PDA

View Full Version : Question about long distance calling.

Zephik
04-15-2007, 02:23 AM
If a person calls you on their cell phone and your on your home phone. Do you still get charged long distance?

I live on the state line and they still charge me for long distance even if its 3 minutes away. ><

DaJe
04-15-2007, 02:25 AM
The person who is calling is the one who pays the charges.

Zephik
04-15-2007, 03:38 AM
oh snap! Thats awesome!

DaveW
04-15-2007, 09:47 AM
oh snap! Thats awesome!

Jesus, i didn't know people actually talk like that.

-Dave

Zephik
04-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Jesus, i didn't know people actually talked like that.

-Dave

Yep, they are the kind of people that can make a persons life miserable if they are insulted. ;)

ha, jk Dave. Don't ban me! I promise, this is my last stupid post for the rest of the week. :p

DaveW
04-15-2007, 12:36 PM
I promise, this is my last stupid post for the rest of the week.

But it's Sunday. :p

-Dave

Zephik
04-15-2007, 01:15 PM
I thought Saturday was the end of the week?

Actually... WHAT DAY IS THE END OF THE WEEK?? lol

DaveW
04-15-2007, 07:01 PM
I guess that's a localized thing, depends on where you are in the world.

-Dave

Slug Toy
04-15-2007, 07:32 PM
i think a more important question is "what day is it?"

im actually not sure about that... i cant keep track of days very well. im usually in a mental state kind of like sleep deprivation... i just do what i have to, and i really cant tell you the basics like time or day... or why i dont sleep enough. the little time and date thing in the bottom right corner of my desktop is my best friend sometimes.

luciusad2004
04-15-2007, 07:39 PM
i just do what i have to, and i really cant tell you the basics like time or day

Ha! i know what thats like. I just flat out don't keep track of time. A lot of times if I'm home alone and i get a phone call for my parents ill go to tell them about it and they will ask "What time did they call" and ill just look at them and respond "I don't know." Of coarse then they will continue with more questions to the affect of "Well how long ago was it" to which they get the same response. Am i supposed to be some sort of human clock? I must have missed out on the meeting were they fitted everyone with built in time sensors.

CanaBalistic
04-15-2007, 08:21 PM
"Im an out dated Humanoid Carbon unit with a dead CMOS battery" lmao!

SgtM
04-15-2007, 08:57 PM
I live on the state line and they still charge me for long distance even if its 3 minutes away. ><

The reason for that is because of LATA (Local Access and Transport Area) lines.
There are 3 types of long distance calling
1. Local Toll - an area just outside of your local calling are
2. Instate Long Distance - Calling NYC to Buffalo
3. State to State - Calling from NY to NJ

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/L/LATA.html