PDA

View Full Version : Doom3 Video on Youtube

Crimson Sky
03-09-2007, 10:27 PM
At last!! I have a small vid up on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFw7iR4FbjE) and google video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3081380995342424722). Plus another treat, the complete Video Worklog (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a89yRqqK1T8)

a89yRqqK1T8

Dem Pyros
03-09-2007, 11:58 PM
At last!!!! "This video has been removed by the user"

Crimson Sky
03-09-2007, 11:59 PM
fixed

DaveW
03-10-2007, 09:52 AM
At last!!!! "This video has been removed by the user" rofl!

-Dave

Rodrigo Vicentini
03-10-2007, 11:34 AM
Crimson Sky you are a genius, very beautiful this case, simply perfect: D found very interesting the remote control to light the leds. :Perfect D

tapion440
03-16-2007, 10:14 PM
I thought all the waiting for the case to be shown was going to kill the "big reveal" for me but boy was I wrong. Nothing can tarnish the awesomeness of that case. Just a few questions:

Is it heavy? Cause it looks monstrous.

What camera did you use to take those final build photo? Cause my pictures never look like that.

And lastly, although I think I asked this before: Did you think about slowing down the "garage"-like door on the front of the case?

That's it! Great job on the case. I think I'll have another look through the entire worklog now that it's done. God bless and I can't wait to see what you're going to show us next.

Crimson Sky
03-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Hey thanks tapion and Rodrigo..I really appreciate it. I had the best time of my life making it!~

To answer your questions, YES..it's quite heavy--about 60lbs. Although I used light but strong plastics and aluminum, all the watercooling gear, hardware made a big jump in weight at the end. The PCPower & Cooling brand power supply itself is a beast.

It's not as big as it seems in the video though--I was using a wide angle lens. The structure itself is only:

9" wide x 22" high x 22" deep. Not much bigger than an ATX case! The rocky base only extends about 3 inches all around beyond the structure.

As for the blast door, I wanted more of a futuristic "emergency speed" type of action, rather than the slow movement of say a garage door. I suppose I could have slowed it down by adding another gear, but that was just a decision I didnt make at the time.

My camera is a Minolta Dimage A-1, its pretty good, nothing like the new Sonys (Sony bought the Minolta camera division) that replaced this model. I also have a Lowel lighting kit, which is a must for taking good pics indoors.

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/misc/paul_doom3.jpg

Crimson Sky
03-17-2007, 12:13 AM
There's a pic to show scale..its not that big at all

progbuddy
03-18-2007, 08:41 PM
*eplilipesy* lol.

Good music, a little too fast.

EDIT:

(Sony bought the Minolta camera division)
damn Sony and their evil products :p.

I have a Minolta 35 mm w/ a SIGMA short zoom lens. I like my Nikon D200 more :)

you look kinda tired.

Crimson Sky
03-18-2007, 09:36 PM
you look kinda tired.

always have. It's the sleepy bedroom eyes ;)

Drew
03-23-2007, 08:26 AM
Nice to see it in scale.

Looks amazing dude.

restecp.

LesTime
05-02-2008, 06:07 AM
Hail Paul C, for he is a true creative genius!
This project sucked me in a few years ago. I stumbled upon the tbcs doom3 mod in progress and got addicted. I had to follow it's progress and experienced cold turkey once in my life. That was when Paul had to move away from the d3 project and had to work on a mod the customers where paying for... Checked back regularly hoping d3 was back on track and when it did, it was even better the before. Doom3 best mod of all time - just my humble opinion. Praying that i will find the time/space and money to do a mod of my own someday (i will!). Till then i feast my eyes on what some of the artists here create.

Helder M
05-02-2008, 08:47 AM
This is one of my favorite case , very creative well done !!!

Crimson Sky
05-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Hail Paul C, for he is a true creative genius!
This project sucked me in a few years ago. I stumbled upon the tbcs doom3 mod in progress and got addicted. I had to follow it's progress and experienced cold turkey once in my life. That was when Paul had to move away from the d3 project and had to work on a mod the customers where paying for... Checked back regularly hoping d3 was back on track and when it did, it was even better the before. Doom3 best mod of all time - just my humble opinion. Praying that i will find the time/space and money to do a mod of my own someday (i will!). Till then i feast my eyes on what some of the artists here create.

Welcome to TBCS, I'm humbled by your good natured observations of the craft. When you're ready for your own project, never fear, guidance is here :)

-Paul

SXRguyinMA
06-27-2008, 10:47 AM
that things insane! great job!

BuzzKillington
12-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Crimson, your rig was on the home shopping network a while back when they googled "doom 3."

Twigsoffury
01-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks for making it. I was looking in at the project every week after I heard from a friend about a "doom case"

My favorite piece was the Chainsaw for sure.

Where did you get those airbrush skills by the way?

kalor_alros
01-31-2009, 03:21 PM
This case is utterly mind blowing. Your attention to detail is astonishing, as are your design skills. This case is what has inspired me to get into modding.

I have to admit that, while it's a small piece of the project, my favorite part is a toss-up between the airlock and the smokestack. The details are what count, and you've got plenty of em.

theshoeshineman
02-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Could make a lot of comments on thise case (all positive) but I guess it really speaks for itself!