PDA

View Full Version : Asus

Fuse
03-21-2005, 06:58 PM
the Asus vento thats a cool case i am getting one look info and pic on the vento (http://www.asus.com/products/pccomponents/chassis/vento3600/flash/vento3600.htm) u need flash to view it sorry! :D

voltov
03-21-2005, 09:45 PM
i have seen that case before.. it makes me think about a military top secret project.. i wouldnt mind taking one of those :)

Crimson Sky
03-23-2005, 12:33 AM
I actually like that case..I trhink it has potential as part of a pretty cool mod--I'm sure someone is working on it already

Seven
03-23-2005, 01:53 AM
Poor cooling from what I've heard...

However, I think it would look extremely cool if somebody could wet mold a carbon fiber copy of that case...

Got a link crimson?

Bum
03-24-2005, 12:40 AM
It looks like they are trying to be at the beginning of moving PCs away from the box. Whether or not you like Apples, you won't ever mistake one for something else. They definitely set a precedent for function with style and it looks like Asus is trying to move that way also. That particular case doesn't thrill me but I like the effort.

mashie
03-25-2005, 10:56 PM
It has a good mod potential, my next gaming system will quite likely end up in a "slightly" modded version of this case. ;)

ZeD
03-26-2005, 06:55 AM
It definitly has some nice features, but like all cases it has some unappealing features aswell. However that is simply my personal oppinion. Looks aside it does seam to be a well built and thoughtout case.

mashie
03-26-2005, 01:58 PM
It definitly has some nice features, but like all cases it has some unappealing features aswell. However that is simply my personal oppinion. Looks aside it does seam to be a well built and thoughtout case.
As always, to get a perfect case for your needs you need to design and make it yourself.

ZeD
03-26-2005, 02:17 PM
I don't have the time, but my birthday is coming up so if your feeling generous by all means hack away, my favorite color is teal and Im itching for a AMD 64 ;)

Matthew
03-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Poor cooling? I dont know about that. It was made for cooling. Where did you hear that at Seven?

MrSlacker
03-27-2005, 11:01 PM
i think it looks like ****. the door that slides on top is a cool idea but thats it

K3LO
03-30-2005, 08:23 PM
it looks like an alienware wannabe sort of. IMO

sly
04-06-2005, 03:19 AM
Wow that is insane case the slickest i`ve seen but for 150 bucks that`s tooo much

Zavrion
04-30-2005, 07:08 PM
What a manly looking case.

Aristo
05-02-2005, 03:18 AM
Poop!

jonopaul01
05-02-2005, 06:41 AM
Apparently it is a Love/Hate case. As for me, I love it. But I love it so much that I wouldn't want to mod it, so that goes against the whole point of buying a case. I really can't see much modding potential for this case but if I just felt like a change without having to mod the case then Iwould go with this one. But not at that price!

Aristo
05-02-2005, 08:01 PM
Expensive Poop. ;)

The Grendel
05-03-2005, 02:46 PM
As ugly as the exterior looks, that can be modded.
I personally don't like the door but the vents could be modded for something usefull. If they are actually functional vents then its a sure bet that the airflow will be restricted at the inside end.

Yeah, look at the specs for it,
80mm fan in front, 120mm in back
Side vent (on the door)

BUT they never mention the vents

what do you want to bet that the "vents" go nowhere and are just plastic to make it look "cool"

-Grendel

redhalo
05-03-2005, 03:06 PM
No it's true, that case is horrid on cooling. The front intake fan doesn't blow anywhere towards the back of the case, instead it blows from the left to the right hitting only the hard drives and nothing else. A single 80mm for the front is pretty weak anyways. To mod something bigger in the font and facing the proper direction would pretty much compromise the front ports. Every review I've seen thus far of it has commented on breaking the front door within minutes. Steel frame with plastic snap on parts isn't worth the cost when you could get something aluminum for the same price. It is sexy though.

edit: In responce to Grendel, the front fan they speak of is in the left vent directly facing the right vent.

malum_morkin
08-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Hey guys, I'm new here, and I was wondering if anyone could answer my question about this case. Please put aside any prejudice or opinions (good or bad) about this case cuz I'm getting it because I like it. If you don't, that's cool, but please don't flame me for it.
Anyways, it has one AGP 8x slot and 6 pci slots. I'm getting a non-AGP motherboard and video card because pci express is faster. So will my motherboard and video card fit correctly in this case? can I just use a regular pci slot for my pci express video card and leave the agp slot alone?
thanks

Nathan
08-03-2005, 09:38 PM
yes it will fit

sXenoG
08-06-2005, 08:16 PM
I honestly love the way it looks bt i can see the alienware resemblance my personal taste it curves i love them cant help it.

niko7209
08-31-2005, 06:41 PM
Poop!

agreed. fancy looking and expensive, but poop.

montmorency
09-16-2005, 08:17 PM
i think it would make a very interesting military/spy mod. however asi t is now, i dont like it that much. it does have some good features though, so if they were to be integrated into the mod it would be cool.