lots of diff. maps to play, not all of them are huge maps.

jonopaul01
04-01-2005, 11:11 AM
I know that, and you are quite right, you can get smaller maps. The problem I have is that you join when there are about 40 people playing but then everyone else goes to sleep leaving you and 5 other players on this huge map, which was great for 40 people but feels a bit empty for 6 people. But with BF2 each map has sections and as the player count drops they close off different zones so that you are pushed closer together and the game becomes a lot quicker. It sounds like it could be a bit difficult to actually implement (what happens if you are running in a zone being closed down?) but it should be a great plan. The real problem is that BF42 is a quite a realistic game i.e. If you get a couple of shots in your chest, your dead. So you end up running for 5 minutes in an empty map before you meet an enemy and then the combat is over in about 20 seconds. Of course I am over-blowing a very small problem that BF42 has and to be honest it does not affect the game play that much.

brokeashell
04-14-2005, 10:02 AM
i uderstand what your saying, about not having very many people to play with, but the Hall of Slain server stays full most of the time, there might not be 40 people in there at 9am but it is the best server for DCX out there (bf1942 mod)