View Full Version : Console Controllers

Canadian Eh?
02-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Basically pick one and why-
Xbox Style
Playstation Style
Gamecube Style
Wii Style (w/ nunchuck)

Here is what i think-. xbox is too big and why is the d-pad next to the analog?
playstation i can fit my hans around perfectly and the layout is nice
gamecube, the action buttons on the right are a wierd setup. two triggers and one click (z) up there is stupid.
i haven't tryed the Wii yet (unfortunately) so i will not say anything.

p.s. if anyone wants a super rugged controller, get the NERF wireless one. is totally foam padded and covered in NERF material. you can throw it or catch it during gameplay. also, my bro had it downstairs and the ps2 was running on the second story and he could control it. useless but fun.:)

SSGM4DCOW
03-02-2007, 01:01 AM
the xbox controllers are perfect for FPS games
the PS2 controller is great for RPGs
the gamecube controller could have been a lot better
the wii style of gameplay is a great idea and with a little work and polish could become a great additon to gaming history

and the nerf controller is perfect for those games that get you soo pissed off that you find yourself throwing the controller at the TV

Bucko
03-02-2007, 01:14 AM
I like the PS2 controller myself. Never liked the xBox controller.
Hence why I bought a Logitech Dual Action controller, it's basically a PS2 controller for the PC with a better feel.

d_stilgar
03-02-2007, 01:39 AM
The ergonomics of the gamecube controller are perfect in my opinion. The PS2 is a little square, but has the dual analog that the cube doesn't. Xbox is too big and I've never held one that I like. The Wii is perfect for being lazy. One arm can rest above my head and the other can rest in my lap while playing zelda since the two halves of the controller are connected by a long cord.

crazzyyredneck
03-02-2007, 02:06 AM
Def. The Xbox One. I Just Love The Way It Feels. Never Liked The Gamecube One. And Just Not A Big Sony Fan So Thats Outta My Vote lol. The Wii Is Cool Controller But Still Have To Say Xbox.

Luke122
03-02-2007, 03:26 AM
the xbox controllers are perfect for FPS games

Agreed.. but it's the the analog triggers that do it for me. The control in racing games is terriffic, and very comfortable.

Playstations dual shoulder buttons take a bit of getting used to, but the controllers work nicely for fighting games I think.

Never played a gamecube (seriously), but I think the controllers look ridiculous.. Nintendo was close with the N64, but the SNES controller was groundbreaking.

And now the Wii is doing it again... if anyone here hasnt played that Rayman game for Wii yet.. you are really missing out. It's hilarious, and the action is great.

SSGM4DCOW
03-02-2007, 07:07 AM
the 64 controller looked a little goofy with those 3 sticks pocking out of it it had a great idea but it made the controller to confusing to figure out how to hold.

DaveW
03-02-2007, 09:51 AM
The ergonomics of the gamecube controller are perfect in my opinion.

I agree. The Wii controller is great, but i wouldn't play certain games on it, for example racing games or first person shooters. Zelda was great, and RPG's etc. could really use the Wii's controller to a great advantage. I think the Wii will become a playground for developing ideas, and most of the current genres will not find the Wii a happy home. I think the current console war is now between Microsoft and Sony-the Wii doesn't really compare anymore, in the same way you can't really compare the the PC with consoles.

-Dave

Durrthock
03-02-2007, 12:55 PM
I Like the 360 controllers fits your hands well.

SSGM4DCOW
03-02-2007, 02:13 PM
I Like the 360 controllers fits your hands well.

i agree with that the 360 controller is my favorite so far of any controller
i do think that the wii controllers have great potential..... graphics turned away a lot of ppl from it but with the playability of some of the games(wii sports) it will be great to see how it will progress in the future.....:banana:

Reyer
03-03-2007, 03:55 AM
i like xbox most,
but gamecube always felt the best, every thing was molded for my liking

luciusad2004
03-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Xbox 360 controller ftw. I love them. Im also really happy that Microsoft did something smart and made them compatible with the pc. one of the best controllers i've ever owned, and by owned i mean pwned :lick: j/k.

Ichbin
03-03-2007, 06:47 PM
I like the wii controller.

Idk, i just like swinging my arms around all the time while a play a game.
It takes the aggresion out.

Canadian Eh?
03-10-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm glad some people devoted their time to answer my simple question... (that sounded sooo cheezy)

SSGM4DCOW
03-13-2007, 11:20 PM
I like the wii controller.

Idk, i just like swinging my arms around all the time while a play a game.
It takes the aggresion out.

lol yea well i think the wii controller is a fantastic idea. just needs a little bit of polishing and fixing on the load times.... red steel had a horrible loading and the thing still had a **** load of glitches lol.

Canadian Eh?
03-16-2007, 06:02 PM
does anyone agree with me that the L2 and R2 buttons on the dualshock need to be replaced with triggers? (instead of shoulder buttons) that would make it better i think.

