PDA

View Full Version : Online Retailers dilemma!!

Dr. Kamolly
03-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Hi guys,

I want a new PC, and I was wondering where can you get a good PC for gaming MOSTLY, and everything else? I know about PC World, but is there another place??

Also, do you know any good online retailers?? Or may you have other suggestions. Please let me know.

Thanks

Zephik
03-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Tigerdirect and Newegg are pretty sweet for online PC retailers. Sometimes Ebay, maybe Amazon...

ibuypower.com is also pretty cool. Alienware kicks butt. Dell has some nice new laptops.

and just because of Diggnation, I like Falcon Northwest.

Hope that helps!

Dr. Kamolly
03-25-2007, 04:08 PM
These websites ship to the UK?? I know Newegg doesn't.

Ironcat
03-25-2007, 08:15 PM
www.zipzoomfly.com

I started ordering from them because of their free shipping and never had a problem yet.

Spacehonkey
03-25-2007, 08:26 PM
If you're thinking about building your own this computer parts search engine is the best I've found so far. I used it when I build my computer.

http://stores.tomshardware.com/

Zephik
03-26-2007, 02:17 AM
Sorry about that, I have a tendency to leap before I look. Hmm, UK. Thats the problem with online retailers, there doesn't seem to be enough of 'em in the UK. Well here is all of the websites that I know about or that I can remember. Maybe one of t hem will have what you are looking for.

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showpost.php?p=78718&postcount=3

Dr. Kamolly
03-26-2007, 07:12 AM
Thank you very much.

Drew
03-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Is there a reason eBuyer aren't in the trusted section?

Just wondered, 'cos I've found 'em to be fine ... have I got a nasty suprise coming?

Zephik
03-26-2007, 10:55 AM
I've never really heard of them. I don't think, I might be wrong on this, that they are well known and well used either. Its not that they are not trusted, its just that they aren't... up to par? With the other websites listed.

btw, I wouldn't list websites that would screw you. You might run a chance if you go with your more unfamiliar websites, but I think the list I have is pretty safe.

Luke122
03-26-2007, 11:30 AM
www.memoryexpress.com is great.. Calgary Canada based, and better prices than Tigerdirect on most stuff.

International shipping? umm.. ?

Dr. Kamolly
03-26-2007, 04:00 PM
What's with the VAT thing?? I mean it's sometimes adding 25% of the total price!!

Also, is there a customs fee when importing stuff into the UK?? And what's the average shipping fee for all necessary PC components except the case :D?

Redundant
03-26-2007, 05:35 PM
And what's the average shipping fee for all necessary PC components except the case :D?
I'd say, for a PC that can run all of today's games on high and one's about to come out, $1800-$2000 (which would include probably a 24" LCD, C2D e6600, 8600 video card and 2GB RAM <-In other words, some hot specs.8))

Spending much over $2500 on a PC isn't the best thing to do because new hardware comes out every year too.

Currency Exchange:
$2000 USD = 1015 GBP (UK) = 1500 EUR

*You taxes will increase it somewhat

Dr. Kamolly
03-27-2007, 03:20 AM
I wouldn't get a LCD, we have a 45" LCD TV, it should work as a screen , or I'd buy from where I live. But the thing is I heard the VAT 17.5% of what you import, anyway of confirming that?

I'm not that anxious to get my hands on it, I don't mind cooling it down till the release of the 8600 and the intel E6320.

Drew
03-27-2007, 04:08 AM
Anything that is bought in the UK that is considered a 'luxury' i.e you don't absolutely need it to live is subject to a 17.5% tax.

Food is exempt, and some other stuff... not much though.

It's just another way our poxy government can screw more dough outta us.

Oh yeah, and they'll stick it on delivery and everything. Gits.

Sorry dude. Welcome to the UK.

:edit:

Clarification:

Are you in the UK, or in Egypt?

Either way, if you buy in the UK, you'll get stung :(

Ticien
03-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Ouch, that is one hell of a tax :/

Dr. Kamolly
03-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Well, I travel to the UK for the summer, and Tigerdirect.com don't have Egypt on thier shipping lists. I may ask them by a direct email, to know if they could ship to Egypt or not, I'm not getting mny hopes up though.