onelegout
01-31-2007, 06:28 AM
What FPS games do you play?

Me:
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 2142
Counter Strike: Source

Are you in a clan?

If there are enough people who play bf2 or bf2142 here I could set up an 8v8 server and we could have a TBCS game!

On a side note, My clan, [TCF] clan aka The Chosen Few www.tcfclan.org is recruiting for Battlefield 2142, so if anyone is looking for a clan I would be happy to get you on the team. Also, we're looking for clans to scrim with, so if you're in a 2142 clan who would be up for some friendly skirmishes, give me a shout! We own two of the best servers in the UK, FURY1 and FURY2 so matches can be on our match server!

d_stilgar
01-31-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm all for Chex Quest. It is probably the best game I have ever played.

Mitternacht
01-31-2007, 12:34 PM
Halo and Halo 2

Airbozo
01-31-2007, 12:45 PM
Here is the list I play;

GRAW
BF Vietnam (still fun to fly the choppers)
BF2
BF2142
Delta Force Extreme (mainly for the coop play)

There are more, but I mainly play the above when I have time.

public_eyesore
01-31-2007, 01:54 PM
bf2

Jonny Axehandle
01-31-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm all for Chex Quest. It is probably the best game I have ever played.

You beat me to it. Yeah, best FPS ever.

SgtM
01-31-2007, 02:12 PM
I play a few, but mainly, I've been hooked on War Rock. My SN is sgtrick. Others:

Halo
Halo2
America's Army

Durrthock
02-02-2007, 09:42 PM
You name it I play it

SgtM
02-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Damn.. the open beta for War Rock ended. bastages!

Reyer
02-02-2007, 10:51 PM
i will smash some buns in halo 2
bring it and we can do work

simon275
02-03-2007, 05:59 AM
CS:S.

I Have all the others i.e. BF2 and so on but that is the only one I have time to play.

bartvandenberg
02-04-2007, 12:07 AM
Anyone ever get into Ghost recon: advanced warfighter?

bf2
bf2142
cod2
and im still a fan of the first half of farcry

and still lovin the ol' school games like project: IGI

simon275
02-04-2007, 12:29 AM
IGI I played IGI2 covert strike up until like last year. Good times

Commando
02-04-2007, 01:48 AM
Holy cow! I haven't played FP shooters since I was in college. I was hooked on Unreal Tournament back in the day.

I just started playing BF 2142. Man I'm hooked. My best vehicle is the hover tank, that's got to be just a weird coincidence.

It is perfect to get back on the horse. I would actually live longer than 3 secs even having just started. That's why I lost interest in UT. After not paying for a year or 2 you would just get smoked the instant you spawned.

d_stilgar
02-04-2007, 03:47 AM
Well, when FPS games first come out, everybody gets them and plays them. After a few years the only people left still playing are too hardcore, so you get rocked constantly. That probably has a little to do with it.

luciusad2004
02-04-2007, 09:38 AM
I always get owned in halo as soon as i spawn. I know how it feels to not be able to compete. I don't know what it is. Its like, as much as i love them, i just suck at video games. No matter how hard i try, how many times i may play through campaign mode, i can never get any better.

Bucko
02-04-2007, 11:29 AM
I just bought BF2142 today to have a play with. I've only had a couple of games in single player and it looks pretty good!
Admittedly my system won't let it play on full detail and screen size, but I'm happy enough for now while I decide if I get into it enough to justify the expense of a proper gaming machine.

bartvandenberg
02-04-2007, 12:40 PM
thats usually the prob when playing games online.. you have a couple jerks that like to camp at spawn points and ruin it for everyone else. and its too bad because it makes people hate the games and quit playing them.

SgtM
02-04-2007, 03:43 PM
thats usually the prob when playing games online.. you have a couple jerks that like to camp at spawn points and ruin it for everyone else. and its too bad because it makes people hate the games and quit playing them.

From what I saw, the people playing War Rock were ALL ABOUT spawn camping. Capture all the bases, and then sit and wait for the enemy to spawn at the 1 place they have left.. it got really annoying to say the least.

onelegout
02-04-2007, 04:09 PM

That's why I only realy play on my clanservers, so I can always kick people if they do this. Being in a clan makes fps games a totaly different experience realy,

H

Vertigo
02-04-2007, 05:47 PM
I haven't had a chance to try a lot of these, I do love FEAR though. One of the best FPS games I've played (single player atleast) in a long time. I do still enjoy UT and I'm anxious for 2K7. On the subject of Clans, it's been my experience that organized play such as clan and guilds have a dramatic impact on the game(s) in general. In all honest, if you're going to play one of these games online then a clan is the way to go. The experience is much more satisfying with a good group of people you and work well with.

