PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps the Funniest Article I've ever read.

DaveW
04-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Anyone in the UK should get out right now and buy a copy of PC Pro magazine.

Front page:

32 Reasons why PC's are better than Macs!

PLUS! How to install Vista on a Mac!

The article is very witty and well laid out, and i'm loving the Hippie with the sideburns holding a sign that says: "Hello. I'm a Mac. Don't I Look good?"

It's obviously a bash at Apple's outrageously stupid advertising campaign, as it interspaces stupid little comments with real issues, making light hearted fun of the whole thing. It also has some of the real reasons why someone might prefer a Mac, to spot it just being a Mac-bash article.

My favorite reasons are :

Number 16: "What the hell was that?" In relation to the annoying noises Mac's make when you turn them off.

Number 22: "What is it with Steve Jobs?"

Has there ever been such a self-serving, egotistical, irritating man...

and finally...

Number 29: "A Mac's Delete Key Doesn't work"

It's well worth buying the magazine just for the article, although with some luck it might appear on their website soon.

-Dave

Airbozo
04-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Guess I'll have to wait a couple of weeks for it to hit the stands here. I usually enjoy their rag, it's got some good info with a little bit of fun tucked in...

I can relate to the mac noise. On the early macs, they made this monkey squeaking sound, that was exactly the sound an old girlfriend made when she hiccuped... Used to freak me out when my manager in the next office used his mac and I would hear that all the time...

gaz_the_chav
04-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Hehe sounds fun I might have to buy that.

HEY IS THIS A SPAM THREAD OR SOMETHING WHERE YOU GET MONEY BECUASE WE BUY STUFF!!!

Only joking :D

-gaz