PDA

View Full Version : My first mod questions

bgthigfist
06-18-2005, 09:14 PM
I built my first computer March 04 and it went great (thanks New Egg). I have been wanting to build a computer with my daughter, but wanted her to have something unique. What I'm looking at doing is 'case construction' and had a couple of questions. I read in a back issue of Maximum PC that they wouldn't recommend a specific plexiglass case in part because it wasn't grounded....

My idea was to create an open wooden frame to hold components (like one of those 'testing racks' you see in the mags), since I can fabricate out of wood, and have my daughter construct the exterier of the case that would set over the top. I had some experience with sculptural ceramics in college as well as plaster and casting, and was going to have her sculpt her design (talking about a big dinosaur skull) in modeling clay, then do a plaster cast of her design which would be hollow on the inside. I would probably have to reinforce it somehow, but it would sit down over the 'frame' like a lid, with suitable holes for ventilation, ports, etc...

Does anyone know what I would have to do to make sure the pc is grounded? I suppose I could simply buy a cheap case and have her make a lid/shell for that, but I was wanting to be as origional as possible.

Any suggestions??

Thanks