PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Gaming Setup?

Guardian
03-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Alright, well the other topic is more of a "what do you think about this setup?" but now its "what kinda setup should I get?". And well, yeah, thats the question.

Its basicley a computer i'm gonig to use for everything. As you might know I gotta apply for a college during the up-coming summer (if it doesn't interfear with my wonderfull vacation trip to Turkiy'e <3). So ALOT of schoolworks going to be done on it. I have ALOT of people come over and **** with my machines, so my GF's going to be uploading pictures on it ever few hours (idk but she loves taking pictures of random stuff), then I got my friends stealing my music and giving me music, and then I got 2 friends who rent bluckbuster and upload movies and burn movies or somthing like that. And ontop of those I will be doing gaming, especcially Battlefield 2142 <3.

So here is what I THINK would work, but ofcourse you guys would know more. I doubt I would need dual core or somthing, becuase I really don't do THAT much at once, and keep in mind my budget is REALLY Limited, like EXTREMELY limited. ATM I got $200 on hand, I make an avarage of maybe $50 a week? Just getting my dad coffee and such, He didn't want me gettign a job becuase of school. So here is the setup I am THINKING, but I'll let you guys gimme a few suggestions.

Aspire X-Cruiser BLACK case = $60
Pentuim 4 650 Prescott 3.4 ghz LGA 775 = $87
ABIT Fatal1ty FP-IN9 LGA 775 nForce 650i = $138
Zalman Fatal1ty CPU cooler = $50
XFX Geforce 7950GT = $240
Western Digital 320mb HDD Sata2 = $80
2 x 1gig Corsair DDR2 667 Memory = $125
Thermaltake 500 watt psu = $90
2 x Asus Sata DVD/RW + LSCRIBE =$70

So if anyone knows a better and cheaper setup, please share.

Guardian
03-19-2007, 02:03 PM
The other topic im asking.

"what do you think of this?"

Here i'm saying

"whats cheaper and better?"