PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity sighting...

cygnus_x_1
06-10-2005, 11:07 PM
I was at work today and ended up meeting Darryl McDaniels (you get a cookie if you guess who he is and no google searches :mad: ).

So, I'm sitting at my desk hating life and wanting to choke my co-workers, just trying to get thru another friday. One of the managers from the other side of the office comes in to ask for a sharpie. Standing with him is this guy (Darryl), so trying to be nice (like everyone in the office knows i am :rolleyes: ) i offer my sharpie to the guy. Now that i am looking at him im saying to myself, 'damn this guy looks familiar' so i hand him the sharpie and it hits me as he is standing there getting ready to sign a pair of shoes (addias). So i shake his hand, and tell him its great to see him. :D

anyway he goes back about his business, and all my co-workers are friggin oblivious to who just walked thru their office, and again, i just wanted to choke them all.

MrSlacker
06-10-2005, 11:28 PM
i googled him and still have no clue who he is :rolleyes:

Frakk
06-10-2005, 11:52 PM
the is the founder of Run-DMC. im not really into his music but he is a respectful person. good for you cygnus :)

MrSlacker
06-11-2005, 12:39 AM
the is the founder of Run-DMC. im not really into his music but he is a respectful person. good for you cygnus :)
ohh, heard something about them on TV.

ZeD
06-11-2005, 12:08 PM
You work in Time Square and thats who you get excited about seeing? A buddy of mine and I were at a tower records on the island browsing CDs (YEARS ago) anyway he wasnt looking where he was going and bumps into someone, hits the floor, when the guy puts his hand out to help him up he turns his head like a confused puppy and goes. LL? LL Cool J bumped into him, man he's a pretty big man! I honestly didnt know it was him till my friend said LL, There are a few others but what good is me telling stories of bumping into celebrities.

cygnus_x_1
06-11-2005, 12:22 PM
nice... :rolleyes:

i was floored to see him in my office. i work for a japanese company, and i am one of a handful of non-japanese (the only one on my side of the office) so to see a rap legend just come strolling in the office was a pretty big shock.

im not one to go nuts over celeb sightings, just thought this one was cool, since he was one of the founders of his genre of music.

pointedsirforky
06-13-2005, 10:21 PM
I used to work for a small-time film post production house out of toronto a few years back.. Man, all the minor stars that dropped by...

You know, most of them were pretty lame.

Though I did see Geddy Lee once on my way home from work once. I think he was driving a Volvo.

And this big black dude, Yaphet Koto. He was seriously the coolest guy who dropped by the office.

Yeah....

...Run DMC's dude? I'm totally envious. >_<

cygnus_x_1
06-13-2005, 11:52 PM
i would trade you Geddy for DMC any day...i am a HUGE Rush fan...

pointedsirforky
06-14-2005, 11:29 AM
Somehow I thought you would say that. :)

Dante
06-14-2005, 11:35 AM
I read somewhere that his name "Geddy Lee" is derived from his real first and middle name "Gary Lee" being mis-pronounced by someone with a heavy french canadian accent. Don't know if this is true or not but it seems logical.

DickNervous
06-14-2005, 02:00 PM
Many years ago I went to a training class for Welfleet routers in Toronto and one of the guys in the class was a Rush fanatic. I am a big fan, but this guy knew everything about the band and then some. One of the tidbits he knew was that Alex owned a bar/club in downtown Toronto and that sometimes he dropped in to play with the house band. So we all piled into some cabs one night and went.

Sure enough, Alex shows up and this guy is just speechless. Eventually he gtes his snses enough to ask for an autograph and gets it on a Canadian $20 bill. I just shook his hand and said hello and that I really enjoy the music, he seemed very happy to hear that.

pointedsirforky
06-14-2005, 03:45 PM
His mother, an oldschool polish jew.

Given name was Gary Lee Weinrib.

cygnus_x_1
06-14-2005, 11:59 PM
His mother, an oldschool polish jew.

Given name was Gary Lee Weinrib.

ding ding ding!!!! you get a cookie...good job...being a drummer, i am in awe of Neil....he is simply the best technical/sounding drummer on the face of the earth. with all the stuff he has put up with in the past 5 years, it was excellent to see him pull through and keep on entertaining us.

pointedsirforky
06-15-2005, 12:21 AM
Yaay cookie! :D