PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 vs PS3

SSGM4DCOW
03-13-2007, 11:23 PM
which do you think is better.
i personally like the 360 BC of its price and better games so far.
besides the ps3 may have a better graphics card.
but the xbox games kill the playstation games by far...
halo,gears... no contest lol

Silenced_Coyote
03-14-2007, 12:03 AM
The ONLY thing that I like about the PS3 is that I heard their online service will be free.

Other than that, I love the Xbox 360.

d_stilgar
03-14-2007, 01:34 AM
The PS3 online stuff is awful. You have to say "yes" a million times and confirm everything twice before anything ever downloads.

I would buy a 360 over a PS3 any day. If I was going to be given one of the two, I would go with the PS3 for blu-ray. I could then buy the 360 (since it is cheaper) and have both formats of HD for movies.

Slug Toy
03-14-2007, 06:01 AM
i have to say that even though i dont own either, i love the 360 so far. in the beginning, i wasnt a huge fan, but now that there are some KILLER games out, i get the distinct feeling im going to buy one this summer.

the three biggest reasons for me liking the 360:

-everything halo even though theres plenty of jerks online
-gears of war, awesome tactical game
-crackdown, almost comic-esque graphics, the insane game play of GTA but even better, and beta halo 3 maps!

Ticien
03-14-2007, 08:08 AM
I know Im going to get shot for this but I like the PS3 better. It does have less games, most of which are crap, but IMHO has more potential than the 360. It is hard to really compare the two since PS3 has only been out for a handful of months, but the 360 has over a year under its belt to pump out games. As far as price goes...well...the system is cheaper. but if youre going to compare it to the capability of the PS3 add in the cost of the HD-DVD add on drive and the Wireless internet adapter...theres your 600 bucks. and then you have to pay for xbox live as well. Neither system is perfect, and with the HALO franchise behind it, Xbox draws in a big crowd. But I can see the PS3 blowing it away in the long run. Overall I have to say I prefer that. They both have advantages though. My rule of thumb:

RPG: Playstation

FPS: Xbox(although I do really like Resistance on PS3, but Xbox has way more FPS games which are on par or better)

Party games: Nintendo

I think it is pretty hard to argue with that breakdown, and I am a die hard fan of RPGs over FPS games. Just my 2c

AJ@PR
03-14-2007, 09:58 AM
xBox! 360! ! ! !!!!

w00t w00t

360 man... no contest.
xBox

Screw Sony and their PS3

d_stilgar
03-14-2007, 11:15 AM
I know Im going to get shot for this but I like the PS3 better.

FPS: Xbox(although I do really like Resistance on PS3, but Xbox has way more FPS games which are on par or better)

I think it is pretty hard to argue with that breakdown, and I am a die hard fan of RPGs over FPS games. Just my 2c

It's good to have your own opinion, so no way I'm going to shoot you for liking the PS3 better.

In your breakdown, I pretty much agree. Nintendo has some franchise stuff that breaks the "party" mold quite a bit, but for the most part the Nintendo appeal to some is that you do not have to invest 40+ hours into a game to feel you've gotten your money out of it. You can sit and play for a minute.

PS3 has a long way to go to catch up. The Wii is kicking its butt (over 430,000 Wiis shipped in January), which sounds good to a fanboy like me, but at the same time, The PS3 will have its place in the gaming community.

The 360 is a very good machine. There were a lot of complaints about it though during the first few months of its release. I think we should keep that in mind with the PS3 as well.

Monsterbox
03-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Given only the two of them, I have to go with the 360, hands down. So far the only things I've seen about the PS3 that look even remotely interesting are Assassins Creed and MGS4. Now, Assassins is no longer exclusive and there are rumors that MGS4 might get a port as well. So, where does that leave Sony? The Squenix fanboys will still buy the PS3 for the sole reason of Final Fantasy, but for me personally the last great FF installment was #6. Last of the 2D era. None of the storylines have even come close to FF6. <Tangent over I promise. lol>

Anyway, PS3 online is free and you get exactly what you pay for. Nothing. PS3 online is absolute crap. I'll bite the bullet and pay $50 a year for Live! and get my money's worth out of the system. Works out to about a dollar a week, which I can part with for the superior service.

Plus in terms of software, you've got Gears of War, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Crackdown, Blue Dragon, Viva Pinata (you'll laugh till you play, amazing game), plus a ton of others I could go on and on about. The software lead is a huge thing in the 360s favor at this juncture. Sony needs to put out a lot of really kick-ass games in the near future if they want any hope of catching up anytime soon.

Then again, we are in the early stages, so counting Sony out now would be foolish. However, right now, the 360 is worth the money and the PS3 is not. With the exception of a few people, a Bluray player is unnecessary until the format war has been won.

