PDA

View Full Version : University Sponsorship

simon275
02-14-2007, 06:43 AM
I just got back from a orientation camp for my university course. I am studying IT so I was there with other IT students. The whole orientation camp was sponsored by Microsoft and Logitech.

So were there to learn about university life which we spent half the time doing the other half of the time we spent hearing marketing pitches and doing silly competitions just to win Microsoft branded junk and cheap webcams from logitech. I knew university's all over the world are sponsored by companies but this was just plain silly. Who seriously wants Microsoft branded binoculars.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

On another note I did get into an hour long disscussion with two chicks about wifi networking. I think I am going to like university.

DaveW
02-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

You should see the company recruitment Days. I know a guy who got a Dell brand picture frame. One of the guys got a Agilent 1gig memory stick. It flashes. Not bad for free.

-Dave

nil8
02-14-2007, 10:43 AM
I've been a part of Cisco's 5 hour spiel about their voip telephony solutions. A tshirt, thumbdrive, lunch, dvd, and 2 demonstrations later and I was sick of Cisco.

slytherock
02-14-2007, 10:51 AM
On another note I did get into an hour long disscussion with two chicks about wifi networking. I think I am going to like university.
:rolleyes: mmmm... so much memories... Enjoy your stay :lick:

AJ@PR
02-14-2007, 03:27 PM
:rolleyes: mmmm... so much memories... Enjoy your stay :lick:

True true and really true.

Enjoy your stay man.
Enjoy life.
Experiment.
Go for it.

:)

And discuss more than wifi nets with girls... like lingerie preferences and stuff... :p

Slug Toy
02-14-2007, 06:00 PM
the only thing that always amazes me is how much stuff gets given away at conventions and recruitment events. i just went to a geology roundup a couple weeks back, and i got a big bag full of stuff. i signed up as a student and ended up getting a full delegate package, so i got like three free lunches, a fancy dinner, and access to all sorts of restricted lectures and ceremonies.

Omega
02-14-2007, 06:30 PM
And discuss more than wifi nets with girls... like lingerie preferences and stuff... :p

Does your Lingerie have 64 or 128bit WEP encryption?

simon275
02-14-2007, 08:03 PM
I stumbled across this the other day.

http://www.jinx.com/scripts/details.asp?affid=-1&productID=521

Funny stuff.

Back on topic yeah it was quite a shock to the system all this corporate sponsorship but anyway University is going to be fun.