PDA

View Full Version : Moving your WC rig

Kabniel
02-06-2007, 03:47 PM
I've been pondering going to a WC rig for the temp drop and +3 to my shiny roll. But i've been avoiding because of 1) just the thought of "water" in a computer makes me cringe (i'm over that now) and 2) up until recently i've been a student. Moving from dorm to dorm would cause problems i figured. Now, I'm about to move a few more times, causing hesitation.

So my question to you:
Do you move your rig? How do you go about doing it? I assume you have to drain everything? Or is a WC rig usually sealed enough that you can drive with the rig in your car and now worry about spillage?

simon275
02-06-2007, 04:32 PM
It depends on how your WC system is setup. Pretty much always it is best to train your system. But if you have an internal WC setup with good clamps and the tubing has enough play inside the case you may get away with it.

Moofaa
02-06-2007, 07:47 PM
I was curious about this myself, was toying with the idea of going water cooling with my next system, but I do have to move it around from time to time.

Crimson Sky
02-06-2007, 08:04 PM
there shouldnt be any problem moving a water cooled rig as long as all the hardware and hose clamps are tight and secure. It's a sealed system--nothing leaks out once its assembled. You can run it upsidedown and sideways.

nil8
02-07-2007, 01:37 AM
Crimson is right. If it's sealed enough to run, it's sealed enough to move.

It might be a good idea to check for leaks after you move it around and set it back up just in case, but other than that, it shouldn't be an issue.

If you're really worried about it or have a system that isn't well contained, draining might be a better option.