Spawn-Inc
03-14-2007, 03:09 PM
which do you think is better.
i personally like the 360 BC of its price and better games so far.
besides the ps3 may have a better graphics card.
but the xbox games kill the playstation games by far...
halo,gears... no contest lol

to that i saw HA! right now 360 is better than ps3 becuase ps3 has no games. once FFXIII and GT5 and Resident Evil 5 (will also come out for 360 so i guess i shouldn't count) come out it will become alot better. the ps3 shouldn't have come out for this christmas. it should come out next so they have time to test and fix all there problems. also i don't like halo... yes i said i DON'T like it. go ahead try and kill me but i turned on invincibility. the reason i don't like it is becuase when xbox first came out i found out those assholes bought out RARE. so innevitably perfect dark was going to come out for xbox, so i hated xbox and still do.

this is a really true and good statment. though i would change a couple of things.

RPG, FPS: Playstation

Party games, mario,zelda smash bros etc.: Nintendo

owning only 1/3 systems, Wii, for now i like it the best. once i can start making more money then i will probably pick up a 360 and later a ps3.

so right now i will say 1st = Wii, 2nd = 360, 3rd ps3

Monsterbox
03-14-2007, 03:20 PM
also i don't like halo... yes i said i DON'T like it. go ahead try and kill me but i turned on invincibility. the reason i don't like it is becuase when xbox first came out i found out those assholes bought out RARE. so innevitably perfect dark was going to come out for xbox, so i hated xbox and still do.
How about you just not like Halo because it's only a mediocre game? I've played Halo with my friends and at tournaments for LAN parties, but it is far from the "best FPS eva!!" that people like to tout it as. It's a good Shooter and it is fun to play the campaign co-op, but beyond that it's pretty meh... What impressed me most about the series was the matchmaking system in Halo 2. That thing was beyond revolutionary. I wish they'd used that as the model for all competitive online games on the 360.

But yeah, you're not alone on thinking Halo is over-rated.

Ronyx
03-15-2007, 02:59 AM
The PS3 online stuff is awful. You have to say "yes" a million times and confirm everything twice before anything ever downloads.

Are you sure you're not talking about a PC? Lolz all jokes aside I'm an Xbox 360 guy. It's purdy, it's great, it's got awesome features (hook it up to a PC or iPod and sync it) and it's got GREAT games.

*cough Gears of War cough*

LiTHiUM0XiD3
03-15-2007, 03:03 AM
lolz ive both seen and played on both..... the PS3 has finaly updated to havin triggers on their controllers which is a great thing..... but that kinda like havin new pedal plates on a K car lolz the shiny chrome aint gunna do **** for performance.... and the PS3 has major heat issues....oh and boot failures.... oh and i forgot but it dont support alota PS2 and PS1 games lolz
this kinda points to peice of **** to me...
last time i played it ... it took 3 boots for the thing to actualy get into the game... and then in the menu it froze..... can we say POS?? yeah sure nice and shiny...... but even if ya buff it up and make it look pretty its still crap.... thnx but i would rather get a 360 and buy a blu ray player seperatly lolz

simon275
03-15-2007, 06:13 AM
My personal pros and cons for each after having played with each system

360:
Pros
Cheaper than PS3
More games than PS3
Bigger community than PS3
HD DVD

Cons
No as powerful as PS3

PS3:
Pros
More powerful then 360
Bigger HDD
Comes with cardboard box which can keep small children entertained longer
Play Station controller layout.
Blu Ray

Cons
To expensive
Not as many games

Wii:
Pros
Cheap
The controllers
The range of games

Cons
Graphics look dated
RSI

AJ@PR
03-15-2007, 03:14 PM
This is purely for discussion, and not to start a flame-war...

But.... does anybody have links regarding the processors of the PS3 and the 360?

It strikes me as odd that you guys say the PS3 is more powerful, because, from what I understand (I'm not a Sony/MS engineer), the 360 has 3 procs.... pretty hefty.

The PS3 has three 'Cell' processors.... which, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they like... 3-4 to 5 years old?

sirkillalot617
03-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Id love to be able to afford a 360 but i cant id love to play gears of war.

AJ@PR
03-15-2007, 04:40 PM
Id love to be able to afford a 360 but i cant id love to play gears of war.
Gears of War, although very cool, is over-rated IMHO.

I haven't bought the 360 yet...
I still have my plain old xBox... and Halo2.

I saw Gears of War... not enough to buy the 360.
I saw Lost Planet... not enough to buy the 360.

When Halo3 comes out... by God-All-Mighty, I'll buy the 360.

sirkillalot617
03-15-2007, 04:46 PM
MMM I wonder if theres away to build an xbox 360:think:

I havent played halo either:(

The only thing I have is a ps2.

d_stilgar
03-15-2007, 05:07 PM
I've got the Wii and most of their previous consoles, an XBox, and a PS2. All I use the PS2 for is DDR. I really need to go and buy some RPGs. I really would like to get Kingdom Hearts, and the Ratchet and Clank series. The Xbox is my little brother's and I never even touch the thing. I am very much a Nintendo fan. For whatever reason, that company makes me feel at home.

