PDA

View Full Version : First person mmorpg?

Reyer
02-04-2007, 08:15 PM
are there any first person shooter mmorpg games out?

.Maleficus.
02-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Yes. (http://www.ugo.com/channels/games/features/planetside/)

Edit: Homepage. (http://planetside.station.sony.com/)

Dem Pyros
02-04-2007, 10:08 PM
when is that coming out? Because the graphics don't look so hot.....

Sakker
02-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Lol, good ol' planetside, its not coming out, its been out forever. When it started it was pretty darn big, then it shrunk, and kept shrinking, they eventually downsized the realm it took place, if you were on when they were downsizing you would experience the world basically destroying itself (actual ingame downsizing). Sony runs it, along with the rest of their MMO lineup. It was a really good game when it came out, I have no idea how many people play it now.

Reyer
02-05-2007, 12:21 AM
dam that looked cool,

i was thinkin that bungie should do one like it with halo.
that would be the shat

Silenced_Coyote
02-05-2007, 12:57 AM
Huxley (http://www.huxleygame.com/)

Not sure when it comes out. It was first seen at E3 2005. Gamespot says that it is TBA 2007...

Reyer
02-05-2007, 01:46 AM
im looking at World War II online

it looks awsome, im downloading the demo right now, the graphics arent to goood

but the map is 1/2 scale of europe, so what can u expect

Dem Pyros
02-05-2007, 02:01 AM
Huxley, THAT's the game i was thinking of........

Redundant
02-05-2007, 06:31 PM
When it started it was pretty darn big, then it shrunk, and kept shrinking, they eventually downsized the realm it took place, if you were on when they were downsizing you would experience the world basically destroying itself (actual ingame downsizing).

LMAO! :p So I guess the world is flat! :D

Silenced_Coyote
02-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Huxley, THAT's the game i was thinking of........

Yeah... it kind of disappeard on us. I actually couldn't recall the name. Good thing I had it bookmarked. Would be nice if they gave us some new updates.

yemstar
03-07-2007, 03:57 AM
they are making a warhammer 40K MMORPG (cant wait) and there might be elements of FPS in that seeing as it is based around guns :D

DaveW
03-07-2007, 06:49 AM
There are new rumors of a Fallout MMORPG. While unrelated, it's simply too cool an idea to pass up. Someone made a Fallout 2 mod simulating how a Fallout MMORPG would work-doing things like collecting ammo from the wastes, bounty hunting, scavenging, mining, growing food, all sorts of thing. It was a pretty good mod, apart from the lack of script.

Although i don't think i trust interplay anymore.

-Dave

progbuddy
03-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I like Phantasy Star Universe (for xbox 360)

onelegout
03-07-2007, 05:58 PM
There are new rumors of a Fallout MMORPG. While unrelated, it's simply too cool an idea to pass up. Someone made a Fallout 2 mod simulating how a Fallout MMORPG would work-doing things like collecting ammo from the wastes, bounty hunting, scavenging, mining, growing food, all sorts of thing. It was a pretty good mod, apart from the lack of script.

-Dave

Keep dreaming, there have been rumors for years and every project so far has been cut ;)

Ichbin
03-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Huxley is coming out soon.
which is sweet.

Silenced_Coyote
03-08-2007, 12:52 AM
What do you mean by soon?

According to www.huxleygame.com, the Xbox 360 version will be release "sometime 2007". The release date for the PC version is even more vague. They don't even say what year...

On Webzengames.com, they say that the official website will launch this fall. That is just the WEBSITE! They say the game will be released within 2007, which I would suppose at the very end of the year.

Drum Thumper
03-08-2007, 04:25 AM

-Dave

Supposedly it's coming out in 2010. I'm not gonna hold my breath though.

And I agree, Fallout rocks! I'm toying with a Fallout theme mod after I finish up the John Deere.

Ichbin
03-08-2007, 06:05 PM
What do you mean by soon?

According to www.huxleygame.com, the Xbox 360 version will be release "sometime 2007". The release date for the PC version is even more vague. They don't even say what year...

On Webzengames.com, they say that the official website will launch this fall. That is just the WEBSITE! They say the game will be released within 2007, which I would suppose at the very end of the year.

Soon = before i die.

-Dave

Fallout franchise got bought by bethesda. Interplay does not own them anymore. Bethesda is working on a Fallout 3 and possibly the MMORPG, but not sure.

Drum Thumper
03-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Soon = before i die.

Fallout franchise got bought by bethesda. Interplay does not own them anymore. Bethesda is working on a Fallout 3 and possibly the MMORPG, but not sure.

Interplay holds the rights to the mmo still. They filed paperwork either last year or the beginning of this year, can't remember which.

Ichbin
03-08-2007, 11:17 PM
I think they should give the rights to the MMORPG title to bethesda as well.

I think bethesda knows what theyre doing when it comes to leveling systems (Look at elder scrolls) It works perfect for any of the fallout character sheets.

Just an idea though.

Drum Thumper
03-09-2007, 05:13 AM
I think they should give the rights to the MMORPG title to bethesda as well.

I think bethesda knows what theyre doing when it comes to leveling systems (Look at elder scrolls) It works perfect for any of the fallout character sheets.

Just an idea though.

I'll wait till bethesda comes out with FO3 to either agree or disagree with you. If they have screwed with the SPECIAL system at all...it won't be FO3, it'll be some crappy knock off!

DaveW
03-09-2007, 06:32 AM
Interplay refused to sell the MMORPG rights to Bethesda. Which is pretty much the only intelligent decision that they've made so far. Falout 3 was about 60-80% complete according to the development team when interplay decided to fire everyone and sell most of the franchise.

Interplay, you will burn in hell for what you've done. Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's right. Those guys worked themselves to death for Fallout, who the hell are you to tell them they can't do it anymore? Fallout rightfully belongs to the dev team, Interplay are just a publisher. It's ludicrously unfair, and the whole thing pisses me off.

-Dave

Ichbin
03-09-2007, 12:22 PM
I'll wait till bethesda comes out with FO3 to either agree or disagree with you. If they have screwed with the SPECIAL system at all...it won't be FO3, it'll be some crappy knock off!

good point, yea, i shouldnt jump ta conclusions. lol.

FPMachine
03-17-2007, 03:25 PM
The cool part about Planetside is its free to play. Not for a certain trial but forever. You just cant get above a certain rank... now thats not like a level because you can still do everything everyone else can. Just one thing at a time. which is fine because thats all you need because you can really only do one thing at a time anyway. so yeah I would give it a whirl I have been thinking about playing it myself again.

Ichbin
03-24-2007, 02:17 PM
I didnt like planetside because it wasnt organized properlly. You may say the play is organized, but i still say not so much.