PDA

View Full Version : Need an idea on what to do with this

Lopi
06-06-2005, 04:43 AM
Okay, I have this case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144026

The problem is that the psu I ordered seperately made by the same company over extended to where the top fan hole is and I'm not sure what to do to mod it to make it look good. Right now I just have the fan grill sitting in the spot with fan screws through it. I've been thinking about it, but I have no ideas. I haven't really done any case modding, but anyone have an idea of what I could?

Zeus
06-06-2005, 12:05 PM
you could put an elongated plexy panel accross the top and put the fan hole further toward the front. It would not be symmetrical, but would be functional :)

DRece
06-06-2005, 02:07 PM
you could put an elongated plexy panel accross the top and put the fan hole further toward the front. It would not be symmetrical, but would be functional :)

Or do something crazy like ...

Buy a duct to go on the outside to a fan on stilts that is on top of the case.

OR go really crazy and hook up a loud loud loud shop vac to it. ( j/k :P )

Malatory
06-06-2005, 02:55 PM
OR go really crazy and hook up a loud loud loud shop vac to it. ( j/k :P )

You could also add Ice to the Shop Vac and add a 2nd hose to push air into the front (Besure to add a water trap so your not addng water to the PC).

Frakk
06-06-2005, 03:11 PM
lopi you should have checked the dimensions of the psu at first, but i guess its too late now. how much longer is the psu? i cant think of anything else than redrill the hole.

uberben
08-10-2005, 10:21 PM
it looks like the blowhole is closer to the rear of your case than it is to the front. what if you drilled out the rivets holding the top panel in place, spun it around so it was closer to the front, and then re-riveted it on? the only issue i can see with that is that the pc's front bezel makes it look like the blowhole is closer to the back than it really is. if you try this method, be sure to measure the distance from the whole to each end of the top panel to ensure that the front half is infact larger.

slaveofconvention
08-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Personally, I'd just stick the fan on the top of the case, get a nice transparent lit one, a laser cut fan guard and you're back in business. Sure the airflow might not be QUITE as good as it was with the PSU slightly in the way, but you should still be able to do it and the other positive is you get another lil lighting feature on top - bit like Doctor Who's tardis.... (Hopefully this isn't where most of you say Doctor Who Who?)