PDA

View Full Version : xp home activation problems

vermillion_part2
03-29-2007, 06:03 AM
just a question about xp home activation, my friend just brought a computer and he doesn't the internet so how can we turn off the 30 day countdown? I know you can do it in vista and i have seen it some where on the net how you can do it on xp. I have googled for ages now and i can't find it hopefully one of you guys can help me. Thanks in advance.

Vermillion_part2

Crimson Sky
03-29-2007, 07:43 AM
Just run the activation wizard. There will be an option to activate over the phone. Select that and call up the number that appears. They will guide you through the process, and it only takes a few minutes. Have the hologram sticker with the activation key handy.

Click here for more info (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307890).

AJ@PR
03-29-2007, 10:52 AM
^^^ Follow cSky's advice.

I've heard that MicroSoft's support over the phone is very good for activation. :)

onelegout
03-29-2007, 04:21 PM
I've heard that MicroSoft's support over the phone is very good for activation. :)
Very true.
Also useful for re-activating versions of windows that have become deactivated due to new hardware!
H

SgtM
03-29-2007, 04:36 PM
Just run the activation wizard. There will be an option to activate over the phone. Select that and call up the number that appears. They will guide you through the process, and it only takes a few minutes. Have the hologram sticker with the activation key handy.

Click here for more info (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307890).

^-^ that'd do it. They have a voice response system, or you can opt to actually talk to someone. Either way is just as easy.

Luke122
03-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Agreed.. the phone process is a bit slow, but it's very accurate, and if there's no internet where you are, then it's the only way.

Optionally, take the PC somewhere with an internet connection, and activate it there, then bring it back. :)

agnat
03-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Also have a pen and paper handy because they run off a bunch of numbers and letters to put into the activation screen and if you mess one up, it's a real pain, other than that the process is pretty painless.

Agnat

Bucko
03-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Optionally, take the PC somewhere with an internet connection, and activate it there, then bring it back. :)

Or just take a dial up modem to where the PC is and do it there. No internet access required, just dial into a MS server.

CanaBalistic
03-30-2007, 07:05 PM
I just had to call in the other day.

open the activation window, call MS, read the number on the screen to the computer voice, enter the code as it is read to you. If you mess up, say "start over".

I dont know what crimsons talking about with the hologram window key. The activation number is unique to your hardware and isnt on the hologram.

Note: You can activate XP 3 times using the online activator. After the third time, you have to call it in every time.

azminisk8r
03-31-2007, 12:12 AM
m

slytherock
03-31-2007, 12:20 AM
yeah ive used phone a lot cuz i only have 1 copy of windows and the rest were OEM so i kept calling in and saying my comp got wiped

please, try to stay on the right side of legality in your posts... I love this community, and I dont want it to be in trouble... thx