PDA

View Full Version : WTF!? UTIII for PC @ Amazon

Indybird
04-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Hey I had pre-ordered Unreal Tournament III (PC) on Amazon.com. Amazon right on its page said "Release date: March 31, 2007"

On March 31 2007 my order was magically cancelled without notice. So now that it was "released" I could just buy it. So I ordered that and it said it would arrive April 16. Now being the 13th I just got an email from amazon saying it wont come until the 30th. Now im pissed (and confused). Every single site anywhere and everywhere says UTIII (for anything) isnt coming out until much later this year. Amazon seems to think differently but yet it cant send them out just yet. What do you guys think?

Do you think its a big mess-up on amazon's part or do you think they are really backed up?

-Indybird

onelegout
04-14-2007, 07:13 AM
Amazon have done that many, many times before. They're always putting their release dates too early to make people pre-order. It's disgusting. I dispise amazon as they basicly ruined the first 4 weeks of my A-level english course by delaying the order of the books I needed for the course. I didn't have books for 4 weeks and then they charged me for next day delivery!!!!

Canadian Eh?
04-15-2007, 12:40 PM
I've never used amazon and I never will...I've heard a few stories like this.

Luke122
04-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Well, I've bought a few books, and a LOAD of cd's from Amazon, and no troubles.

However, I've NEVER paid for next day shipping, as it never works anyways.. regular shipping is cheaper, and while slower, it is more reliable.

Eclecticos
04-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Compatibility issues. Nough Said. One Word. "VISTA"

rendermandan
04-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Compatibility issues. Nough Said. One Word. "VISTA"

UM..... I dont' get what your saying here. What does this have to do with Amazon.com?

onelegout
04-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Well, I've bought a few books, and a LOAD of cd's from Amazon, and no troubles.

However, I've NEVER paid for next day shipping, as it never works anyways.. regular shipping is cheaper, and while slower, it is more reliable.

In the uk, next day shipping will arrive next day, 99% of the time.
In fact, Whenever I order regular shipping on anything it still always arrives the next morning.
H