PDA

View Full Version : Newbie need help on some case lighting

kenga
06-26-2005, 11:35 AM
Hi, I have just ordered an acrylic blue colored window and some blue lights to mod my pc case. I need an advice, do you thing 2 lamps will be enough to lit up my 10x10 inches window or should I buy more lamps?
If I wasn't clear then my story goes as this: I decided to cut my metal case and insert acrylic colored glass instead, wich will be lit with double 4 inch blue lamps. I thought of buying 2 lamps only, but then I thought that maybe that will not be enough to lit up my 10x10 inches window. Any suggestions anyone?

Frakk
06-26-2005, 11:37 AM
it will be enough if you put them in the right place, lighting your components.

kenga
06-26-2005, 11:39 AM
WOW man , now that's what I call a speed reply!!!
Are you always on guard to reply to newbies in distress??? HEHEHEHEHE!!!
Just joking lad, have never seen seen such timing in forum answering!!!
Thanks.

Frakk
06-26-2005, 11:42 AM
Are you always on guard to reply to newbies in distress???
YUPP! :D no, actually it was a coincidence, i just got home and clicked on new posts :D

Zeus
06-26-2005, 07:44 PM
don't lie Frakk. You know you're addicted to TBCS. We all know it.

LOL

Frakk
06-26-2005, 08:11 PM
Zeus please :D

Zeus
06-27-2005, 12:33 AM
hey, don't worry. I get the shakes if I don't get my fix too

Cymae
06-27-2005, 12:42 AM
lol...something tells me its a good thing we dont have many damsels here :D

Xato
06-27-2005, 02:39 AM
Lol, i think all the new regulars are addicted...
Eitherway, you bought a blue acrylic window... Its not UVreactive is it? Coz in that case you'll need UV Lights to make it glow... just to make sure.
But otherwise... 2 cathodes are plenty to light the inside of a case... esp when they're blue.

Xbrid
06-27-2005, 05:07 AM
yep, 2 will be fine. i have 2 vantec blue cathodes and they can light up my PC-75 ( a full tower for those who don't know their Lian Li cases) .

kenga
06-27-2005, 06:36 AM
Thanks guys for your replies. My window is not UV but my lights are.
That shouldn't be a problem, should it? :?

Xato
06-27-2005, 07:55 AM
UV lights are generally a lot dimmer than other types of Cold Cathodes lights (normal colours) As most of the spectrum that is emitted from them is UV (ie, invisible). I wouldn't recommend them unless you have UV reactive things in your case such as cable sleeving... if you're going for the purple look, then get some purple cathodes.

Once again, UV cathodes aren't meant to light up your case, they are meant to light up UV reactive components.

kenga
06-27-2005, 11:57 AM
So a small revision: Non UV blue colored acrylic glass needs normal blue colored cathods to do the job. Right?
No UV cathodes are nescessary for normal windows. Right? :D
Maybe I will just get the wires sleeved with UV sleeves so it matches the color. That would be the smartest thing to do...
Got to change the order quickly, thanks to all... :D

Malatory
06-27-2005, 12:08 PM
So a small revision: Non UV blue colored acrylic glass needs normal blue colored cathods to do the job. Right?
No UV cathodes are nescessary for normal windows. Right? :D
Maybe I will just get the wires sleeved with UV sleeves so it matches the color. That would be the smartest thing to do...
Got to change the order quickly, thanks to all... :D

Standard Blue CCFL shoud work with the window you have. If you got 2 Blue UV CCFL. They may be darker than the standard ones. So it might be something you see if you can return for the right ones or see if they light it up the way you want.

PP Mguire
06-27-2005, 03:58 PM
so if i get UV fans (blue) i need a UV light right? anybody have any suggestions on a good oone?

timmer
06-27-2005, 05:31 PM
http://xoxide.com/coldcathodes.html

Xato
06-28-2005, 03:18 AM
As far as CCFL's go, they aren'y actually lighting up the window, they are lighting up whats behind it... I'm not sure of the effect through coloured plexi though.

Xato
06-28-2005, 03:19 AM
Oh, and coolermaster are said to have high quality cathodes and inverters. So i'd recommend getting better quality over the risk of a melted computer from internal fires :D

PP Mguire
06-29-2005, 03:06 AM
do they make something so i can turn it off? or is that the light bius on that page? i think im gonna get the coolermaster dual kit.

PP Mguire
06-29-2005, 03:08 AM
Nvm it comes w/ a switch, sorry for the double post.

Xato
06-29-2005, 03:56 AM
No one cares... its obcious by your post count you didn't do it on purpose =D