PDA

View Full Version : MTV2 Video Mods

MisterChief
06-17-2005, 10:48 PM
I just saw a commercial on MTV2 for the new video mods, and I was just in awe. HL2 players are gonna love this: They will be previewing an action movie made with, you got it, HL2!:eek: Apparently, the creators have dubbed this type of mod "Machinima" or something like that. I just can't believe something like that hasn't been done before. and I have to say the commercial got my blood pumping. It looks absolutly fantastic! I'll update this thread with the date if I hear the commercial again. Scan MTV2 for the commercial

Xato
06-17-2005, 11:05 PM
Machinima Has been around for quite some time... The most obvious and recognised of which is Red vs Blue. One which was an actual movie, was based on the game Anarchonox, which i found quite entertaining, though the engine could have used some work. And after having attempted making a Machinima movie with some friends over the net, i know how hard the process can be.

MisterChief
06-17-2005, 11:15 PM
Machinima Has been around for quite some time... The most obvious and recognised of which is Red vs Blue. One which was an actual movie, was based on the game Anarchonox, which i found quite entertaining, though the engine could have used some work. And after having attempted making a Machinima movie with some friends over the net, i know how hard the process can be.

Ah, I see. I just didn't know the term for that type of "mod".

ZeD
06-18-2005, 03:07 AM
Mashugina?