PDA

View Full Version : Best bang for the buck Gaming Mouse?

Commando
02-24-2007, 08:47 PM
I just sold my last case so I've got a little money burning a hole in my pocket.

I'm totally on the fence about buying a Logitech G5 or a Razer Copperhead.

I'm starting to really get into BF 2142 and want to take my game to the next level.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

.Maleficus.
02-24-2007, 10:07 PM
I have a Logitech MX-518 and it's superb. Feels great in my hand, variable DPI, and 7 buttons. I'd check it out. The best way to find a mouse though is to head on down to Best Buy or another computer part retailer, and try some of the mice they have on display. See what feels nice, and what is reasonalby priced.

Indybird
02-24-2007, 10:48 PM
I just sold my last case so I've got a little money burning a hole in my pocket.

I'm totally on the fence about buying a Logitech G5 or a Razer Copperhead.

I'm starting to really get into BF 2142 and want to take my game to the next level.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Im a logitech-guy so I'd recommend the G5. Plus if you're really into Battlefield 2142, logitech makes a Battlefield 2142-themed G5: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826104037

progbuddy
02-25-2007, 12:45 AM
I like the look and feel of the Razer Diamondback.

andymushu
02-26-2007, 12:31 AM
i have a logitech g5 and trust me, if you are into first person shooters, this is the mouse to get. it made my scores in cs:s and dod:s skyrocket. plus all the features are just amazing. highly recommended

Ironcat
02-26-2007, 12:57 PM
I have a diamondback. Love it.

onelegout
02-26-2007, 02:39 PM
I have a Logitech MX-518 and it's superb. Feels great in my hand, variable DPI, and 7 buttons. I'd check it out. The best way to find a mouse though is to head on down to Best Buy or another computer part retailer, and try some of the mice they have on display. See what feels nice, and what is reasonalby priced.

Quoted for truth. The MX-518 is a fantastic mouse for FPS gaming.
I find that its main benefit for bf2142 are the simple +/- sensitivity buttons. above and below the scroll wheel. I use them when I am a sniper; normal sensitivity for running about but when I'm in position I click it down one step to a lower sensitivity (you can set the levels of the sensitivity increments to whatever you prefer). This makes my sniping more steady and makes my long distance sniping much easier. It's also usefull to be able to change the sensitivity depending on which vehicle you are using.

Peace,
H

intergalacticman
02-26-2007, 02:52 PM
i have a logitech g5 and trust me, if you are into first person shooters, this is the mouse to get. it made my scores in cs:s and dod:s skyrocket. plus all the features are just amazing. highly recommended

yeah man me and my friend have one and we pwn at our LAN parties at battlefield 2 with them and they just cool

Commando
02-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the all the advice. I just ordered 2 G5s.

Of course one's for me and the other I'm gonna trick out with a great paint job. I just can't help myself.

andymushu
02-27-2007, 09:45 PM
congrats on the great purchase and good luck with trickin it out

Kabniel
03-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Even though it's a little late, i still want to say this.

The best mouse is really up to you. While people can say "____" is the greatest, it usually comes down to personal feel and preference. Size of hands, button placement, etc. The only way to really determine what is "best" is by going to a store front and putting your hand on them. Many chain stores offer a row of mice that you can manipulate and see how they feel. Unfortunately not many places do this with gaming mice. I spent months trying to get a feel for mice by placing my hand over the plastic. No one I knew had any mouse I was looking at (logi g5, diamondback, etc).

For those who read this after the fact, my suggestion is to put off buying a new mouse until you can get a feel for it. Go to a store, ask if you can take one out of the box to see how it feels. Get an idea on if it's going to make your hand cramp or bend your wrist inappropriately. Spending $50-70 on a mouse is a big deal when there's a $15 substitute that feels the same but doesn't have "gaming" on the box.

I've gone from a non-name brand optical, to a MS Wireless Internet, to a trackball, to a MS Habu. The no-name brand was my favorite so far. I've only had the Habu for a week so far though. I like it. More button resistance and shape to it than the Diamondback, better (for me) side button positions than the G5. I spent a good year going round trying to find G5's and Razors to try out. Came across the Habu by accident. Most stores are overly touchy about opening merch in store. :\

SSGM4DCOW
03-05-2007, 09:52 PM
usualy ogitech makes some of the best stuff for computers
personally i dont buy anything like keyboards mouse speakers etc unless its logitech

Sakker
03-06-2007, 02:12 PM
I agree with SSGM4DCOW, logitech all the way. I use a Logitech Trackball for my gaming needs, I play FPS a lot, and driving games, its hard to turn maneuver really fast when you run out of space on your mouse pad, with a trackball all you have to do is glide it across your thumb no worries about space.

Durrthock
03-06-2007, 06:35 PM
G5 all the way I have used one for over a year now definately worth it.

demon_hunter2k4
03-15-2007, 06:54 AM
eh, i have both g5 and mx-518, i prefer my 518 over g5 for gaming, the weights dont seem to do anything lol O.o

sollyturbine
03-28-2007, 06:38 PM
G7 all the way wireless is sooo much better imo

bartvandenberg
03-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Quoted for truth. The MX-518 is a fantastic mouse for FPS gaming.
I find that its main benefit for bf2142 are the simple +/- sensitivity buttons. above and below the scroll wheel. I use them when I am a sniper; normal sensitivity for running about but when I'm in position I click it down one step to a lower sensitivity (you can set the levels of the sensitivity increments to whatever you prefer). This makes my sniping more steady and makes my long distance sniping much easier. It's also usefull to be able to change the sensitivity depending on which vehicle you are using.

Peace,
H

and crank that sensitivity when in a stationary weapon like anti aircraft missile launcher, and suddenly its not sluggish and heavy.

LOVE MY G7!!!

Commando
03-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Thanks again everyone.

I ended up getting a G5 and I do love it.

Cranking up the sensitivity at key times during BF2142 is tricky but cool.