PDA

View Full Version : Tell me how to protect my computer

willmiller
01-19-2007, 07:23 PM
I am a filthy spammer. There's nothing i like more than spamming these boards. If you want to do something to stop me, my IP address is 74.117.56.104.

I hate you, your wife, your children, even your little dog. I hate everyone and everything, and hope that one day, my SPAM will kill you all.

This is because i followed links in SPAM when young. Go on kids, don't you want to be like me? Just click the links in SPAM!

SgtM
01-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Check out zone alarm. www.zonelabs.com

simon275
01-19-2007, 09:39 PM
To protect your computer you will need a number of things.

Virus Software try

http://www.grisoft.com/doc/1

Spyware protection try

www.spybot.info/
and
www.lavasoftusa.com

Firewall

Go with zone labs

Are you behind a router? If you are then it acts as a firewall as well.

nil8
01-20-2007, 03:58 AM
Why are there links in your periods? It looks like spam.
As for software, you have all your answers.

Zephik
01-20-2007, 04:12 AM
Why are there links in your periods? It looks like spam.
As for software, you have all your answers.

You noticed that too huh?

I think this is a very very clever spammer. Or maybe he just likes sports alot... which in that case, he's still spamming. I think.

simon275
01-20-2007, 06:24 AM
Either he has spyware the adds them in or the more I read it it doesn't sound right.

I have the firewall that came with my windows xp. I want a better one. What is a VERY good firewall i can download and use for free that dosen't slow down my computer?

But he has used an emotion though which is specific to this site so maybe he is a spammer but it is a real person not a bot. I am gonna err on the side of caution and flag it.

ReignInPain
01-20-2007, 06:28 AM
The emotion is also a link. And it dosent even seem to work...Eggs on his face!

DaveW
01-20-2007, 08:02 AM
Thanks for pointing out the SPAMBOT guys. These guys are getting sneaky. I'm going to lock this one. +Rep for nil8 for noticing it's spam. Let's keep TBCS clean and SPAM free!

-Dave