PDA

View Full Version : copper only watercooled mod

tonythefrog
06-18-2005, 12:08 PM
Hi everybody

First excuse my englih cause i'm a little frogies ,i want to show you french mod made by one of our members of the french silent pc review :Pc silencieux.com

tell me what you htink about it's:

it's a all hand made mod with only copper,you can have a look here there are 23 pages about the conception.

http://www.pcsilencieux.com/sujet-t3123-330.html

Bye and goodafternoon from Marseille ,france :D

domoMKIV
06-18-2005, 11:57 PM
that looks great.

what steps are being taken to make sure the copper finish stays clean?

Rachel
06-19-2005, 12:28 AM
Ooohhhh.... Very nice. I love it!!!!! Girly mods rule! :)

Defyant
06-19-2005, 11:36 AM
YER!!!! very orig and impressive!

tonythefrog
06-19-2005, 01:15 PM
hello,

she pollish with a paste made for polish for "dremel" then she put a protector incolor paint("vernit" in french i don't no the word in english but you do it
after painting when you want that it shine)

This mod is watercooled by a thern you can see it in pages before and the harware is quite good: mb epox,a64 3500,gforce6800 ultra ,1go ddr400 geil.......

Bye and have a nice day ........

19h14(7.14 pm) marseille France

X child
06-19-2005, 03:38 PM
I've had some thoughts about a copper and aluminum computer and I thought it would look awsome. This chick proves it, it looks great. Very nice work.

Cwrench
06-21-2005, 03:49 PM
Hey I think I'm learning french:) she could heat pipe something to the case; it would make a good heatsink;)

Cardan
06-21-2005, 04:40 PM
hmmm....i have a bunch of copper sheeting in my workroom.

/me is getting ideas.

inspiredbyasphalt
06-21-2005, 09:27 PM
what steps are being taken to make sure the copper finish stays clean?
where i live, they council built a symphony orchestra hall out of copper, this building (affectionately known as 'the water tank') was designed so that the copper would eventually turn to that green colour (pretty sure its due to the copper oxidising thou i didnt pass science classes!) although a lot of ppl thought this was not a very good idea it was still built and now that it has naturally changed colour i do admit it looks rather good... not sure how it would look or if this would have any effect on the components on the inside of a copper case, or anything else, but i thought it was a 'different' idea for anyone willing to sacrifice that new copper look

Xbrid
06-22-2005, 08:46 AM
that is sweet!
c'est super! :)

Xato
06-22-2005, 09:45 AM
The green colour on copper is caused by oxidation... Though this requires quite large amounts of moisture and possibly salinity in the air (usually near the sea). Though it would be a somewhat interesting case, giving awesome texture and colour... though rust effects have been attained before, and i'm sure with work you could get the copper look too.