PDA

View Full Version : Nzxt Adamas

Zephik
02-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Nzxt Adamas (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811146031) - Retail from Newegg.com

3D Gamer Man (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDHz0rwTCoI) - Video Review

Techgage (http://techgage.com/article/nzxt_adamas/1) - Written Review

Zephik
02-22-2007, 03:04 AM
Well I thought this case was awesome.

lol

agnat
02-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Kind of expensive for a fairly plain aluminum case don't you think?

sirkillalot617
02-22-2007, 12:53 PM
bit expensive and it looks a bit plain just my opinion.

Redundant
02-22-2007, 07:07 PM
The fact that it only uses 120mm fans is great but it is awfully expensive for that case as agnat and sirkillalot617 said...

Zephik
02-22-2007, 07:31 PM
It is expensive, but what completely aluminum "flag ship" case isn't? The cheapest _completely_ aluminum case is still around $100USD. The price will come down eventually, especially since more and more companies are starting to "get it" with case designs/material. But forget the price for a second, pretend that you actually have jobs and/or decent paying ones and/or you were willing to save up 200 bucks. But why would you save up 200 bucks for _this_ case instead of just getting another completely aluminum case for half the price? Well...

It is a Full Mid Tower, unlike some"other" cases. ie Four 5.25 and Two 3.5 bays. Granted it is a bit cramped on the inside and one of the 3.5 bays are being used to hide the front do hickeys.

Truly all aluminum case construction. Some cheaper "all aluminum" cases consist of non aluminum materials.

No window(s). Okay, this is probably just a plus to me. I don't like windows, I used to, but now I think they look tacky unless designed and implemented properly. For example sakes, the Thermaltake Armor looks like it is missing something until you add in those particular windows.

Going off of the no windows design. This is a very clean and very black case. No gimmicks here!

Four 120mm Fans, Zero 80mm Fans. Reducing noise and increasing airflow, always a plus in my book. Again, your cheaper all aluminum cases usually lack a truly adequate system of good airflow and/or uses 80mm fans.

Now here comes my favorite part of this case's design and the reason why I even bothered to mention this case to you guys.

Extra Reinforced Structure. Special reinforced welding, 3mm top and bottom aluminum frame, 2mm aluminum construction. In other words... THICK as frack!

First case, that I know of, to implement a built in heatsink for not only the entire case, but for the drive bays as well. I don't really care a WHOLE lot about this, but I love the way it looks. See chart below for temperature readings by Techgage.com.

Didn't follow the route of the Zalman Fatal1ty. ie an advertising extravaganza. One simple Nzxt logo up top keeps that factor down and might even add to the cases appeal because of its simplicity, size and location.

Following through with the Completely Aluminum boast. Most of your cheaper "all aluminum" cases will consist of non aluminum materials SOMEWHERE. Such as the power and reset buttons for example. Nzxt gave us Aluminum buttons with the Adamas. Paying close attention to small details? Plus.

Included fan's and fan filters. Thank you Nzxt. Thats all I have to say.

No screws and screws. I think Nzxt has a damn good understanding of the "screwless" design idea introduced not that long ago. There are screws where there should be and there aren't screws where there shouldn't be. I like that A LOT.

Now for the final touch. Insanely easy removal of the front panel. Did you guys check that out? CRAZY!

So yes, it is expensive. But have you ever seen a cheap Silverstone? It's rare if not non-existent. Something with this many features while keeping it "real" and still adding new ideas and designs is definitely worthy of being compared to Silverstone cases.

:Out of Breath:

So do you guys still think that 200 bucks is a lot to ask for with this case? What do you think it should be _realistically_ priced at?

Temperature Chart
http://techgage.com/reviews/nzxt/adamas/temperature.jpg

Silenced_Coyote
02-22-2007, 09:30 PM
I my armor plated Silverstone TJ07 better even though it only has 2 92mm intakes. They seem good enough.

Oh, Lian-li had heatsinks on the hard drive bays way before this case came out. It is on their S80 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811112110).

Looks like the side panel attaches on differently. Looks interesting.

bartvandenberg
02-23-2007, 08:43 PM
im gonna say i like this case. so what its plain. its simple yet "elegant". doesnt have a million flashy buttons, and you can certainly tell thats its a solid well built case. im sure if most of the people on this site would actually see one in "person", pick it up, touch it, i think a lot of people would be able to see its a good quality case, and probably change their minds on if its worth the 200 bucks or not.

the way i see it, you get what you pay for when it comes to computer cases. (most of the time)

d_stilgar
02-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Looks like a good case. I like NZXT and their products. That looks like a good case, and although $200 seems like a lot, the case seems to be very simple looking but actually has some innovations that other cases do not have.

Zephik
02-23-2007, 09:11 PM
im gonna say i like this case. so what its plain. its simple yet "elegant". doesnt have a million flashy buttons, and you can certainly tell thats its a solid well built case. im sure if most of the people on this site would actually see one in "person", pick it up, touch it, i think a lot of people would be able to see its a good quality case, and probably change their minds on if its worth the 200 bucks or not.

the way i see it, you get what you pay for when it comes to computer cases. (most of the time)

My thoughts exactly :)

Zephik
02-23-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm selling my iPod Video 30GB (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8046125&st=iPod+Video+30GB&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1158103973104) and my iFlip (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7956722&st=iFlip&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1153336299028) (as a bundled package) and I'm going to buy this case. As soon as I find a buyer I'll place in an order and I'll let you guys know if it is worth $200 smackers or not. If it's not, then I'll just return it or sell it and get a sweet new motherboard or something. ^_^

How much do you guys think I can get for those two items? My iPod is almost brand new as I just had it replaced about a month-ish ago (They sent me a brand new one back! YEA!), its virtually scratch free. The iFlip has some hardly noticeable scratches on the outside, but none the less they are there if you look closely. Basically, you can tell these are used products, but they are in great condition for being used products.

Silenced_Coyote
02-24-2007, 02:49 AM
It is a Full Mid Tower, unlike some"other" cases. ie Four 5.25 and Two 3.5 bays. Granted it is a bit cramped on the inside and one of the 3.5 bays are being used to hide the front do hickeys.

Not sure what you mean by "full" mid tower. Specs just say mid tower. By the way, a quick search on Newegg says that they carry 338 mid tower cases with 4 5.25 and 2 3.5 drive bays.

Oh, another site did a review on this case and noted that the PCI slot brackets/covers are punchouts. I know that is minor, but I think they it shouldn't be that way for this expensive of a case. Of course, we all probably have a whole bunch of spares laying around. But it would be nice that it was because they are black. Nice to buy an expensive case and have it "perfect".

M@X@ CASE - freaks
02-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Real beauty. I like attaching / deattaching lever, and side panel a/d mechanism