Redundant
03-15-2007, 06:26 PM
But.... does anybody have links regarding the processors of the PS3 and the 360?

Chedabob wrote a good post (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59690&postcount=20) on this.

I haven't any consoles but, from what I have seen, the Xbox 360 is what I will get. Also, because it's made by Microsoft, it'll connect to Media Center which is plus. They should be updating the 360 with 65nm processors soon and then I'll buy it.

I've only played the Halo trial and it has gotten me to love that game! The previews from Halo 3 look awesome too.

EDIT: I just noticed how weird my writing sounds. lol

simon275
03-15-2007, 09:26 PM
When Halo3 comes out... by God-All-Mighty, I'll buy the 360.

Yeah when Halo3 comes around and if Sony hasn't smartened up its game with the PS3 I will get me an Xbox360 (If i have enough mulla)

Slug Toy
03-15-2007, 10:40 PM
What impressed me most about the series was the matchmaking system in Halo 2.

honestly, the matchmaking really sucks as far as im concerned. the maps and game types are way too repetitive, and bungie went and scrapped quite a few of the good combinations. even the people you get matched with is hit and miss. more often than not you get paired with idiots, or the other team is way too good for you to even stand a chance unless you're completely hardcore.

the rest of the game... WAS good. i still like it because a part of me is still hooked of the clan wars of halo trial on pc. i used to be real good on there.

interesting side note. i heard from a friend of mine who is still in the halo clan scene and in the know about halo 2 pc. rumor has it that halo 2 pc is going to use an online mode like xbox live. you pay for gold accounts, but silver accounts are free. not only that, but pc players can play with xbox players. even further, theres a big underground movement to port the original halo maps to halo 2 and bring back the old weapons. and the icing on the cake is that the map editor is apparently going to be really powerful and built in this time.

Gears of War, although very cool, is over-rated IMHO.

id say this depends on what aspect you're talking about. in terms of graphics, im super impressed. in terms of cool things that i havent seen done before, im also impressed (running water, the sheer random gore).

in terms of gameplay, its also very good at what it was meant to force you to do. strategy is the main theme. any maneuvers, like flanking or cover fire, are really effective, and you really have to start thinking in 3 dimensions even before you start fighting... or else you get flanked and mutilated.

the one thing the game is lacking is interesting maps. they're all too symmetrical, and it gets boring after a while. if some good complex yet balanced maps come out, things should get better. they just arent hitting that sweet spot yet.

overall, theres tons of stuff to make me want to buy a 360, but i want to wait until the 65nm refresh too, or the remote possibility of a price drop although its not likely. if either one of those things happened tomorrow, id buy one tomorrow.

Spawn-Inc
03-16-2007, 01:02 AM
I've got the Wii and most of their previous consoles, an XBox, and a PS2. All I use the PS2 for is DDR. I really need to go and buy some RPGs. I really would like to get Kingdom Hearts, and the Ratchet and Clank series. The Xbox is my little brother's and I never even touch the thing. I am very much a Nintendo fan. For whatever reason, that company makes me feel at home.

Yes nintendo rules! as for you ps2 i highly reccomend final fantasy X, X-2, XII also resident evil 4, not an rpg but thee best game for gamecube.
gotta love when your head gets cut off.
http://inlinethumb36.webshots.com/2147/2378344050100511463S600x600Q85.jpg
i have all Resident evil's for gamecube NSTC. NOTE: RE 0 is on the other side of the bed
http://inlinethumb26.webshots.com/2137/2034500790100511463S600x600Q85.jpg
ps2, gamecube chainsaw controllers and resident evil 4 collecters tin.
http://inlinethumb54.webshots.com/2165/2300346010100511463S600x600Q85.jpg

Ticien
03-16-2007, 10:44 AM
LOL I have that chainsaw controller too...that thing is great!

Aaaanyways...First of all the HALO games cannot be applied to any opinion regarding the 360, solely because well...there isnt a halo game for the 360 until Halo 3 is out. Remember they were both made for the original Xbox. To the person who said they have problems booting: Mine has not had a single issue...did you get a defective one maybe? (not being a jerk just pondering). Aside from that you also said that lots of the ps1 and ps2 games dont work. This is not true. SOME don't work, but the only ones so far that I have come across in my experience are games such as guitar hero which use the special controllers.. Im sure there are a few more, but XBox 360 has the same problem? Plus they use crummy software emulation that lags the games...maybe they fixed this but I have lots of friends who play halo2 on the 360 and there is a small delay no matter what you do. Every system has issues when it is released, and the more complex they get the more problems they will have.