Sakker
02-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Halo 1,2, CoD 1,2,3, Battlefield ALL, Rainbow Six Vegas on 360 (great!!) you name it. Quit MMORPG's way back when, and I turned to FPS and embraced it with a passion (of course being in college with nothing to do for half the day helps).

klingelton
02-06-2007, 09:01 AM
CS1.6, BF2142. BF2.

havn't been playing FPS too much recently, been more on WoW. lvl 50 and going strong! my friend just lent me a levelling guide, so i should be lvl 60 by next week!

d_stilgar
02-06-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm telling you guys, you should try out Chex Quest. It will really bring you back.

http://www.doomlegends.com/chexquest/frames.html

Vertigo
02-06-2007, 12:53 PM
You know Stil, I actually have a couple of copies of the original as well as Doom and Wolf 3d Shareware disks :P

d_stilgar
02-06-2007, 05:46 PM
That's cool. I really loved that game back in the day. My mom wouldn't let me play Doom or Duke Nukem, not that I wanted to, so Chex Quest was my introduction into first person shooters. I have my disk still too. I never did get the second one.

onelegout
02-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Anyone in a battlefield2142 clan?
Mine's looking for friendly matches, so if you want an 8v8 match give me a shout
H

Bucko
02-17-2007, 05:08 PM
I thought I'd give Command & Conquer: Renegade another go.
I had a go of it when I bought the C&C: The First Decade box set, but couldn't get into it with a standard keyboard, or play it with enough detail on my old machine.
With my ZBoard and a a whole lot better video card I love it!
The settings are all at max and it's smooth as. I'm still playing a bit of BF2142, but C&C is good to get me back into the FPS games and get used to using the ZBoard.

sirkillalot617
02-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Err last time i checked i was still in the ye gods clan but i havent been there for a while but i will check. what about setting up a tbcs clan we av taken control over the world of modding now maybe we could take over the world of gaming.

xRyokenx
02-17-2007, 11:47 PM
I'm mainly playing BF2142 right now, and I have to say, THAT GAME IS FREAKIN' AWESOME!

For those of you that want to know, my name is "xRyokenx", just without the quotes. Oh, and onelegout, I sent you an add message or whatever they're called.

I occasionally play Halo... I'd like to get BF2, but that can wait a while, I prefer finding one game and sticking with it.

All I need to do now is get my brother to get a job, build him a rig similar in caliber to mine, and get him playing BF2142... he's pretty good at FPS games, but he's not touching my computer because he won't get off it. Ever. He lost his laptop for a month because he tossed it across the room at me (and surprisingly to me, I caught it), and wouldn't get off my computer for the entire month, and when I didn't have one to use, he wouldn't let me use his. Sorry for getting off topic...

-Anthony

Indybird
02-18-2007, 04:06 AM
I play
Day of Defeat (if you play please tell PM me)
Battlefield 2
Call of Duty 2
Halo 1 & 2
UT2004

thats about all

Commando
02-19-2007, 07:19 PM
I still say BF2142 is awesome. I'm slowly but surely getting better. The fact that every stat is tracked on a central server is wicked.

I'm not in a clan yet but I'm sure eventually I will be.

Drum Thumper
02-27-2007, 04:49 PM
From what I saw, the people playing War Rock were ALL ABOUT spawn camping. Capture all the bases, and then sit and wait for the enemy to spawn at the 1 place they have left.. it got really annoying to say the least.

Sounds like an Arathi Basin/Warsong Gulch (World of Warcraft) game against my old guild on Arthas...we were GY campers supreme!

SSGM4DCOW
03-04-2007, 05:34 PM
i play halo 2 and halo pc but if you wanna play some of that or Battlefield 2142 chek out
http://convictedgunner.21.forumer.com/ our clan branch

S!CKO
03-26-2007, 08:19 PM
unreal tournament GOTY edition , its simple no gimmics and fun

**headshot!** he he he