PDA

View Full Version : What titles are you looking forward to?

onelegout
04-16-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm personaly looking forward to Enemy Territory: Quake wars, and Crysis (I want to try out my DX10 card properly!

What unreleased titles do you think are going to be great this year? mods included!

H

blk03MitsuES
04-16-2007, 03:09 PM
this only for pc games? if it is then i aint got none as i dont have a decent gaming pc..... but i already pre ordered Forza for the 3608)

DaveW
04-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Nothing so far has piqued my interest. Appart from Metal Gear Solid 4, and quite frankly, it's not worth buying a PS3 for. Almost, but not quite.

-Dave

blk03MitsuES
04-16-2007, 04:34 PM
sony is not going to offer the lower end model of the ps3 anymore, i bet they figured if you can spend $xxx.00 on the lower model you can spend $x50.00 on the other one....

nil8
04-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Assassin's Creed looks good.
The next COD title on the PC.
The expansion to ES4: Oblivion.
The expansion to NWN2.
The next episode of HL2.

rendermandan
04-16-2007, 04:40 PM
I was going to get a ps3 just for Assasins Creed, but then I slapped myself out of my dylerium and wised up. I've heard they might release it for the pc later on. anyone else heard this? and when is Half Life 2 episode 2 supposed to be released?

DaveW
04-16-2007, 05:12 PM

Forgot about that title. PC version looks good.

PS3 has no good exclusives appart from Metal Gear 4. And Although Hideo has always said it would be a PS3 exclusive, there's been talk that Konami may force him to port it. Developers in particular are beginning to see Sony's marketing strategies as a serious hazard to their development model. At least with Microsoft, you know where you stand, and Nintendo go a long, long, way to ensure that development is easy on their technology. (Unless you're a 3rd party developer, in which case they're so-so but don't expect any favors.)

-Dave

.Maleficus.
04-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Forgot about that title. PC version looks good.

PS3 has no good exclusives appart from Metal Gear 4. And Although Hideo has always said it would be a PS3 exclusive, there's been talk that Konami may force him to port it. Developers in particular are beginning to see Sony's marketing strategies as a serious hazard to their development model. At least with Microsoft, you know where you stand, and Nintendo go a long, long, way to ensure that development is easy on their technology. (Unless you're a 3rd party developer, in which case they're so-so but don't expect any favors.)

-Dave
I thought I read somewhere there would be a 360 version of MGS4. I believe it was in an EGM somewhere. I'll have to check.

Anyways, here's my list.

UTIII
Crysis
Hellgate: London
HL2 Episodes (will buy when all 4 come on a DVD or something)
ET: Quake Wars
Team Fortress 2 (Why hasn't this been mentioned??)

Edit:

Fanboys always have their favorites, and most Sony lovers are proud to brag about the PS3 snagging the exclusive rights to Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Unless it comes out on the 360, that is. Yes, as crazy as it may sound, I hear Konami is forcing the game's head honcho, Hideo Kojima, to port Metal Gear Solid 4 over to the 360.

d_stilgar
04-16-2007, 06:14 PM
UTIII
HL2 episodes
Portals <-- I'm most excited for this one.
Spore

Redundant
04-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Halo 3.

Rankenphile
04-16-2007, 06:40 PM
Spore.

progbuddy
04-16-2007, 06:54 PM
The sequel to "Advent: Rising"

andymushu
04-16-2007, 06:56 PM
assasin's creed, definitely. i might even buy a 360 just for it :) team fortress 2, and halo 3.

DaveW
04-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Spore.

Damnit. Ok, add this one to my list. I forgot about that one.

-Dave

dfigravity
04-16-2007, 08:21 PM
UTIII all the way...other than that I dont have time for any more games (already playing BF2, Oblivion, FFXIII and AoE3 WC) so I try not to pay attention to all the other great stuff that I'm missing:D

Rankenphile
04-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Ah, I'm also really, really eager to try out Warhammer: Age of Reckoning.

I love me some Warhammer.

Rankenphile
04-17-2007, 07:25 PM
oh snap

I forgot about Portal

progbuddy
04-17-2007, 09:54 PM
Halo 3 :).

Slug Toy
04-17-2007, 10:18 PM
im still keeping my eye on project offset. they have some pretty promising and ambitious ideas. i really dont know what stage they're at right now, but hopefully something comes from that software soon.