I put my opinions on the different types of games on the first page, because I think that it is unfair to compare the systems at this point. (actually maybe at all, the companies that make them cater to different demographics. Except sports games.) if you compare the ps3 now, you can only fairly compare it to the 360 after its first 6 mos or so...you know when people were hanging their power cables in the air because the little box was overheating constantly? does anyone remember these things? The 360 had no really impressive games for a long time. (They definitely had more than the PS3 does now, but not enough to make me want to own a 360). As with all new systems it will take them some time to be able to figure out how to fully utilize the PS3's graphics capability to its full potential. 360 had this too. Games coming out now look more polished than they did in the beginning. And will continue to look better in the future, but I think when the Playstation starts to pick up the slack and they get some good titles out, when we see them consistently pumping out some of those games in 1080p, then it might be worth its price tag (I know its expensive, I own one). If you want to make a fair comparison compare it to the Wii, they came out within a week of eachother. (Wii wins that one btw). Sony is struggling with this product, but I think they will pull through and deliver. Eventually. Until then, well, i still like it better than Xbox.

Except that sonic game. that was trash. i cant even beat the first level.

AJ@PR
03-16-2007, 02:58 PM
I think there's an interesting point here... regarding me...

I don't play video games.
I play Halo2 online, and that's it.

Games I own::: PGR, PGR2, Forza, Halo, and Halo2.
That. Is. It.

Of those games, Halo2 is the only one I play.
I'm not really that big of a gamer...

That's the reason PS3 is a non-issue for me.

Again, when Halo3 comes out, the 360 is coming home, no questions asked.

As to the matchmaking, I can't relate to comparisons with other games.
To me, it's pretty good.

Yeah, many times it sucks... many times you get stuck with morons and freaking modders.

But, other than that, I like it.
Works for me.

Sony and the PS3... I just hate Sony.
And, excuse me while I go off on a rant, but what the HELL WAS KILLZONE ABOUT?

I remember my PS2-moronic friends were all like "KillZone will woop Halo2's ass man! KillZone! KillZone!.

And I knew this was bull just be the hardware.
xBox vs PS2... there's NO comparison.

So when I finally went to his house, and they were playing KillZone... I remember thinking:::
That's it? This is the piece of crap that's supposed to tickle Halo? IT DOESN"T EVEN COMPARE TO HALO 1 !!!! Let alone Halo2! WTF???.

AWFUL!

The graphics... FLAT TREES!!! FLAT I TELL YA'!!!
The sounds... Halo2 has 5.1 that WORKS!
KillZone, a dying dude 300 yards away would sound the same as a guy dying 3 feet away.

Lord...
I think Sony users are like MacFanBoys.
Lame.

That's just my rant. :) :)

Love to all!

SSGM4DCOW
03-16-2007, 04:06 PM
360:
Pros
Cheaper than PS3
More games than PS3
Bigger community than PS3
HD DVD

Cons
No as powerful as PS3

PS3:
Pros
More powerful then 360
Blue Ray
RSI

alriht Yes the PS3 does have a better grphics card but not by alandslide. And consider this... A 360 has 2 Graphics cards in it. it has always had the power to compete with the graphics of a PS3 but without competition,it had no reason to put that much effort into it. but as you saw the minite the 360 had a challenge it kiked the opponents butt(gears vs resistance) Gears of war took the PS3s show offy graphics and proved that it could compete with them with graphics AND playability. Yes the Ps3 does have BlueRay but come on do you really wanna pay 600 bucks for somethin that will proly be obselete in a year or two. WASTED MONEY.........

SSGM4DCOW
03-16-2007, 04:10 PM
And if any of you guys complain about the load times for games on 360 compared to the PS3 think about the ****ing thing... the PS3 takes a long time to save like half the disk to the hardrive while the 360 plays straight off the disk.
and for Gears the 360 has to reload all of the bodies and organs from the last round back onto the map so for the load times its understandable.

AJ@PR
03-16-2007, 04:24 PM
and for Gears the 360 has to reload all of the bodies and organs from the last round back onto the map

That is a great quote man... gonna put it up on Messenger.

Spawn-Inc
03-16-2007, 07:37 PM
I remember my PS2-moronic friends were all like "KillZone will woop Halo2's ass man! KillZone! KillZone!.

And I knew this was bull just be the hardware.
xBox vs PS2... there's NO comparison.

So when I finally went to his house, and they were playing KillZone... I remember thinking:::
That's it? This is the piece of crap that's supposed to tickle Halo? IT DOESN"T EVEN COMPARE TO HALO 1 !!!! Let alone Halo2! WTF???

well first off halo sucks. secondly even though i hate halo i think its better than killzone, i haven't played halo but killzone to me was never that big. it was just another game. killzone if fun with cheats and abit of multiplayer but thats all. i would give it 7/10. as for "xBox vs PS2... there's NO comparison." assuming your saying ****box is better then your sadly wrong. ps2 pwns that giant box of crap.

SSGM4DCOW
03-16-2007, 07:46 PM
well first off halo sucks. secondly even though i hate halo i think its better than killzone, i haven't played halo

Dude seriously how can you say a cirtain game sucks without even playing it.

