PDA

View Full Version : These things have to be the best wire strippers known to man!

Bucko
02-05-2007, 11:07 AM
I bought a set of these wire strippers after trying them out at a mates place.

Linky to the Snap On site (http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=63011&group_ID=796&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog)

After doing a whole lot of stripping and soldering on my PC, I have to say they were worth the AU$120 I paid. All you do is insert the wire in the end and pull the trigger. Wire stripped! It has an adjustable guide so all the strips are exactly the same length and it automatically adjusts to the wire diameter. It even has a cutter in it too!
I got sick of using conventional strippers where you could easily cut the wire by accident.

All I can say is if you have the cash and do a lot of stripping, you NEED these these things!

I know it will make my job of rewiring my Project Yamaha R1 (must get in the garage and finish it. I miss riding it!) a whole lot easier now I've had a good go of trying them out.

Luke122
02-05-2007, 11:53 AM
I've used a similar set of strippers in the past, though the ones I had were poor quality. When they worked, they worked great though.

+rep for the good find!

DaveW
02-05-2007, 12:57 PM
I have to say they were worth the AU$120 I paid.

$51.85

Has the price went down, or am i missing something?

-Dave

.Maleficus.
02-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Has the price went down, or am i missing something?

-Dave
I think it's an American site you're looking at. Not sure though. I didn't see signs of a foreign company in the URL, but it could be different.

Bucko
02-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Correct. The site is American, hence the price is US$51, while I paid AU$120 in Australia for them.
I look at that site and the prices all seem so cheap compared to what I pay over here for my Snap On stuff.

tybrenis
02-05-2007, 11:10 PM
My Cold Heat (PIECE OF CRAP NEVER BUY IT...ahem.) came with a set of strippers just like that. They work great, and the coldheat PLUS the strippers was only $15. =D

Airbozo
02-06-2007, 12:15 PM
My Cold Heat (PIECE OF CRAP NEVER BUY IT...ahem.) came with a set of strippers just like that. They work great, and the coldheat PLUS the strippers was only $15. =D

I also bought one of those cold heat useless piece of crap paperweights. I could not even get it hot enough to melt the solder. I thought got a duff one, took it back, and no difference. None. Wasted money buying it, wasted my time trying to exchange it. Now the place I got it will not take it back because it is used. I am trying to get my money back from the manufacturer (not looking good).

tybrenis
02-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Yep, those pieces of junk should be avoided at all costs. Word to all modders: do NOT buy a Cold Heat. Ever. End of story.

Bucko
02-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Well I'm happy!
I ran into the Snap-On guy while I was at the Bike Shop today.
I lost his contact details and had been meaning to ring my old dealer to get this guys number again. Ahh the joy of moving and losing stuff!

I'll be pulling out the catalog again and looking through at what tools I still want and placing my order.