PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 for Windows Vista

Indybird
03-19-2007, 05:42 PM
Right here, preorder now! (http://astore.amazon.com/halo2vista-20/detail/B000NV8F58/102-6937995-2548113)

Anybody here going to get this? I loved halo2 for xbox, but I dont have an xbox and now ill be able to play it on my comp. Only problem is its for vista only so not everyone can get it. :(

xRyokenx
03-19-2007, 10:40 PM
It might even be more fun for PC, but I'm not gonna spend a couple to $300 to upgrade to play it. The Battle Rifle really seems as though it's a PC style gun... just the way it is...

There prolly won't be all those awful 10-12 year olds either, they can play on their 360s while we're all on PC. :D

Silenced_Coyote
03-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Vista only? Dumb... I haven't bothered to keep up with it, but why is it Vista only? I don't think it is getting a major graphical overhaul with major use of DX10, if any at all. Right? Either way, I played way too much of it for Xbox. I'll pass.

By the way, 10-12 year olds are EVERYWHERE! But at least with the PC, they can only type annoying things. It sure beats hearing their voices over Xbox Live.
But, there is the rare occasion that something funny comes out of it:
So I'm on Live playing Gears of War.
Player 1 is talking and his voice is high like he just hit puberty.
Player 2 starts talking.
Player 1 asks if Player 2 was a guy.
Player 2 says no, I'm a girl.
Player 1: Oh, because you don't sound like a guy.
Player 2: Neither do you.
Room becomes SILENT all of a sudden.

SSGM4DCOW
03-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Player 1 is talking and his voice is high like he just hit puberty.
Player 2 starts talking.
Player 1 asks if Player 2 was a guy.
Player 2 says no, I'm a girl.
Player 1: Oh, because you don't sound like a guy.
Player 2: Neither do you.
Room becomes SILENT all of a sudden.

HAAHAA thats funny
well the vista version is supposedly gonna be linked to the xbox version but idk.
the graphics on it look amazing and its gonna link up to ur gamercard on ur 360 and have acheivements to add to ur gamer score(sticky acheivements :) cant wait)

.Maleficus.
03-20-2007, 06:37 AM
Yeah, you'll have the ability to play 360s while you're on your computer. I'll probably get it when Vista comes out, just because my friend has it and I can't afford Xbox Live. Otherwise, I'd get it for Xbox.

luciusad2004
03-20-2007, 07:11 AM
Actually halo2 for vista wont be one of the cross platform games. It's on Bungie's website. Unless of coarse they changed it. Ill post more in a bit.

.Maleficus.
03-20-2007, 07:19 AM
Actually halo2 for vista wont be one of the cross platform games. It's on Bungie's website. Unless of coarse they changed it. Ill post more in a bit.
Hmmm, that's strange. I got a PC Gamer a while back saying it would be. I wonder if they changed it?

Edit: Ahh... Never mind. I guess I was remembering it wrong, it said it wouldn't be able to. That's too bad, because I'd love to blow my friends head off.

luciusad2004
03-20-2007, 07:48 AM
lol Yeah. The cross platform may be a good idea but i don't particularly like it. I get this feeling that the counsels are going to get lagged in to oblivion. Honestly, PC gamers intentionally try to build the fastest machine they can just to get a few frames ahead of the other guy. I like counsels because they somewhat level the playing field.(at least in theory)

I also think that the mouse and keyboard will just demolish the poor people using controllers. I mean, they will hold their own but certain things... like snipers are just so much easier with a mouse.(actually I'm probably just angry because i cant snipe worth crap)

My biggest fear however is this. If Microsoft tries to force companies to use Live for windows to do online gaming and then tries to make us pay for it. Im not sure that the PC market would stand up for that. And since its a more open platform than a counsel i guess there will always be alternative gaming servers we can access.

Its a nice concept though. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see how it works out. And hey if cross platform FPS doesn't work out... There's always Uno...

