PDA

View Full Version : ati drivers issues

busandave
02-27-2007, 07:30 AM
hi to all i do not post often here but read daily and have had many questions answered by many of you.

So today I cant find the answer i was looking for so thought I would ask.

i am running a ati crossfire set up x1900 series and the os is Vista ultimate 32 bit

I was understanding that the next set of drivers ( 7.2 or something like that ) would allow me to get back to the resolutions I had with xp. but I am still stuck at 1360x768 if I want to have a full screen if I push up to what the screen can handle 1920 x 1080 or full HD 1080p It wont let me stretch it to full screen.
The option is not in the ati ccc ,

so that all said I am looking for help

thanks in advance

Indybird
03-18-2007, 02:22 AM
Ive had the same problem on all my monitors other than my main one. Please help me also...

Silenced_Coyote
03-18-2007, 02:47 PM
I don't know about AMD, but Nvidia has a place (special website or page, I don't remember) where you can submit your issues. The issues that are most prevalent will be addressed in their next driver update.

jdbnsn
03-18-2007, 05:14 PM
ATI/AMD is likely to be the best source to answer this question. I also run Crossfire 1900s but not in Vista. Historically ATI has been slow to produce the proper drivers, but they get them eventually. I don't know how it is now that they partnered up with AMD. I would go to www.ati.amd.com and download the problem report wizard, register your hardware, submit a tech support request and see what they say. Don't forget to update this thread with what you learn, I'd like to see if it's worth it to upgrade to Vista.