PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Adapter Thingy?

Zephik
02-20-2007, 12:50 AM
Is there a kind of product out there that would let me use my cellphones bluetooth headset on my computer for gaming?

Bucko
02-20-2007, 09:35 AM
You can get Bluetooth Dongles to allow the computer to communicate with phones/PDS's/etc, but I don't know how that would work with the headset.
For the cost of the Dongle, you could probably buy a cheap USB headset anyway.

SgtM
02-20-2007, 10:54 AM
I just got one. I'm able to pair my phone and headset (moto HS850) with it. I don't have team speak or anything to try it out with though.

Ironcat
02-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Teamspeak is free...

xmastree
02-20-2007, 05:13 PM
There is a way to use a bluetooth headset with skype, so it may be possible.

AKA_RA
02-20-2007, 06:06 PM
yes, but if you get a microsoft dongle, i think your unable to. ive got a microsoft dongle and i have not, for the life of me, been able to get it working after pairing it with my headset. ive read a dozen forum posts telling me to disable microsofts stock bluetooth drivers and add the widcomm drivers manually, or disable and use the drivers that came with it. well widcomm wont work for me and the drivers that came with it are, of course, microsofts stock drivers. last i read, microsoft does not officially support wireless bluetooth headsets. at least not under xp.

Zephik
02-20-2007, 06:46 PM
So it will work with any bluetooth dongle other than microsoft? Any dongle recommendations?

Yotendoten
03-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Well if you've got money buy the Logitech MX5000 Bluetooth Keyboard/Laser Mouse bundle... It comes with a bluetooth dongle and I use it to sync with my friends phone and use a Moto Bluetooth Headset on it.