PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Loading issues

AKA_RA
03-17-2007, 05:19 PM
Im having trouble getting ubuntu to load properly, or actually, load at all.

IT gets its way to the load screen, then i get a blank screen, and then i get an error message saying it cant load "TTY" or somehting like that, then i restart, and i get the same thing. anyone got any clues as to what happened to my Ubuntu?:(

Drew
03-17-2007, 05:53 PM
You need ubuntuforums, you do.

There's some Linux hounds here, but theres looooooads there.

Don't forget to tell 'em which version you're using....

Welcome to the Ubuntu revolution.

.Maleficus.
03-18-2007, 12:27 AM
Are you trying to boot from a USB drive? If possible, I need you to post your /etc/fstab and /boot/grub/menu.lst please. You might have something screwed with those. I take it you know how to open those? Quick way: gedit /etc/fstab, gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst.

simon275
03-18-2007, 12:48 AM
I was having the same problems and more. When it came down to it Ubuntu just doesn't work with some hardware configurations.

But defiantly check out the Ubuntu forums http://www.ubuntuforums.org/

AKA_RA
03-18-2007, 10:23 AM
well, everyone seems to think its a good idea, so i may as well jump on those forums. i was hoping it was a simple problem. -_-

the weird thing was, it was working fine, then i changed the boot order, got into vista for a while, then changed the boot order back to ubuntus drive. last time i got ubuntu working on a differant machine, it had no problem with NTFS drives being installed(same drives even), and even ran files off them(no write i believe).

.Maleficus.
03-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Did you change it via Grub, or how? Do you remember your config? What was installed first, Ubuntu or Vista? If you could, please post you menu.lst. If you're wondering how, get ntfs-3g (http://www.fs-driver.org/). It will allow you to read/write both Ubuntu and Windows from either OS. You'll be able to access your menu.lst, and then I'll be able to help.

intergalacticman
03-26-2007, 02:09 PM
dude that happened to me.
i just ordered a newer version (6.06)

.Maleficus.
03-26-2007, 09:11 PM
dude that happened to me.
i just ordered a newer version (6.06)
Newest verision is actually Edgy Eft (6.10).