The Black Pumpkin
04-18-2007, 12:00 AM
I was looking forward to Supreme Commander, but now that I have it, I have to stop doing that and just be content with enjoying playing it. :D

Silenced_Coyote
04-18-2007, 12:04 AM
I'm personaly looking forward to Enemy Territory: Quake wars, and Crysis (I want to try out my DX10 card properly!

What unreleased titles do you think are going to be great this year? mods included!

H

Agreed. I didn't take the plunge to get an 8800GTS and Vista so I can look at Aero all day.

The next COD title on the PC.
The expansion to ES4: Oblivion.
The expansion to NWN2.
The next episode of HL2.

Wait, there's going to be another expansion to Oblivion? I still haven't gotten the others yet, like Shivering Isles....

I thought I read somewhere there would be a 360 version of MGS4. I believe it was in an EGM somewhere. I'll have to check.

Anyways, here's my list.

UTIII
Crysis
HL2 Episodes (will buy when all 4 come on a DVD or something)
ET: Quake Wars
Team Fortress 2 (Why hasn't this been mentioned??)

Edit:

I didn't really care about Hellgate: London before, but as I kept reading about it and hearing people talking about the similarities between it and Diablo 2, I got excited. I can't wait to try it out. I hope online play is free like Diablo. :p

im still keeping my eye on project offset. they have some pretty promising and ambitious ideas. i really dont know what stage they're at right now, but hopefully something comes from that software soon.

Didn't think anyone would mention Project Offset. Looks pretty cool. But I don't think they even got a publisher yet, still...

By the way, did anyone see the new video for Cyrsis over at IGN? Maybe it's just me, since I've been out of PC gaming for a long time, but I thought it was amazing. Not just the looks, but how the posture/stance of the soldiers as they walk on different angles of the ground. I probably wouldn't have noticed it in-game, because I wouldn't give enemies the chance to even take a step. ;)

Slug Toy
04-18-2007, 03:04 AM
ive downloaded the new crysis video... all 125 megs of it. it really does look awesome. they keep adding in new stuff for each video. procedural animations, and maybe even a level editor. all very cool stuff.

DaveW
04-18-2007, 05:56 AM

Dammit! Forgot about that one too.

Also forgot about Aquanox, i think it's called. That looked sweet.

-Dave

simon275
04-18-2007, 07:37 AM
Stargate worlds

Basically Stargate as a MMORPG.

http://www.stargateworlds.com/

Silenced_Coyote
04-21-2007, 12:11 AM
Project Offset is in you hands!!! (http://pc.ign.com/articles/782/782412p1.html)

I thought this was a very interesting way to spread the word. Read the article and click the link! You might even be excited by this game that has been under the radar.

.Maleficus.
04-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Clicked.

Vertigo
05-06-2007, 02:42 AM
I'm looking forward to the new Conan MMO and the Warhammer MMO. Warhammer MoC was kinda a let down, it coulda been a contender ... but too many issues at the starting gate, so it's been sitting in it's box since a couple of days after I bought it.

Spawn-Inc
05-06-2007, 03:32 AM
Wii - metroid prime 3, super mario galaxy, resident evil wii edition.

ps2 - none for now

ps3 - resident evil 5, FFXIII

xbox 360 - resident evil 5

pc not sure

Ichbin
05-06-2007, 03:37 AM
Well, looks like you guys have freaking said everything. well...almost.

operation flashpoint 2. Yes its currently in development. (And if one of you guys DID say it, im sorry, i honestly have read anything but page 3)

Another thing to look at is Blizzard is coming out with a "Mystery Title" thats currently in development stages. I've heard from www.kotaku.com that it could potentially be a Starcraft MMO. Or the ever famed Starcraft 2.

I know i know, hyping stuff up, but hey. Gotsta looking forward ta something.

Silenced_Coyote
05-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Nah, we didn't say everything. At least I don't think anyone mentioned Call of Duty 4 and Tom Clancy's End War.

thehilitereel
05-06-2007, 01:35 PM
World in Conflict / supposed to be one of the best strategy games of the year, you can call in tactical nukes and all that good stuff.

.Maleficus.
05-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Call of Duty 4... That'll be a treat.

Maybe a developer will actually make a WWII game where you can play as the Germans... That would be an interesting game.

Ichbin
05-06-2007, 09:25 PM

Maybe a developer will actually make a WWII game where you can play as the Germans... That would be an interesting game.

