PDA

View Full Version : Lighting

Mcygee
06-09-2005, 07:57 PM
ok here is my problem...

I just put in an Ultra dual blue cold cathode kit. Along with a blue UV wiring kit to wrap up all my cords. I was afraid this was going to happen... the blue cathodes are just like lights. They give off blue light, but they arn't giving the blue wiring wrap a glow. Or they are just overpowering any glow.

What I want is just some black lights, you know the kind that barely give off any light themselves but make anything neon glow like crazy around them? That's what I need. I didn't see anything like that on Xoxide.com

Anybody know where I could get black light kit?

Thanks!

*EDIT* I may have found something....

http://www.xpcgear.com/4inchuvccfl.html

Xato
06-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Lol nice work... and xoxide has a stack of them too... they are called UV cold cathodes...
http://www.xoxide.com/cooler-master-aurora-uv.html

Frakk
06-09-2005, 10:31 PM
black lights are called UV (ultra violet) lights in the computer world. check those out :D

Xato
06-10-2005, 01:36 AM
Plus, my UV reactive friend says that Cooler Master are a good UV brand... i think.

Mcygee
06-10-2005, 02:23 PM
LOL I know UV lights are the same as Black Lights. It was just that most of the UV lights I saw gave out to much visible light and overpowered the UV.

Xato
06-13-2005, 09:59 AM
Lol, sorry for the missunderstanding :D
Eitherway, i've always been curious as to why the visible spectrum of light isn't completely blocked from leaving the light source, just allowing the UV light to pass. Is it to do with the gas used, or just a lack of substance to block only the visible light...?
Can anyone enlighten me?

Frakk
06-13-2005, 03:03 PM
every light source emmits lightwaves in a specific range(s). ultraviolet is in the high Hz end of the visible range and infra red is on the other. there is no such gas that doesnt emmit at least a minimal amount of visible light, therefore the violet colour. they could filter it out, but that would make blacklights a lot more expensive and they would probably degrade the brightness as well.

Xato
06-14-2005, 02:12 AM
Yeh. Thats pretty much what i assumed... Would be cool if it was developed in future though. a totally 'Black' light.