PDA

View Full Version : A great what could be . . .

DRece
06-09-2005, 01:55 AM
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/epic

I was browsing Albino Black Sheep out of boredom and found this on the front page and it props a neat "What If" question up to mind.

*CAUTION: THE FLASH IS A LONG DOCUMENTARY SO BE PREPARED TO SIT FOR A BIT *

reddog418
06-09-2005, 02:24 AM
I've seen that before. The narrator's voice bugs the crap out of me. He has a lisp.

Secondly, I don't think so. Completely implausible. There are far too many idiots on the internet for that to work.

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."

Xato
06-09-2005, 02:25 AM
That was actually quite interesting... Although most of it is based on assumptions and many variables, its still worth a watch.
Google scares me now... it might be reading my thoughts... lol

Xato
06-09-2005, 02:27 AM
"Given infinite time and typewriters, a room full of monkeys could rewrite the entire works of Shakespeare. The Internet has proven this to be wrong."

They actually have a site which is doing this... And they have gotten to about 21 letters from a shakespeare play, from a random keystoke generator.

Rachel
06-10-2005, 12:25 AM
That was actually quite interesting... Although most of it is based on assumptions and many variables, its still worth a watch.
Google scares me now... it might be reading my thoughts... lol

Of course it's probably reading your posts. Google spiders are everywhere.

public_eyesore
06-10-2005, 12:54 AM
if that stuff really happens think how much easier our lives would be and how much more enjoyable web surfing will be

Xato
06-10-2005, 01:07 AM
Think of how much privacy you will have...

Frakk
06-10-2005, 08:07 AM
if that stuff really happens think how much easier our lives would be and how much more enjoyable web surfing will be

have you read Fahrenheit 451? if Microsoft and Google bots will edit the news, they can do whatever they want. It might be a little unrealistic, but noone knows what will happen in the future.

The Grendel
06-10-2005, 05:07 PM

Yeah sure, ads and spam that are personalized so they can annoy specifically YOU.

I'll pass. If it comes to that, I'll go live in Northern Saskachewan where no one can find you (if they even bother to look there) :D

-Grendel

public_eyesore
06-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Yeah sure, ads and spam that are personalized so they can annoy specifically YOU.

I'll pass. If it comes to that, I'll go live in Northern Saskachewan where no one can find you (if they even bother to look there) :D

-Grendel

if google buys amazon maybe most of their inome will ome from selling produts and not ads