PDA

View Full Version : job

inspiredbyasphalt
06-24-2005, 02:35 AM
while enjoying the uni lifestyle was bliss, it didnt quite fulfill the need for $ so a parttime job at an insurance firm fills the pockets with a little of the much needed paper...

does anyone have a job they enjoy all the time? i mean i cant wait to be earning some real money and all but stuck in an office all day does mess with your head?
maybe someone helps oil models for mag shoots, im guessing that wouldnt be all that bad ;)

Frakk
06-24-2005, 11:08 AM
getting stuck in an office 40 hours a day is the worst nightmare ever. right now im working as a porter in a hotel part time, but im going towards to be programming cnc machines and all that.

Xbrid
06-24-2005, 11:13 AM
maybe someone helps oil models for mag shoots, im guessing that wouldnt be all that bad ;)
oil+models= :D
count me in!

Xbrid
06-24-2005, 11:15 AM
Frakk, porter by day, super poster by night.

lol :D

Frakk
06-24-2005, 11:28 AM
haha I had school as weel, but its over now and summer is dead at work too. so is it gonna leave me with 24/7 posting? :D if I wouldnt go on a 2.5 months vacation maybe :D in the meanwhile I will leave you to catch up

Zeus
06-24-2005, 09:09 PM
I'm an a campus systems administrator for a Nationwide University and I love it. I have always enjoyed fixing computers and this provides me that opportunity and the ability to work with people.

Xbrid
06-24-2005, 10:52 PM
in the meanwhile I will leave you to catch up
WOW! :eek: soooo generous! 2.5 months to post 600 times! we are so lucky! :D

lol

Frakk
06-24-2005, 11:00 PM
WOW! :eek: soooo generous! 2.5 months to post 600 times! we are so lucky! :D

lol

Its never the quantity that matters:D

MrSlacker
06-24-2005, 11:44 PM
grr, im leaving to florida for like a week. u better not take over!

Tech-Daddy
06-25-2005, 12:13 AM
I started working on computers as a hobby. Something to do because I wanted to learn them, and it is fun. (Notice I said "is" and not "was"..)

I'm now the Systems Admin for a multinational software company, and I get to fix computers/servers all day long. Lots of other cool toys that I get to work with as well. The company is a dysfunctional mess, emotionally and management wise, but the infrastructure ROCKS!

Lots of fun there!
Every day is something cool and fun!

binarypotato
06-25-2005, 12:23 AM
Har, I'm a dishwasher, then again I'm only 16. I guess you're supposed to hate your first job right?

Rachel
06-25-2005, 12:40 AM
My first job was in a pizza shop (last day was on Wed.). I love my new job at Victoria's Secret!!! It's very fun.

Malatory
06-25-2005, 12:54 AM
I work in the tech side of things and go home and do the same thing.

I had a few jobs that were not computer re-lated and had fun at them, but none ever really paid as well. And were they are saying tech jobs are going (Project Management / Pointie Haired Bosses). I am not as intrested in that type of work. I would rather be playing with the new toys as they come in or adding some new code to improve things. But the computer field is going to the way of out sourcing. :(

Dash20
06-25-2005, 04:12 AM
Right now I'm working at a printing press doing small things like packaging, collating, and heavy lifting. Have to pay for the books. :) If I can't have creative influence in a job, then I'd rather be doing manual labour. So yes, I guess I do enjoy my job right now. ;)

Hopefully I can start making films once I graduate. :D

Xato
06-25-2005, 04:22 AM
My first job was as computer related as they get... Building / repairing / upgrading computers. I havent had one since it closed some months ago.

and YEY!!! all the high posters are going on holidays... Its catch up time!
Remember, first to 1000 wins.

inspiredbyasphalt
06-25-2005, 05:05 AM
was working late and needed coffee, grabbed the closest mug thinking it was plain white and filled it up... walking to my desk someone gave me a funny look and i just ignored them, then one of the office ladies walked past and said i made a nice choice of mug. i was wondering what that meant and i looked down at the mug and saw there was a pic on one side of it with two naked lesbians kissing (a secret santa present for one of the guys a while ago). great way to break the ice and impress those office gals (not!)

Xato
06-25-2005, 05:45 AM
Lol, awesome. If you REALLY want to impress those office girls... you could get one which says something like "You should be in the kitchen" lol j/j... got the idea from T-Shirt hell... i swear!
A BIGGER BOY TOLD ME TO SAY IT!!! *cries*
:D

Frakk
06-25-2005, 11:45 AM
lmao. I want a mug like that! :D and Tshirthell rocks! just ordered 3 tshirts (2 for my friend and 1 for me)

Xato
06-25-2005, 12:35 PM
My friends getting me the "Also available in... Sober!" shirt while he's in america.

MrSlacker
06-25-2005, 12:41 PM
lol, i got 2 Slacker shirts. i love them. as for the job, i dont really have 1. during vacations (not summer :( ) i work at Senior Center place. i help prepare lunches and serve them. there are about 3-4 more teenagers working there so its a lot of fun and the pay is good.

Frakk
06-25-2005, 12:55 PM
My friends getting me the "Also available in... Sober!" shirt while he's in america.

are you sure ure available in sober? cause every time ure on msn u keep telling me how drunk u are :D:D and judging from ure smartypants posts im in great doubt :D

Zeus
06-25-2005, 01:17 PM
it's an available option that hasn't been explored ;)

MrSlacker
06-25-2005, 01:58 PM
w0000t. i just got a card from that place that i can work in the summer! Canon S2 here i come!!!

Xato
06-26-2005, 01:35 AM
Hey, its like coke with lemon... its available... but whats the freakin point.

inspiredbyasphalt
06-27-2005, 12:17 AM
congrats on the job mrslacker! maybe this will mean the 2 slacker tshirts you rock will have to make their way to the wardrobe for a little while ;)

Malatory
06-27-2005, 10:40 AM
New t-shirt I have ..

Your Shirt Says Princes, but your face says Toll

I never get to wear any of my fun t-shirts to work, They need to make them in Polo's So I can :)

remimber: If your co-workers keep pissing you off atfter 1 year. its time to fine new work as they are stoopid and un trainable.

Zeus
06-27-2005, 06:32 PM
New t-shirt I have ..

Your Shirt Says Princes, but your face says Toll

I never get to wear any of my fun t-shirts to work, They need to make them in Polo's So I can :)

remimber: If your co-workers keep pissing you off atfter 1 year. its time to fine new work as they are stoopid and un trainable.

It's difficult to soar like an eagle when you work with a bunch of turkeys