PDA

View Full Version : Hardware Reviews

FX
06-18-2005, 01:43 AM
What kind of reviews would you like to see more of on the website?

ZeD
06-18-2005, 03:12 AM
remember guys, you can choose more than one, this is a multiple choice quiz

Xato
06-18-2005, 06:34 AM
Wippuh's such a hippie.

MrSlacker
06-18-2005, 10:52 AM
i'd like to see all hardware reviews: CPU, mobo, RAM, Cases, Cooling, Accessories, Monitors. This website is about modding and hardware so you should focus on these things. May be do a different spray paint shoot-out. Other electronics such as digital cameras and MP3 players have their own dedictated review websites where most people go for reviews. For example, when i look for a new digital camera, the only reviews i look at are from www.dpreview.com www.dcresource.com and www.steves-digicams.com

public_eyesore
06-22-2005, 10:17 PM
i say hardware and tools and paint

Xato
06-23-2005, 01:30 AM
gotta have mod gear though...
Though modgear can be considered a 'tool' of the modder.

Malatory
06-23-2005, 11:24 AM
I would say cases and modding Accessories.. As they tend to go together really well :).

Does this slick new LED go with my case? or Does it make my case fans look fat ??

Xato
06-23-2005, 11:54 PM
That was very, very, scary.

Xbrid
06-24-2005, 01:45 AM
lol. that is just stupid

Dante
06-24-2005, 05:16 PM
So you guys want to see me do more reviews about modding accessories? You guys are way more boring than I thought. I mean come on....how much can you really write about a CCFL? or LED screws?. "The CCFL light was blue...it shined bright. I had a really easy time plugging in the molex connectors......blah, blah, blah." BORING

The tools I can see, I can talk about how they are used and whatnot. But reviewing case fans and lights....are you serious?

Frakk
06-24-2005, 05:58 PM
I think you should review everything thats modding related. that includes coolers wit fans, cases, tools, slim drives and small form factor components and cases, watercooling, lighting(yes even ccfls can be reviewed for their quality, true colour and their inverters)

Xbrid
06-24-2005, 11:10 PM
do reviews on mdding parts as either roundups or mass reviews. ie one article on 5-6 parts

Malatory
06-24-2005, 11:39 PM
I still would like to see things on " Modding parts and accessories ". But I really would like to see more how to / ideas put in action to create something new. Maybe focus on something that CrimsonSky has done, but break it out a little more. Technics on doing something on the lines of ART.

Examples:
1) The Power Bridge (in the Doom 3) that brings the power down to the lower section for the hard drives.
2) Painting Tips (More than watch for this ... make sure the temp out side is right) Dry Brushing / inking . Steps in taking a rock that is painted with red to one that has the details and looks like some thing you would find on the streets.
3) LCD/VFD screens.
4) The fettus from the matrix mod.

Paul has done some things that look really good and make alot of people thing .. why didn't I think of that. I think if we can open the creativity more outside of the main stream modding, things will contune to grow.

(OK so some of my jokes are bad - Oh well I will keep my day job) :p

Frakk
06-25-2005, 02:12 AM
they wouldnt be reviews, rather giudes or how-to's but nevertheless i cannot agree more, those guides would be real good for everyone.

Xbrid
06-25-2005, 03:57 AM
they wouldnt be reviews, rather giudes or how-to's but nevertheless i cannot agree more, those guides would be real good for everyone.
i agree

Xato
06-25-2005, 06:15 AM
Dante, it has been decided, you will be making a lot of how-to's and guides.

Malatory
06-25-2005, 01:44 PM
You asked .. and I made a quick list of things I seen that I would like to see more information on and/or something I would like to learn how to do better myself. IMHO a simple how to guild would draw more intrest than looking at more LED fans.

Dante
06-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Dante, it has been decided, you will be making a lot of how-to's and guides.
Guys I couldn't agree with you guys more about the How-To stuff you guys want to see...that is exactly why Paul is putting out the series of DVD's he is working on. THey are being make to show you hands on how Paul does the fantastic things he makes.

And yes guys I too know that I can write reviews about lights and fans and stuff like that. My comments are in regards to, wouldn't you rather see some kick ass memory round-up's or reviews about some kick ass cases that are mod worthy?
Lights, at least in my experience are a personal preference as to the intensity and color and **** like that. But hey....if thats what you guys want to see I will be more than happy to write it for ya.

Keep the feedback coming guys...and the DVD's will be out before you know it.

MrSlacker
06-25-2005, 03:51 PM
cant wait for DVDs!

Frakk
06-25-2005, 04:08 PM
Dante I think there are plenty of sites out there with reviews on memories and cpus and all that hardware. You could of course review more and there wouldnt be any probs with it either, more free stuff for you, and more to give away in contests. If you are really that busy writing reviews that we have to narrow it down to these categories im more than happy. anyways I dont really prefer specific products, I'll read and enjoy anything thats cool and interesting, I just think that there are already a lot of sites reviewing the general hardware, but no modding hardware. like that small lcd review we had not long ago was right on the spot. maybe some more lilliput touchscreen lcd, slimdrives, dremel atachments and stuff that you dont usually see and relates to modding would be really good.

MrSlacker
06-25-2005, 04:22 PM
i agree with Frakk. there are a lot of other sites that review general hardware.

Dante
06-25-2005, 08:28 PM
I agree with me that we can and will review general hardware as well as specialty stuff.

Don't worry....... I have a touch screen LCD and a kick ass case (very mod worthy) you guys are going to love coming up in the very near future.

Frakk
06-25-2005, 10:09 PM
sounds good Dante. btw are there going to be links for reviews on the main site?

Xato
06-26-2005, 01:57 AM
As long as there's a good mix of gereral and mod specific stuff thats reviewed, i'll be happy... Though general things such as cases, are more on topic than ram.

Xbrid
06-26-2005, 02:21 AM
i agree with you Dante

Dante
06-26-2005, 02:06 PM
sounds good Dante. btw are there going to be links for reviews on the main site?
I always post my reviews on the front page of the site. I take them down after about a week though.

Frakk
06-26-2005, 02:16 PM
dont take them down. reviews are important features of a website. i think there should be links on the left side under or above the projects galleries.

Dante
06-26-2005, 03:11 PM
dont take them down. reviews are important features of a website. i think there should be links on the left side under or above the projects galleries.
Look to the right Frakk...they are there. They are also in the archives. Trust me....we know what we are doing.

Frakk
06-26-2005, 03:30 PM
those are popular articles. there isnt many reviews yet and they fit but once more and more comes the old ones will be outdated. i know theyre in the archives but noone will be searching through it for a review. anyways it was just a suggestion

MrSlacker
06-26-2005, 03:56 PM
you can do a little tab on the top that says "Reviews" and put all reviews there. its gonna be much easier for us to see them