PDA

View Full Version : WoW Subscriptions

xRyokenx
03-08-2007, 01:03 PM
My brother and I recently downloaded the trial, and I was wondering if the boxed version of the game comes with a month or so subscription. From what I saw on the website, I believe it does, but could use some sort of confirmation.

Do you have to pay anything to get a character moved from one server to another? If so, how much?

For those interested, I'm on (I believe) the Ald'Ruhn (or something like that... I'll look later) realm and am a troll named "Kruggh."

andymushu
03-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Yes you do have to pay to get your character transfered between two "realms" i believe they are called. something like $20 (i think...). and yes each game comes with a free month subscription. someone who knows more will probably correct some of this. it has been a while since i did the whole WoW thing.

Drum Thumper
03-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Buy a boxed version of the game, give them credit card info, and you'll get your first month of your addiction for free:D . Not sure if it'll give you the month for free with a game card though.

The only time you have to worry about moving between realms is when you either a: take part in a mass character move from an overpopulated realm to a lower pop realm (free) or b: you do a paid character transfer ($25 USD iirc).

Hope this helps.

xRyokenx
03-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Okay, thanks... if worst comes to worst, I'll just make a new character, I'd rather not have to... but hey, I don't need to pay $25 just to transfer a character when it's free to make a new one...

Drum Thumper
03-08-2007, 05:53 PM
There's also a level cap on transferring--I think you have to be at least L10.

But with it quite easy to powerlevel up to 20 in a day (YMMV, I know how to do it cause I know the quest lines), its almost always better to roll a new toon.

PauL
03-08-2007, 06:58 PM
I wouldn't recommend transfering a character to a different server. Some friends I play with did it back around Christmas time and there chars still haven't been transfered. But you might have better luck, just a heads up, thats all.

Ticien
03-09-2007, 11:13 AM
*shakes head* WoW is the bane of my MMORPG existence....

I played it for about 2 years, got bored with the game and left to find something with more compelling content :/ . Met my girlfriend there (dont laugh, ive heard all the jokes already). If you decide to go on Durotan server say hi to shadows of divinity for me (guild i used to run...theyre still around apparently)

xRyokenx
03-09-2007, 11:26 AM
I actually might get a copy of Morrowind and/or Oblivion today, no subscriptions required for those, heh heh... so WoW may end up waiting a while...

Luke122
03-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Guildwars is no monthly fee either.. something to consider.

But I sold out to Blizzard.. 32 Tauren Warrior named BlackAnghus on Hellscream realm, member of the Jive Horde.

Ticien
03-09-2007, 01:23 PM
i wrote a big long thing about how people shouldnt play that game.

then i put it in a text file and decided not to post it.

bad karma

xRyokenx
03-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Heh heh... prolly a good idea, there are people out there that tend to go a little crazy on people's ideas...

If my dad likes WoW, I'll play it more, but if not, I'll play Morrowind and/or Oblivion more... I do enjoy the toned down graphics and the MMO part, it's fun playing an easy to learn game with my brother... more enjoyable than playing a single player with no one around...

Ticien
03-09-2007, 03:11 PM
personally i couldnt get into morrowind, though i know a lot of people that liked it, its like playing an mmo by yourself...gets a little drawn out, but its fun to build sculptures out of all the things you steal from peoples houses.

if you want to play an mmo you should play...everquest 2. because i need more people to adventure with. I was going to say vanguard but the game is so full of bugs youd be lucky to get through the tutorial zone without something going wrong.

xRyokenx
03-09-2007, 11:02 PM
We just hit Wally World, and they had Morrowind... what a decision to make, WoW, or TES: III... I chose Morrowind... I'll get WoW later on. I actually couldn't find the Fighter's Guild every time I tried to go there, so I made this huge pile of crap in front of it... quite funny... thanks for the suggestions all.