PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Urinals!

Zephik
03-12-2007, 10:27 PM
http://www.secretsites.de/joblog/?p=281

Why isn't there a high tech urinal somewhere in there?

Oh wait, here it is!

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/video-worlds-most-high-tech-urinal-75000

:eek:

tybrenis
03-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Wow. I'm sorry but what a waste of 75 grand. That's so dumb. Who wants to take a piss in the middle of a street somewhere? I wouldn't use a urinal in the middle of a park!

That first link was amazing.

xRyokenx
03-12-2007, 10:46 PM
Heh, the guillotine one was great. Great find.

Aero
03-12-2007, 10:48 PM
as hilarious as it is. Its actually a pretty smart idea to a growing problem. Of corse public restrooms would be another ingenious breakthrough.

Zephik
03-12-2007, 10:55 PM
In America, those things would never be used. In America.

If you watch the video, its pretty clear that people don't have a problem with it at all. lol

Its called a honey bucket people. All you need to do is get someone to come in and make it look like its apart of the "scene". Creative and less costly. But a hydraulic port-a-potty is still pretty cool.

My favorite urinal is the one with robotic arms. Just because I am REALLY lazy. lol

xRyokenx
03-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Yeah, we're quite cheap here. In Europe (or at least Germany), they have restrooms that you pay about a dollar to use, it's there, it's clean, and it's reasonable. Hell, I'd pay a dollar to not use the bathroom at WalMart or hold it for three hours until we're in line to checkout (which takes another hour to get through). Let's not get me started on WalMart.

Bucko
03-12-2007, 11:11 PM
I'd use one of those urinals. When out on the town walking between bars, it would be just the thing.

Spawn-Inc
03-12-2007, 11:18 PM
do i see the possibility for a toilet modding site!?!?!? but that lift one is awesome... but what about chicks? did anyone else notice that control looked like a choclate bar!?

xRyokenx
03-12-2007, 11:21 PM
A whole lift-up stall with sink and everything... not quite as practical though... my Calc teacher was telling the class one day that she and a few friends were trying to invent a device that allows the ladies to urinate while standing, don't know what progress they've made, but then there would be no need to have a separate structure-type-mahdingy.

Bucko
03-12-2007, 11:31 PM
I've seen ladies urinate while standing. It was quite unexpected when I walked into the mens room....

xRyokenx
03-12-2007, 11:37 PM
I bet it was... just like when I jumped in Morrowind after cheating in it, and my character going through the wall into space, and then my PC rebooting and not wanting to boot Windows until I let it cool down for a while...

nil8
03-13-2007, 12:00 AM
The bushes work just as well and they're free.

d_stilgar
03-13-2007, 01:15 AM
my Calc teacher was telling the class one day that she and a few friends were trying to invent a device that allows the ladies to urinate while standing

http://www.travelmateinfo.com/page002.html

The device has been invented, although it is nothing more than a funnel really.

DaJe
03-13-2007, 01:24 AM
I just happened to see these posted elsewhere earlier today.

http://boards.ign.com/the_vestibule/b5296/138355231/p1

Omega
03-13-2007, 02:05 AM
I see no problem with finding a bush and pissing there. I do that all the time (but not near streets or when there are people around). Especially at night, but that has nothing to do with alcohol (I'm only 16, after all), instead, caffeine.

xRyokenx
03-13-2007, 02:05 AM
http://www.travelmateinfo.com/page002.html

The device has been invented, although it is nothing more than a funnel really.

I think that might have been what she was planning on making... quite simple too... I'd email her the link, to let her know her idea was thought up a while ago by someone else, but I can't email anyone at the school due to them having problems with me, and something I had said being taken the wrong way, and exaggerated by morons and spread around like the manure it is. Hence why I have nobody to talk to that lives around here. :dead:

EDIT: Should I even ask where and/or how you found that site? jk Don't worry about it, let's not travel down that road if it's not a good one.

Zephik
03-13-2007, 02:31 AM
Being a dude rocks.

Dudes = no funnels

Yep, good deal. lol

DaveW
03-13-2007, 06:14 AM
I've seen ladies urinate while standing. It was quite unexpected when I walked into the mens room....

