PDA

View Full Version : Positioning radiator?

Hawkeye313
06-17-2005, 11:41 PM
Around Christmas I bought a Swiftech watercooling kit. It came w/ a radiator that used two 120 mm fans, and I was unable to find a way to use it w/ my case. I'm currently using a dual 80mm setup. I have since seen setups that put the radiator on the top of the case. My kit came w/ this "H" shaped valve setup used to fill the system, and according to the instructions this was supposed to be at the hightest point in the case. If you don't put your fill point at the highest point of the case what problems arise? I'm thinking it must be a problem w/ getting the air out of the lines. Is that all there is to it, and if so what should I know. I'd really like to be able to use the original radiator w/ my next case. :( Also what do you guys think about the valve setup I have? Is using a reservoir a better way to go, or no?

Frakk
06-18-2005, 12:12 AM
you can put the radiator on top or basicly anywhere it gets fresh air through it. I would use a T line for refilling, reservoirs cost too much and the T line works just fine. you dont have to put it on top, however on the T you should have a vertical segment of tubing going above the radiator, as long as you can pour water to the highest point, it will work.

ZeD
06-18-2005, 03:09 AM
if you mount it vertically, make sure the barbs are at the top, certain rads have issues with the barbs on the bottem

Hawkeye313
06-18-2005, 08:27 PM
How does a T line work?

Frakk
06-18-2005, 10:01 PM
do a search on the forum or on google and soon you will know

Xato
06-19-2005, 12:34 AM
Frakk's watercooled... he knows.