PDA

View Full Version : New to computer gaming.

Kahamri
04-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Ok so i'm not really new to computer games. But you dont need much to play quake 3. I upgraded to play bf2 But now i am looking at new hardware since well, i want to actually see more than 10ft of the maps i play on.

I was thinking of upgrading to a nvidia 7900gs. I currently have a nvidia 7600.

My question is, I was playing ut2k4 and messing with settings I increased the resolution from 800x600 to 1024xwhateveritis. And my mouse pointer was lagging on the menu screans. now I believe i need a better videocard in order to increase the resolution but just kind of wandered if i was right.

I have a 2.93ghz celeron with 1 gig of ram. I am looking at a couple of asus boards and the c2d. Also want 2 gig of ocz ram.

Ticien
04-02-2007, 10:59 AM
If the pointer is lagging my guess is its either the video card or lack of RAM. I'm not sure of the system requirements on UT2K4. Though I would think that the 7600 and a gig of RAM should run it fine.

intergalacticman
04-02-2007, 11:53 AM
If the pointer is lagging my guess is its either the video card or lack of RAM. I'm not sure of the system requirements on UT2K4. Though I would think that the 7600 and a gig of RAM should run it fine.

yeah a 7600GT is a superb card and 1 gig is also good
do you have spyware or multiple programs running??
maybe its the celeron i would trash that

Kahamri
04-02-2007, 01:18 PM
No i keep my computer pretty lean. Nothing really running, nothing in the background either.

Yeah the celeron is crap. I went with it because it was cheap and well i needed somthing quick. I'm looking at the c2d but with the new ones coming out in november i'm afraid to buy anything.

FPMachine
04-02-2007, 06:34 PM
There is ALWAYS something coming out. do the upgrade when you want it. you have a better card than I do you should be able to run ut2k way harder thn 800x600 so there is some other problem. Try checking for dust on your heatsinks.