PDA

View Full Version : free vista coupon

t009xv
01-29-2007, 08:48 PM
So when I got my new computer from iBuypower, I got the option with that came with a free upgrade coupon to Windows Vista. How would I go about using this coupon and getting Vista?

SgtM
01-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Check with iBuypower first.

Ronyx
01-29-2007, 09:07 PM
is your motherboard Asus? I got a free upgrade (which i am yet to use) from windows media centre edition to Windows Vista Home Premium. My motherboard is Asus P5N32-E SLI so i went to their website, selected Australia as the country and then click a big button that said "Windows Vista Upgrade Guide". After that there was another slightly smaller link which i clicked and i was off.

Here's the link: Windows Vista Upgrade (https://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista/Asustek/)

You simple need your COA (it's a 14 digit number found on your certificate of authenticity (it's a small sticker which should have been stuck onto your computer to certify that your reseller has installed a 100% legit version of windows on your machine, your receipt to verify the date of your purchase and two more things which i am struggling with.
They ask for a PC-Model and a Serial Number... Where do i find those??? I've looked everywhere, on my receipt on the machine on the COA, everywhere. I can't seem to find either one. That's why i am yet to go through with mine.

Well anyway once you complete that online you get a specific code which you then put on a seperate sheet which you should have been given. There you fill in your details and stuff and you have to mail that out.

Hope all goes well for you =]

t009xv
01-29-2007, 09:09 PM
My motherboard isn't Asus, so that wouldn't work for me I guess :/

Ronyx
01-29-2007, 09:30 PM
Do you have a sheet which has at the top "Upgrade Redemption Form for Upgrade Version of <insert Windows Vista version here>" If you have that coupon then it will work for you because the website is written on the coupon itself.

Ronyx
01-30-2007, 01:26 AM
just fixed my prob, i went to the site through the ASUS website, if you go to the website that's written on the coupon then you don't need a PC model or a Serial number.