PDA

View Full Version : Preferred Controller

xRyokenx
02-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Exactly that. What do you prefer to use? Mouse, Trackball, Controller, Joystick, etc.? Also, why do you prefer using what you do?

I myself prefer using a trackball, much easier on my wrist and you don't have to pick the danged thing up... you can be more accurate in my opinion too...

slytherock
02-14-2007, 12:01 AM
I'm also using a trackball (This one is the best I've tried (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/CA/EN,CRID=2150,CONTENTID=5006)) and a Natural ergonomic keyboard 4000 (http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=043) At first it was for the same reasons as you, but now it's for the ease of use. I also use the Nostromo n52 (http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=157024) for programs that involve alot of shortcuts like AVID, Photoshop, AfterEffects, and more...

Edit: Btw, with that weird setup (trackball, ergonomic keyboard, and the Nostromo) no one of my friends or roommates want to touch my computers ;)

xRyokenx
02-14-2007, 12:12 AM
Actually, my trackball (my dad busted my first one, let's not get into that... long annoying story), and my replacement (after like a year) is hopefully going to be in tomorrow. I was looking at the one that you have and decided that it costs a little too much for me, I have (am getting soon) the $20 Marble Mouse. My family hates trying to use the trackball, heh heh... I'll have to look into getting the Nostromo n52 for gaming or something, like customize it or something to "optimize my gaming experience, gulargle blargle." I added the gibberish in there because I tend to feel like it needs to be there, especially when I'm saying something that sounds stupid. Trackballs are cooler anyway.

I'm betting that since none of your friends or roommates touches your computer it's got less spyware and junk on it, right? It's not being messed with by other people, and that's what I like, my stuff being left alone, heh heh.

slytherock
02-14-2007, 12:20 AM
The marble mouse? Probably the worst I've tried. Anyway, it's your choice...

As for the spyware or junk; not really, when I'm at work, I use 4 different computers all at once (I still hate mac...) and at home I'm permanently on 3 different ones. I'm a huge internet addict, one of biggest fun is to try new softwares, so I get a lot of dirt. One of my computers almost never connect with internet (only connected for updates or file transfer) so I can still work with this one ;) On other hand, I know how to manage my mess, cause I know what I do, and my roommates dont...

simon275
02-14-2007, 12:34 AM
Wireless Mouse.

xRyokenx
02-14-2007, 12:35 AM
Well, I used it and liked it... it's all a matter of opinion.

I really only go to a few places, so I shouldn't have to worry about spyware, but it finds its way in, occasionally. What do you do with computers? Freakin' run the street lights or something? Heh... okay, that's it, I'm in a bad mood, 91st street gets red lights for all directions, heh heh...

I do like the deal where people don't know how to work it... I'm kinda selfish when it comes to the security of my stuff...

Oh yeah, great sig by the way, heh... I'll have to try the bubblewrap deal one day...

slytherock
02-14-2007, 12:48 AM
Well, I used it and liked it... it's all a matter of opinion.
No problem with that :)

I really only go to a few places, so I shouldn't have to worry about spyware, but it finds its way in, occasionally. What do you do with computers? Freakin' run the street lights or something? Heh... okay, that's it, I'm in a bad mood, 91st street gets red lights for all directions, heh heh...
Sometimes I wish I could :rolleyes: I'm an editor, right now I'm in advertising, but I do alot of sports movies and some real movies too. I have to be able to do almost anything, even have a life :eek: and no, I dont sleep very much :p

I do like the deal where people don't know how to work it... I'm kinda selfish when it comes to the security of my stuff...
I am too, I hate when people touch my stuff

Oh yeah, great sig by the way, heh... I'll have to try the bubblewrap deal one day...
Still better then punching my roommates ;)

I have to write something in order to validate my post (everything have been said in the quotes. What about a funny sentence? Here we go:
The number you have reach 9 1 1 have been change. Please try again...

xRyokenx
02-14-2007, 12:54 AM
Heh, glad to see you have a sense of humor where most people I deal with don't... what movies and stuff have you done? Punching my "housemates" probably wouldn't work out that well, 1. I have very little muscle in my arms, I can lift, but not really punch, 2. I'd end up losing that which I aim to protect for at least a month.

I can see some Homestar Runner and The Far Side in some of the humor I had in that post... I'm glad to see some of my role models (humor-wise) have had an effect on that...

EDIT: Somebody call the "thread-police," we've got a situation here, two members have gotten way off topic and we need immediate intervention.

I'm kidding... I'm enjoying this little conversation. Good conversations are to few and far between these days...

slytherock
02-14-2007, 12:59 AM
You probably never heard of my work, I,m working in the only french area in america...

xRyokenx
02-14-2007, 01:01 AM
Ahh, yeah... that's right... still I'm curious. Let's see what I do know of that you have done.

slytherock
02-14-2007, 01:06 AM
What do you guys could know? mmm, let's think... I've work on Les invasions barbares (not as an editor) CRAZY (still not as the editor, but it's a good friend of mine now) those are probably the only ones that you can have heard of. The others ones, even here in montreal, nobody seems to know about...

xRyokenx
02-14-2007, 01:10 AM
Are you screwing up your English on purpose? Got a link? I haven't heard of it... but I can guess what it means. Is it "The Barbarian Invasion"?

slytherock
02-14-2007, 01:26 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338135/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401085/
(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401085/)

Are you screwing up your English on purpose?

I'm french...

xRyokenx
02-14-2007, 01:28 AM
Ahh, okay... Just so you know, I don't mean to offend you in any way...

I took French in 10th grade, and I didn't learn a thing, my classmates were horrible and the teacher went to India, saw the schools there, came back, and decided to not teach anymore. They say that English is a tough language to learn...

slytherock
02-14-2007, 01:31 AM
No offense at all. I know my english suck, as much as my spanish and my Italian. But my french is ggod :) In fact, english is not really difficult (no offence) But some of the grammar rules are still obscur to me

xRyokenx
02-14-2007, 01:57 AM
No offence at all, if anything offends me, it's the so called "native" English speakers that can't talk... and yeah, some of the grammar rules are confusing for me too, and from reading a LOT, I have pretty good grammar, I think...

nil8
02-14-2007, 02:13 AM
I've used the MS Natural Ergonomic 4000 at a job before and they are comfortable and awesome if you're used to the split design.

I used a regular mouse(Logitech MX310) for gaming and a trackball(Logitech TrackMan) for my HTPC.

My keyboard is a MS Natural Keyboard elite that I've had for a few years. My C button is wearing away from video gaming.

luciusad2004
02-14-2007, 04:02 AM
I think when it comes to gaming i do best with a keyboard and mouse. Im not to picky, although i really prefer (almost demand) an optical or laser mouse. As far as keyboards i can cope with anything but my preference is towards laptop style keyboards. It seems like most people hate them, but i love them.

As far as controllers are concerned, i don't mean to sound like a fan boy, but i love my 360 controllers. Honestly IMO one of the most comfortable controllers I have ever held. I used to use one for gaming on the pc so that i could keep up with all of my friends on xbox. But i don't really need to do that any more since i finally have my own.

Short and simple: I think i play better with a mouse and keyboard, but i do often enjoy the feel of a 360 controller.

xRyokenx
02-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Yeah, the 360 controllers are nice, I'm just not good with thumbsticks, unless it's like Oblivion or some sort of racing game. My brother had an ergonomic keyboard for a while... but I think it broke from our move from Eastern NE to Eastern NC...