Spawn-Inc
03-16-2007, 07:29 PM
The ergonomics of the gamecube controller are perfect in my opinion. The PS2 is a little square, but has the dual analog that the cube doesn't. Xbox is too big and I've never held one that I like. The Wii is perfect for being lazy. One arm can rest above my head and the other can rest in my lap while playing zelda since the two halves of the controller are connected by a long cord.

EXACTLY! thats the exact way i play. i love that about the wiimote.
and i agree with everything you said 100%

i personally would like a bit of a longer cord between the nunchuck and wiimote. or even wireless, though it would make the nunchuck bigger.

Cool1Net6
03-26-2007, 10:40 PM
My Personal Opinion: PS2 > XBOX 360 > Wii-mote > Gamecube

My personal opinion is that by far the PS2 Dual Shock controller is the best console gaming controller ever. Its nicely sized, not too big, not too small. In my hands, its comfortable, and the left analog stick is comfortable even though its not in a 'prime' location.

Second to that I like the XBOX 360 controller. Its light enough, comfy, and the analog stick you use most is closer to your hands. It works fantastic with the 360, its wireless, and it shows you what player you are best out of all the next gen consoles. I personally use a wireless XBOX controller (S-type) for gaming on my computer.

The Wii controller is a fantastic controller, and extremely innovative. I wish I could use it to control other appliances in my house, like my TV, my VCR, my computer, maybe my dog, etc. If and when people find an easy way to turn that into a media remote for the PC, I am there!

The GameCube controller is nice, but I don't really like it very much. It doesn't feel all that comfortable (especially the C-stick) and a friend of mine has broken several of them because of the radical boomerang design. However, I do like the simpler button scheme where there is a big A button on the right hand side.

-Cool-

Bucko
03-26-2007, 11:37 PM
The Gamecube control was the only thing around to be worse than the n64 controller to use.

d_stilgar
03-27-2007, 03:33 AM
The Gamecube control was the only thing around to be worse than the n64 controller to use.

I think the N64 controller was awesome. It is true that you could only use two of the three handles at once, but it was the first controller to really try to be ergonomic. It also worked really well.

The gamecube controller was very comfortable too, IMO. I agree that it was not as good as the N64 though.

Guardian
03-27-2007, 10:28 AM
I personally fell in-love with the ORIGINAL xbox controller. I think the design is perfect, and it fits my rather large hands perfectly. The 360 controller is okay, but the shape isn't as big and as hand-humping as the original controller.

Ps2 controller is just too damn small. The shoulder buttons are okay, exept there too close to each other, like there are 2 shoulder bottons on each side, those 2 have to be spaced apart more, it bothers me too much, one of the reasons I hate ps2.

Gamecube controller is okay, Its not perfect, its not gay, its just okay. No complaints, no braggs.

Wii-mote....lol.... I think its "genius" only for certain games. There are games I wouldn't play with it. If you're gonna play Halo 2 with it, im sure you wouldn't be bragging. However I think its great if you're playing like tenis or pong or somthing.

Canadian Eh?
03-27-2007, 01:51 PM
I think the N64 controller was awesome. It is true that you could only use two of the three handles at once, but it was the first controller to really try to be ergonomic. It also worked really well.

I agree totally! It certainly gave you and the developers options on how YOU wanted to play the game. Those controllers are way up there on my favs list!

BTW, i didn't people were still posting here...

haha49
03-29-2007, 03:30 AM
the wii is too hard to press 1 and 2 as its so far down..

FPMachine
04-02-2007, 06:39 PM
I agree. The Wii controller is great, but i wouldn't play certain games on it, for example racing games or first person shooters. Zelda was great, and RPG's etc. could really use the Wii's controller to a great advantage. I think the Wii will become a playground for developing ideas, and most of the current genres will not find the Wii a happy home. I think the current console war is now between Microsoft and Sony-the Wii doesn't really compare anymore, in the same way you can't really compare the the PC with consoles.

-Dave

actually racing games on the Wii are a treat. steering the controller is much more sensitive and intuitive than on a d pad or analog stick. pick up excite truck and give it a whirl. its AWESOME

Canadian Eh?
04-08-2007, 10:14 AM
I played a friends Wii last night! I played a bit of Wii Sports and a bit of Rayman! It's so tiring after one boxing match phew!

DaveW
04-08-2007, 02:48 PM

The gamecube controller was very comfortable too, IMO. I agree that it was not as good as the N64 though.

I personally thought the gamecube controller was far superior to the N64 controller; the only way i could mark it down, is if it was compared to what was standard at the time, and the possible improvements that could have been made.

The N64 controller was bulky, and when you tried to get a new user to use it, they would have a very difficult time getting used to holding the middle with their left hand. The thumb stick was too long, and very fragile.

-Dave