PDA

View Full Version : .nfo file reader/viewer

Spawn-Inc
04-05-2007, 02:19 PM
any suggestions on NFO file readers/viewers?? when i download a trainer or something there is usally a .nfo help. i try and open it the way it is and it says the file is either curropt or a different version. so i have to convert the file into a txt. its annoying having to do that all the time so any programs that are good? i google for help and found this http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Text-editors/DAMN-NFO-Viewer.shtml is it any good?

CanaBalistic
04-06-2007, 06:37 AM
If you right click on the file and choose "open with", you can select the program you want to open them with. Choose notedpad and select "allways use this program".

That should do it.

That software looks sketchy to me. Try it my way and if somehow it doesnt work, try that program.

Cagedconnerman
04-07-2007, 12:34 AM
i dont use notepad, there's a whole lot of characters that dont show up correctly when using notepad or wordpad, Damn nfo viewer is good software, theres no spyware or viruses attached with it if thats what you mean by sketchy Cana

nil8
04-07-2007, 02:29 AM
.nfo files that are used in text are created to be opened in notepad.
You don't need software to open them.

Do what Cana said. It works.

Spawn-Inc
04-07-2007, 12:29 PM
i dont use notepad, there's a whole lot of characters that dont show up correctly when using notepad or wordpad, Damn nfo viewer is good software, theres no spyware or viruses attached with it if thats what you mean by sketchy Cana

that happens to me which is why i want a nfo viewer. i can see the text but it is all jumbled up with other characters and doesn't get shown properly.

nil8
04-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Turn off word wrap. It fixes the problems.

Spawn-Inc
04-07-2007, 04:12 PM
i'm just going to set notepad as the defualt becuase for the most part i can read what it has to say. but 1 or more of them i tried word wrap on and off and it's still messed up looking.

onelegout
04-07-2007, 07:14 PM
notepad has always worked fine for me!
H