Indybird
03-20-2007, 08:11 AM
lol Yeah. The cross platform may be a good idea but i don't particularly like it. I get this feeling that the counsels are going to get lagged in to oblivion. Honestly, PC gamers intentionally try to build the fastest machine they can just to get a few frames ahead of the other guy. I like counsels because they somewhat level the playing field.(at least in theory)

I also think that the mouse and keyboard will just demolish the poor people using controllers. I mean, they will hold their own but certain things... like snipers are just so much easier with a mouse.(actually I'm probably just angry because i cant snipe worth crap)

My biggest fear however is this. If Microsoft tries to force companies to use Live for windows to do online gaming and then tries to make us pay for it. Im not sure that the PC market would stand up for that. And since its a more open platform than a counsel i guess there will always be alternative gaming servers we can access.

Its a nice concept though. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see how it works out. And hey if cross platform FPS doesn't work out... There's always Uno...

I was angry about that also, but then I found out the "Live" service that you pay for is only for cross-platform gaming. If you want to do PC to PC, then its free, if you want to do PC to X360 then you need live gold. That doesnt bother me too much since a 12-month live gold card is only $39.99.

Man, I wish I made this thread a poll... :(

Ticien
03-20-2007, 08:24 AM
making it vista only is just a marketing ploy to get people to buy vista...there isnt any reason for it at all, same as being able to play games with 360 players. there isnt anything special about vista that makes these things possible, but no one is buying it so they need incentive.

luciusad2004
03-20-2007, 08:34 AM
making it vista only is just a marketing ploy to get people to buy vista...there isn't any reason for it at all, same as being able to play games with 360 players. there isn't anything special about vista that makes these things possible, but no one is buying it so they need incentive.

Yeah i would definitely have to agree with that. I mean halo2 was designed for the xbox. There is no way that they can tell us that Windows XP cant provide the resources the original xbox could provide. But i guess they needed to at least have one game that will be compatible with vista... I also don't like the fact that its just now getting ported to PC around the same time Halo 3 comes out. Oh well.

azminisk8r
03-20-2007, 01:01 PM
what you people have against 12 year olds playing 360, half of us are decent, like me

xRyokenx
03-20-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm mainly referring to the kind that say only a couple words that aren't of the swear variety.

Silenced_Coyote
03-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Yeah, you'll have the ability to play 360s while you're on your computer. I'll probably get it when Vista comes out, just because my friend has it and I can't afford Xbox Live. Otherwise, I'd get it for Xbox.

If you can't afford Xbox Live, then you won't be able to afford Games for Windows - Live because they will have the same pricing.
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=6481

I was angry about that also, but then I found out the "Live" service that you pay for is only for cross-platform gaming. If you want to do PC to PC, then its free, if you want to do PC to X360 then you need live gold. That doesnt bother me too much since a 12-month live gold card is only $39.99.

Man, I wish I made this thread a poll... :(

Free for PC to PC? Awesome! Sounds great to have the Xbox Live service be free for PC to PC. Makes sense too. That is the best news I've heard so far concerning Games for Windows - Live!

+rep for you because my day is a bit brighter now; some cd/m^2 brighter.

Guardian
03-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Wow I cant wait! If only I could offord dis **** :(.

I guess i'm going to have to buy Windows Vista. I mean Halo 2 is a really great game, I dont have my original xbox anymore and never bothered to purchase halo 2 again, so this is great. I'll buy Windows Vista for my new pc, buy Halo 2 and buy PC Live... Like $300+, ****in wonderfull1

Indybird
03-20-2007, 05:23 PM
making it vista only is just a marketing ploy to get people to buy vista...there isnt any reason for it at all, same as being able to play games with 360 players. there isnt anything special about vista that makes these things possible, but no one is buying it so they need incentive.

Actually, they have a half-decent reason for making vista only. They wanted to integrate LIVE with windows and Windows XP is not compatible with some of the technologies they wanted to use...

Besides I am upgrading to vista anyway...