Redundant
03-16-2007, 08:02 PM
well first off halo sucks. secondly even though i hate halo i think its better than killzone, i haven't played halo but killzone to me was never that big. it was just another game. killzone if fun with cheats and abit of multiplayer but thats all. i would give it 7/10. as for "xBox vs PS2... there's NO comparison." assuming your saying ****box is better then your sadly wrong. ps2 pwns that giant box of crap.
Do have any real reasons why you hate Halo? It seems to me that you just don't like it's storyline. IMO, the Halo storyline is excellent and is going to have a very epic ending in Halo 3. BTW, there's supposed to be a Halo movie next year. 8)

You really don't know what you're talking about with the 360 & PS2. Even if there were _no_ games for the 360, it would still be useful as a media center PC while a PS2 can't do much outside of games. Besides the 360's better features, it has games that actually look _REAL_; not some Saturday morning cartoon. (If you need help seeing the difference, try using a TV bigger than 10". lol)

Spawn-Inc
03-16-2007, 11:51 PM
Dude seriously how can you say a cirtain game sucks without even playing it.

beucase i can! well rather then say it sucks i will say i don't like it.

Do have any real reasons why you hate Halo? It seems to me that you just don't like it's storyline. IMO, the Halo storyline is excellent and is going to have a very epic ending in Halo 3. BTW, there's supposed to be a Halo movie next year. 8)

You really don't know what you're talking about with the 360 & PS2. Even if there were _no_ games for the 360, it would still be useful as a media center PC while a PS2 can't do much outside of games. Besides the 360's better features, it has games that actually look _REAL_; not some Saturday morning cartoon. (If you need help seeing the difference, try using a TV bigger than 10". lol)

no no no i meant the old xbox. the 360 is way better than ps2... and the only reason i don't like halo is beucase microsoft bought out rare and i wanted the next perfect dark for gamecube not xbox. so i never really even gave it a look,try, or thought. i just 100% boycot the old xbox. the but the new xbox i like.

SSGM4DCOW
03-17-2007, 05:17 PM
the only reason i don't like halo is beucase microsoft bought out rare and i wanted the next perfect dark for gamecube not xbox
first of all you because is not spelled beucse lol (sorry i had to)
and next halo was created by bungie. so because a company bought out rare you boycotted a game created by another company.

Redundant
03-17-2007, 06:08 PM
and next halo was created by bungie. so because a company bought out rare you boycotted a game created by another company.
I was wondering about that too. I was thinking "what's rare?...the Halo games? they're not that hard to find..." :p

AJ@PR, I found another link to the 360 vs. PS3 on Anandtech. (http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2453)

Spawn-Inc
03-17-2007, 06:42 PM
first of all you because is not spelled beucse lol (sorry i had to)

ha yes my brain types faster than my hands can keep up. also i suck at spelling. i thought halo was made by microsoft.... hmm learn something new everyday. and i was more so boycotting the xbox than the games. so all the games that came out for it i just automatically said i don't like them.

I was wondering about that too. I was thinking "what's rare?...the Halo games? they're not that hard to find..." :p

AJ@PR, I found another link to the 360 vs. PS3 on Anandtech. (http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2453)

RARE is the company that made Perfect dark and donkey kong and what not.
http://www.infendo.com/RarewareLogo.jpg

and here is a youtube clip :)

ErDPlEqDnOk

crazzyyredneck
03-18-2007, 01:07 PM
I love the 360 just because of the fact I love xbox live and the online community. PS3 doesnt have the community that XBL has and probably never will. Although I will admit that I wish XBL was free. PS3 graphics to me, look the exact same on HD TV's. 360 hasnt had many games that Look as good, But later in the future now that microsoft has compettion then I'm sure there will far better graphics. I hate how the PS3 Looks, looks like an old ass PC from 1981 in my opinion. Yes Blu-Ray is nice, but I think its out of control how much it costs. HD-DVD is nice but again same price. So this will be a battle to watch for. I've never liked the playstation type controllers they just arent comfortable to me. PS has always had RPG games and Strategy games more than FPS, Racing, and Sports(other than madden,NCAA,etc). 360 has been more into FPS, Racing, and certain sports. Which is probably the main reason I like the 360 more. Yes i know PS3 Is "supposed" to have good FPS games soon.......Keywords "Supposed" and "Soon". As far as bluetooth goes. I've had it on my phone, used it on PC's, laptops, and headsets, Its nice I will admit, even in the PS3. So personally i think 360 is better. BUT this is like a chevy trucks vs ford trucks.....Just never ends. But some people like me perfer dodge...Dodge is the PC, I Love PC gaming, just seems a hell of a lot more fun to me.:D

Redundant
03-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Then what are Toyota Tundras? lol Ford rulez. ;)

But seriously, having the PS3 as expensive as it is will draw away younger customers even if there is better hardware. How many kids are going to use it's flash card reader? By the time Sony uses bluray in games, MS will have a new version of the Xbox out with (probably) HDDVD. And, by that time, blue laser diodes will have come down in price enough so MS will lose less money on the next Xbox compared to how much Snoy lost on the Blu-ray.

