PDA

View Full Version : Wireless trouble

sirkillalot617
02-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Hi after setting up my new wireless network everything seemed fine i could go online an everythin but when i try to play games online i Just about get on then it cuts me off This has happened with all 3 of my online games Please Help.

nil8
02-08-2007, 02:37 PM
What are the games?
Do you actually play for a bit or does it just stop at connecting to the server?

sirkillalot617
02-08-2007, 03:04 PM
games r counter strike and bf2 i normaly just get on the server then i get cut off but with dark crusades i get to play for bout 10 mins then i get cut off

Mitternacht
02-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Who's the manufacturer of your router? Would it happen to be Belkin?

progbuddy
02-08-2007, 04:49 PM
It's your ISP settings on your router probably. I know the same thing happens to the Xbox 360 I have (and a few PC games :p). It will set the NAT settings to "moderate" which filters some game material (i.e. voice, overall connectivity, etc.).

sirkillalot617
02-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Who's the manufacturer of your router? Would it happen to be Belkin?yes it is im afraid

nil8
02-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Does your web browser, or files you download timeout or is it just games?

sirkillalot617
02-08-2007, 07:17 PM
just games mainly

Mitternacht
02-08-2007, 07:28 PM
yes it is im afraid

I have the same exact problems. When I download songs with Morpheus the router will just give up and lose the internet connection. That's why I'm running Server 2003 on Wiedergeboren, and will be looking into how to turn off DHCP IP addressing on the router, and let Wiedergeboren do that for my other PCs.

sirkillalot617
02-08-2007, 07:39 PM
I have the same exact problems.right well if u find a solution plese tell me il swap it round to my d-link wireless stuff and see what happens

simon275
02-08-2007, 08:35 PM
A number of people ar having this problem.

Some things to do.

-Update the firmware of your wifi router.
-Update the drivers for wifi on your computer
-Let windows configure wifi on your computer not the program that comes with the wifi card.
-Also go onto your router and open the ports needed by dark crusade to connect to the net.
-May be due to interference try changing the channel your wifi is broadcast on.

Another option is go into the local area connection properties slect authentication and then remove the tick from the box for Enable IEEE802.1x authentication. May make your network less secure but also may fix your problem.

If you are using a different 3rd party program for wifi and want to use it windows may be compeiting with the drivers.

So go start run and type services.msc then scroll down until you find Wireless Zero Configuration if you are using supplied drivers then make sure the status is stopped and the startup is disabled. This may screw up your wifi as some 3rd party wifi programs just piggyback off this.

Also when your wifi drops immediately go to a computer which is plugged into using a wired connection and read the activity logs on the router it may give you a clue to what is going on.

Have to go. Look on the web there many options out there.

sirkillalot617
02-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Enable IEEE802.1x authentication. May make your network less secure but also may fix your problem.
oh cheers dude i just had a nice 2 hour game on dark crusades thanks a bunch Plus rep