PDA

View Full Version : Comp USA

Maverike-prime
02-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Greetings all. As some of you are undoubtably already aware, Comp USA is closing many of it's store locations:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
(Sorry, slighty giddy now) Anyway, they will be liquidating their inventory, so it'd be a really great time to grab some hard ware and software. I do not yet information about the liquidation process, so please do not ask. I just thought I'd post the heads up so you can check with a comp near you to find out if it is closing or not and when the liquidation will actually start.

b4i7
02-28-2007, 01:44 PM
heh...i used to work at comp usa.....ive known bout tons of stores closin for a while..... i believe its mostly along the west coast and texas....but i may be wrong

Maverike-prime
02-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Oh no my friend, it's COMPANY wide. I work at a Comp one the east cost (Va to be a bit more presice) and we're clocing all but like 4 stores on this coast.

AJ@PR
02-28-2007, 05:02 PM
I wonder if any over @ Puerto Rico are closing...

The 1st CompUSA store here, once opened, held the title of the store that most sold in a day in the ENTIRE United States.

It only lost the title when.... when other CompUSA stores opened in our little cute island.

b4i7
02-28-2007, 05:38 PM
ah...well...back when i first heard of it...it was only mostly california and texas

Mitternacht
02-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Good thing, they're always overpriced. $80 for a 150-watt MicroATX PSU? pfft.

b4i7
03-01-2007, 02:12 AM
heh...the best thing was the USB cables.... 23USD on shelf.....3USD at cost....i loved getting things at cost

DaveW
03-01-2007, 09:31 AM
+Rep for the heads up dude.

-Dave

haha49
03-27-2007, 07:08 PM
heh...the best thing was the USB cables.... 23USD on shelf.....3USD at cost....i loved getting things at cost

haha thats funny were i work i can get them for 2 bucks ha.. and that canadian :twisted:

azminisk8r
03-27-2007, 09:52 PM
sweet im west coast, btw are they building more later or reopening or is this the beginning of the end, baszically stocks or not

rendermandan
03-28-2007, 12:57 AM
Well I can tell you its not limited to the east coast. The one here in Nebraska is closing. I've already checked it out. the only thing I thought about buy was Vista at 15% off. It would have only been $203. but I decided to wait untill more drivers become available.

Maverike-prime
03-28-2007, 10:57 AM
sweet im west coast, btw are they building more later or reopening or is this the beginning of the end, baszically stocks or not

Depends on who you ask. You've got the company line of "We're closing the stores that are no longer in a possition to adequetly serve our future business needs and are thusly being liquidated to remove stock and assets from inventory." (Little hard to beleive when you factor in that they're closing like 3/4 of the chain but Imaoh)

And then you've got my personal theory: This is the big sign that the company is folding. Not hard to imagine when you know that the company has possitions like VP of Inventory Services, VP of Inventory Optimization, VP of INventory COntrol, SVP of Inventory Ordering, SVP of Inventory Managment, VP Of Inventory invoicing, VP of Inventory Billing, SVP of INventory Billing and SVP of Inventory Services. (Am I the only one who that's a bit exsessive for a chain that only has 212 stores?)

Maverike-prime
03-28-2007, 10:59 AM
Good thing, they're always overpriced. $80 for a 150-watt MicroATX PSU? pfft.

WOW! that comp was F*cked up! My store has 150 Micros for $25. And thats before the liquidation discount.

Maverike-prime
03-28-2007, 11:16 AM
okay here's one to add to the reasons Comp USA is closing. We have a inventory department given over to Optical drives. But then we have seperate departments (not sub-departments of the Optical drive department, but seperate depts) for CD-drives, CD-Rom Drives {I always thought those were the same thing] CD-RW drives, DVD-Drives, DVD-Rom Drives {?} DVD-RW Drives, DVD+R drives, DVD+RW Drives, DVD-DL drives, and DVD-LS drives [Light scrib ?]

So instead of having 1 department with 8 sub-departments, we have 8 departments! Anyone care to try and illustrate the logic for that one to me?

Guardian
03-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Theres only 1 bad thing to shopping at CompUSA NOW, you can't return anything, you get some boot leged stuff, DOA or anything, heh good lucky buddy.

public_eyesore
03-29-2007, 02:17 AM
So, CompUSA now has stuff at extremely discounted prices? i guess that makes their prices just a bit above neweggs