The PS3 looks like a George Forman grill too. :D

(AJ, I found your comment hilarious so I'd like to use it as my sig.)

crazzyyredneck
03-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Exactly Redundant, why would anybody NEED to use the flash reader? I'm 100% sure I most likely never will. And i never thought of it but yeah it does look like the foreman grill lmao. Toyota would be gameboys lol.

Guardian
03-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Alright well I hate to be a know-it-all but I love Systems, However for the last 6 months I've been a PC gamer.

The 360 Vrs ps3. PS3 has a beefed up 7950. The 360 has a beefed up 1900xtx. The ps3 has a little lead but barley any, and no game has took advantage of it yet, and probabley wont for the next 6 months or so. We've seen alot of top line preformance formt eh 360 when gears of war came out, and hell, they where some pretty good ****. So AT THE MOMENT the 360 has lead, until some game can accually sue hte potenciel of the video card in the ps3, 360 has the edge.

As for games, no compitition. Titles like Gears of war and halo 3 make the 360 dominent, and alot of titles that are exclusive, such as forza, Project gotham, and ofcourse the Halo series. And one of Sony's most prime games, Grand theft auto 4 is going to be availble on the 360. Xbox 360 plays roughly 80% of the original Xbox games. The ps3 plays not even half of the ps2 games. So the 360 has the edge in games.

Online service, while sony remains free, it doesnt have 1/4 of the sucscribers to Xbox live. Sure its $50 year, and sure you gotta cancel you're credit card with the bastards, but theres nothing like kicking someones ass on xbox live in halo 2. sonys service is free, but, not alot of people use it.

Price wise..... don't ask.

I really cannot see any advanmtages to a PS3. Might aswell start saving now for the 360.

SSGM4DCOW
03-18-2007, 05:20 PM
exactly the PS3 is horrible with price and appeal. i willl always go with microsoft on this.. the 360 and PC. will allways beat a PS3 in my mind. And yes the PS3 does look like a george forman grill lol. Gears and Halo 3 will wipe PS3 out of the park. and seriously very few ppl will use the flash reader to have a need to put it into the thing. all it is ther for is somethin to add to beef up the price they could have sold that as an add on or somethin so the ppl that would actually use it could get it themselves. i see no use in it. the PSP hookup thing is kool but lets face it. is it worth 600$? Hell NO. the 360s online will always be better than PS3s and if you think about it. the50$ stops ppl from making 50 accounts to cheat with. Yea halo 2 had the best matchmaking system i just wish they had dedicated servers but thats somethin that halo 3 will fix. the ps3 will probably have ppl cheating and when they get baned they will go get a new account.

The 360s achievements score also adds a since of accomplishment for doing cirtain things in games. the PS3 gives you what? an hour wait to save half the ****ing disk to the thing B4 you actually get the play the game. sounds like a waste of time to me. when i play games i wanna play them right then not an hour later.....

Spawn-Inc
03-19-2007, 01:07 AM
the flash reader is for saving and backing up games... at least for the wii anyway. and while this xbox 360 vs. ps3 battle goes on the wii is pwning both! if sony can fix the online stuff and bring the price down soon. then it will start to look alot better. if they can shot out tons of games like the ps2 then it will catch on enventually but like i said before (i think...) the ps3 has come out to early they should have waited until 2007 christmas, or started working on it a year earlier. once god of war 3, FFXIII, GT5, socom and other exclusive titles start coming out it will start to catch on. the main thing is for them to fix the online and price, and yes maybe a redesign so its not a grill/gaming station.

luciusad2004
03-19-2007, 02:10 AM
Certain people have been mentioning the flash reader ability. I personally would love to see the 360 use flash cards instead of traditional proprietary memory cards. On the inside they are probably pretty similar but from a practical standpoint, the price difference is evident. Flash memory would be cheaper and i could use it on multiple platforms. Hell if they all supported similar memory i could purchase one large drive and use it for all of my systems. But i don't imagine the big companies would like that very much.

Dont get me wrong. I LOVE my 360 and im not mad at MS or anything. I realize they are a company and they are out to make money just like everyone else. There are just certain things i as a customer would like to see.

1. A hard drive on ALL current versions of the 360. I know it would raise the price of the core unit but if they included a hard drive then developers would be able to count on the user having one. In turn they would be able to use some sort of cache. Wouldn't this lead to improved performance? (faster load times, QUIETER DVD DRIVE!) Also use a more standard hard drive to lower the cost of that... i don't like getting 20 gigs for 100 dollars.

2. Wireless tech for third party manufactures. I know they want to keep the money to themselves but some people might not be able to afford the genuine Microsoft controllers. (honestly it doesn't mater to me since i haven't come across many 3rd party controllers i like so i doubt i would buy one any way... but it would be nice) On the plus side... at least you know your wireless controller wont be complete crap... like all the wireless gear that is usually put out for other systems by third party manufactures.