I bet it was... just like when I jumped in Morrowind after cheating in it, and my character going through the wall into space, and then my PC rebooting and not wanting to boot Windows until I let it cool down for a while...

This gets an award for being the geekiest response of all time. Ever.

-Dave

Bucko
03-13-2007, 06:35 AM
Yes, I'm not sure of the connection between a computer not booting and a lady naked from the waist down using a mens urinal.

simon275
03-13-2007, 06:58 AM
Raise your hand if you are now disturbed.

*Raises hand.

The pop up urinal is kinda cool I guess. What would be cooler would be a pop up vending machine.

You are walking along the street and you go hmm I feel like a mountain dew. You press a button or tap on the ground and a vending machine rises up.

GT40_GearHead
03-13-2007, 07:16 AM
yeah the pop up urinal looks cool BUT... you wouldn't catch me in that thing, even if i pee my self

i freaks me out, when i have to pee on the street, i start looking for the most hidden place i can find
if iy would have doors or something no problem, better yet why don't it go underground until you pee, and when your done pops back up, that would be really cool

AJ@PR
03-13-2007, 09:27 AM
By day, the Urilift is lowered below street level for a nice clean look. Then at night, an operator comes by with a remote and the Urilift hydraulically lifts to sidewalk level in about two minutes
JESUS FREAKING CHRIST.

I mean, 75k on a toilet... fine, whatever. Fine.

But THEN, you add a freaking human being to come by and hit a button.
When you could have done that with a timer.

Wow. Amazing.

Do I get an automatic 'shaker'?

Funny stuff. :p

Bucko
03-13-2007, 09:56 AM
When you could have done that with a timer.

Not really. Imagine the lawsuit if there was a car on top, or some other person somehow injured themselves as it came up.
Same as when it goes down. A person trapped in there for a day would not be a happy camper...

AJ@PR
03-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Not really. Imagine the lawsuit if there was a car on top, or some other person somehow injured themselves as it came up.
Same as when it goes down. A person trapped in there for a day would not be a happy camper...

Hadn't thinked about that...

But thinking about it...
Safety measures can be designed.

Sensors.
Buttons.
etc.

:) :)

d_stilgar
03-13-2007, 12:45 PM
On the topic of pop up toilets, the second clip will interest us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idmY3xeB0J0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi6pWITEvxk

xRyokenx
03-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Aww, man... that's hysterical and highly unfun for the person involved... the Japanese really know how to make game shows, unlike here... it would be great if I knew what the guy was saying...

It's a wonder that that's legal...

Spawn-Inc
03-13-2007, 01:36 PM

if it were set to some kind of auto mode then there would be a pressure plate so if a car was on top then it wouldn't open. also i would image a flashing light wold rase up first tow arm people that its about to raise. and the same for closing there is/would be 3 pressure plates in each stall so it wouldn't close until empty and flashing lights would warn people again when it goes down. but that would suck major if that thing closed on you....

On the topic of pop up toilets, the second clip will interest us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idmY3xeB0J0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi6pWITEvxk

haah that one guy who holds on to the chair is the best...

progbuddy
03-13-2007, 03:56 PM
This has to be the most OT thread I've ever seen.

Drew
03-14-2007, 07:52 AM
I love off topic.

'Aint peeing in a bush illegal?

I know the law is just a guideline, but I thought I'd point it out.....

And it'd be me who got stuck in that thing. It's my luck :(

GT40_GearHead
03-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Aint peeing in a bush illegal

f#ck that ****, I ain't gonna wet my pants cause i cant find a damn public toilet! :D

AJ@PR
03-14-2007, 12:04 PM
f#ck that ****, I ain't gonna wet my pants cause i cant find a damn public toilet! :D

Isn't a bush, by definition, a public toilet?

Ooops... :? :?

Airbozo
03-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Isn't a bush, by definition, a public toilet?

Ooops... :? :?

No, you are thinking of it's offspring "shrub".

hehe

Nick_Black
03-14-2007, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't mind peeing on bush... oh wait, you ment the plant thing... sorry :p

Aero
03-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Only in AMERICA would a lawsuit like that actually be successful... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Other countries in the world, expect their citizens to have at least a SHRED of common sense..

-Jeremy

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

GT40_GearHead
03-15-2007, 09:57 AM
bloody hell, Aero ... !!!

+rep mate