3.HDMI and DVI output. I want digital. I want to buy an LCD monitor for my 360 but i don't really want to buy a monitor that sports VGA. (i know i can get monitors that support both and its already in consideration)

4. Let me get more use out of my external Hard disk. If I'm going to be downloading all of your digital movies, let me save the to an external Terabyte hard drive set up. Please? If you really want to download high def movies off of xbox live they will fill up your hard drive pretty fast. It would also be nice to save other things on an external; game saves, arcade games, demos, music.

One last thing... not really a complaint but a general observation...
Does anyone think that the accessories of the 360 seam a little over-priced?

$100 Hard Drives (i know, i know, im sure they spent alot of time coming up with that plastic enclosure and the rearranged SATA connector.)
$100 wifi Adapter???

Thats about all i can think of at the moment. As i said before Im not angry with microsoft over this, its just features that i personally would like to have seen make it in to the 360. I can honestly say that i still love my 360 even if it isn't "perfect."

SSGM4DCOW
03-19-2007, 06:27 AM
if sony can fix the online stuff and bring the price down soon.
the problem about the price is that they cant drop it they got soo much **** in the PS3 that it costs bout 800$ to make one so they are already losing money. so they cant drop it anymore untill some of the parts in it get cheaper

$50 wireless mic (i cant really say anything about this for all i know it could be amazing quality which might explain the price, but i somehow doubt it)

dude yes tat mic has amazing connection lol.

luciusad2004
03-19-2007, 08:45 AM
dude yes tat mic has amazing connection lol.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I honestly wasn't sure. Ill edit my post.

Spawn-Inc
03-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Certain people have been mentioning the flash reader ability. I personally would love to see the 360 use flash cards instead of traditional proprietary memory cards. On the inside they are probably pretty similar but from a practical standpoint, the price difference is evident. Flash memory would be cheaper and i could use it on multiple platforms. Hell if they all supported similar memory i could purchase one large drive and use it for all of my systems. But i don't imagine the big companies would like that very much.

Dont get me wrong. I LOVE my 360 and im not mad at MS or anything. I realize they are a company and they are out to make money just like everyone else. There are just certain things i as a customer would like to see.

1. A hard drive on ALL current versions of the 360. I know it would raise the price of the core unit but if they included a hard drive then developers would be able to count on the user having one. In turn they would be able to use some sort of cache. Wouldn't this lead to improved performance? (faster load times, QUIETER DVD DRIVE!) Also use a more standard hard drive to lower the cost of that... i don't like getting 20 gigs for 100 dollars.

2. Wireless tech for third party manufactures. I know they want to keep the money to themselves but some people might not be able to afford the genuine Microsoft controllers. (honestly it doesn't mater to me since i haven't come across many 3rd party controllers i like so i doubt i would buy one any way... but it would be nice) On the plus side... at least you know your wireless controller wont be complete crap... like all the wireless gear that is usually put out for other systems by third party manufactures.

3.HDMI and DVI output. I want digital. I want to buy an LCD monitor for my 360 but i don't really want to buy a monitor that sports VGA. (i know i can get monitors that support both and its already in consideration)

4. Let me get more use out of my external Hard disk. If I'm going to be downloading all of your digital movies, let me save the to an external Terabyte hard drive set up. Please? If you really want to download high def movies off of xbox live they will fill up your hard drive pretty fast. It would also be nice to save other things on an external; game saves, arcade games, demos, music.

$100 Hard Drives (i know, i know, im sure they spent alot of time coming up with that plastic enclosure and the rearranged SATA connector.)
$100 wifi Adapter???

Thats about all i can think of at the moment. As i said before Im not angry with microsoft over this, its just features that i personally would like to have seen make it in to the 360. I can honestly say that i still love my 360 even if it isn't "perfect."

1. i agree, they should do it like ps3 20gb core and 60gb premium.

2. yes some third party places have junk products and some have good. i love originals, just the way i am... for my gamecube i have a madcats micro controller. i love how small it is. http://www.microcenter.com/image.phtml?id=0238168&sku=301325
as for crappy third party things, i got a A Sid battery pack for my wii. i charged it over night and it only lasted maybe 3 or 4 hours. it says it lasts 20 on a single charge, and 10 hours to charge every time.

3.no comment, well if i got lots of money i would get a nice 42" plasma from samsung and only samsung.

4.you can't back up your games??!? that seems stupid. have you tried that 360viewer program? i can't remember where i saw it from, it might have been here. but it looked like to me you could copy over all your stuff to your pc.

over priced accessories you say?? try that piece of crap ipod. but yes 100 for a remote is stupid. can a universal one work?! as for that sata conector my Vantec Nexstar 3 has that plug.
http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Articles/Sources/Vantec_NexStar3_NST-360SU-BK/Images/Vantec_NexStar3_SATA_cable.jpg

onelegout
03-19-2007, 05:03 PM
3.no comment, well if i got lots of money i would get a nice 42" plasma from samsung and only samsung.

You'd like my TV then! It's a 48" samsung plasma :D

Redundant
03-19-2007, 06:40 PM
the flash reader is for saving and backing up games... at least for the wii anyway.
The 360 and PS3 don't have any need for it as they save to the HDD. (with the exception of the 360 core bundle.) If you want to view pics or listen to music, just use a regular USB flash drive. It's larger so there's less of a chances of losing something so small.

Certain people have been mentioning the flash reader ability. I personally would love to see the 360 use flash cards instead of traditional proprietary memory cards. On the inside they are probably pretty similar but from a practical standpoint, the price difference is evident. Flash memory would be cheaper and i could use it on multiple platforms.

The reason MS doesn't use regular SD/MemoryStick flash cards is probably so it's harder for people to load game mods and homebrew software.

1. A hard drive on ALL current versions of the 360. I know it would raise the price of the core unit but if they included a hard drive then developers would be able to count on the user having one. In turn they would be able to use some sort of cache. Wouldn't this lead to improved performance? (faster load times, QUIETER DVD DRIVE!)

Well, this past December they changed the DVD drive to a quieter one (http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/06/xbox-360-finally-quiets-down-with-brand-new-internal-dvd-drive/), but faster load times are better.

Also use a more standard hard drive to lower the cost of that... i don't like getting 20 gigs for 100 dollars.

There are rumors of a (http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/07/80gb-xbox-360-drive-leaked-oh-and-the-hd-dvd-retail-box-too/) larger HDD (http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/20/microsoft-sez-100gb-xbox-360-hdd-is-not-official/) which would be a good idea on MS's part.

3.HDMI and DVI output. I want digital. I want to buy an LCD monitor for my 360 but i don't really want to buy a monitor that sports VGA.

Hopefully, when they change to 65nm processors (http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/05/the-second-xbox-360-revealed-codename-zephyr/), they'll also add in an HDMI port too (http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/06/zephyrs-hdmi-port-and-new-hana-scaler-up-close-and-personal/). What screen were you looking at to use with the 360? I'm considering buying an LCD TV (or just a monitor) to use with the 360 when I get one.

$100 wifi Adapter???

That seems to me the only screwup they did. The wireless should be built into the 360 with you only having to plug in an antenna. (if that even)

You'd like my TV then! It's a 48" Samsung plasma :D
Ah, but is it 1080p? lol

(splitting up those quotes took so long...:p)

luciusad2004
03-19-2007, 10:42 PM
The 360 and PS3 don't have any need for it as they save to the HDD. (with the exception of the 360 core bundle.) If you want to view pics or listen to music, just use a regular USB flash drive. It's larger so there's less of a chances of losing something so small. Thats a good point but the problem runs in to the fact that with the current size of the hard drive if you download a lot of content you wont be able to load it to your flash drive. The only option is to purchase one of those adapters for the 360 hard drive that lets you copy your files to the pc.

The reason MS doesn't use regular SD/MemoryStick flash cards is probably so it's harder for people to load game mods and home-brew software. Thats another great point. I never thought about that.

Well, this past December they changed the DVD drive to a quieter one (http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/06/xbox-360-finally-quiets-down-with-brand-new-internal-dvd-drive/), but faster load times are better.
I read about that, i was happy to hear about it, i haven't actually come across one of these quieter 360 but i'm interested in seeing how much of a difference it makes.

Hopefully, when they change to 65nm processors (http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/05/the-second-xbox-360-revealed-codename-zephyr/), they'll also add in an HDMI port too (http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/06/zephyrs-hdmi-port-and-new-hana-scaler-up-close-and-personal/). What screen were you looking at to use with the 360? I'm considering buying an LCD TV (or just a monitor) to use with the 360 when I get one.

Its not really THAT big of a deal to me i just think that if they are going to try to pass this off as the ultimate digital media hub they should at least have taken the time to include HDMI. As far as what monitor im looking at... it wont be for a while. I have to get some money first and there are some other things that i need to purchase before i can start thinking about spare monitors.

You made some great points.

Redundant
03-20-2007, 03:23 PM
Well guess what, THEY FINALLY DID IT!

There is going to be a new version of the 360 Called the Xbox 360 Elite (http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/20/xbox-360-elite-new-black-limited-edition-xbox-with-hdmi-and-120gb-drive/). It'll have your HDMI and your wanted larger HDD. Did I mention it's 120gb!? Twice that of the PS3!

I think this deserves a new thread so I'll happily make one.

EDIT: Link to the new thread I made! (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7105)

luciusad2004
03-20-2007, 04:41 PM
I don't know if i should smile or cry. Smile because it's actually coming out, or cry because i just got my 360 for Christmas and will never be able to afford this. (id also feel bad buying a new 360 after my mom went through so much to get me the on i have)

I'll also wait till i here some sort of confirmation from Microsoft before i get TOOO excited.