COD4 is Modern warfare
2JC3UMJ2It4

Spawn-Inc
05-06-2007, 11:12 PM

in day of defeat you can... or do you mean singe player!?

luciusad2004
05-07-2007, 12:54 AM
Assassin's Creed
Halo 3
Bioshock
Fable 2

Thats all that i can think of at the moment. Generally i just download game trailers to my 360 via xbl marketplace and save whatever looks interesting. That way i have a sort of visual list of games i want to buy when they come out.

Ichbin
05-07-2007, 06:20 AM
in day of defeat you can... or do you mean singe player!?

I'm more then sure single player. Because in multiplayer you were able to play the germans.

I don't think that people in different countries (Mainly germany im thinking) would appreciate a game that has Nazis as the single player storyline. COD2 was already banned in germany, so... It would possibly give activision a bad rep in the media for doing it. ("Activision supports NAZIS!" watch their stocks plummet)

jdbnsn
05-07-2007, 10:15 AM
operation flashpoint 2. Yes its currently in development.

I saw a game being developed some time ago by the same company who made Operation Flashpoint 1 but can't find it anymore, I wonder if they changed the title to OF2 (the game looked like Battlefield 2 on crack).
Anyone heard of Alan Wake? It looked like it was going to be a real cool game but it seems to have faded away.

public_eyesore
05-07-2007, 02:17 PM
spore
crysis
assasin's creed
fallout 3

Redundant
05-07-2007, 05:04 PM
But wouldn't you always lose the game? I mean, Germany did lose WWII so what's the point?

Silenced_Coyote
05-07-2007, 07:04 PM
They could make it fictional. Like maybe have Germany invade the US. Like this game, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty (http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3153350). Of course, in this game you aren't German and the storyline most likely has you beat them on US turf. But the point is, it can still be WWII, but having the Germans win. But I don't think a developer will make that game. Being Germans in Company of Heroes is cool because they got Tiger tanks and the V2 rocket.

xRyokenx
05-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Hey .Mal, there is a game where you can play as the Germans, it's called Blitzkrieg, and I have a copy of it. It's pretty fun, and not that bad of an engine either, although, it's not really my style of game play... Google it and order it off the web or look at Target or somewhere, they may have a copy in the ten dollar section or something. When I say it's a good game, I mean it, you'd most likely like it.

Greco101
05-11-2007, 08:12 PM
www.BurningSea.com

:)

Bucko
05-16-2007, 08:06 PM
The game I really want to get when it comes out is Grand Theft Auto 4.

October release I believe, but PC will have to wait.

.Maleficus.
05-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Yeah, I meant like a first person, single player game where you play the Germans.

I just think it would be sweet to see how different developers would change history if Germany won. See who has the coolest perspective (and so I don't get bitched out by anybody, no, I do not think it would be cool to be ruled by Nazis in real life).

Indybird
05-19-2007, 01:22 AM
Lets see...
Unreal Tournament III
Halo 2 Vista
Halo 3
GRAW 2 PC
Gears of War PC
Crysis
Spore
Assassin's Creed
Project Gotham Racing 4
Half-Life 2: Episode 2 & 3

Im sorda surprised there are other people on here who want Spore, I didn't really know that anyone else knew about it...

-Indybird

Ichbin
05-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Oh freakin man! Ive been following spore for like ages! The guys a bloody genius!

Fallout 3 is now in development. Trailer is showing up in a coupla days.

d_stilgar
09-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Time to revive this half-dead topic, but how do you ever stop anticipating new releases?

Fallout 3
Left 4 Dead
Spore

There are a bunch that I'm waiting to buy until the price drops. 20$ is my new limit on a game. Waiting stinks, but computer parts get so much cheaper and then the game costs less too.

Mass Effect (PC)
The Club (PC)
Call of Duty 4 (PC) still $50!

Luke122
09-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Diablo 3!

d_stilgar
09-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Diablo 3!

Oh man yeah. That looks really good.

FuzzyPlushroom
09-05-2008, 08:22 PM
GTA4 PC, Spore (which is out now in more civilized regions).

Really, that's it. Between those two games (and the occasional spot of Crysis or SimCity 4) I should be all set for the next year.

Quakken
09-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Warhammer online?

Open beta starts tomorrow. My preorder is good, I will be playing it! Whooo!

Gonna have to put in a bunch of hours at friends houses playing spore.

Spawn-Inc
09-07-2008, 02:06 PM
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sept 15th!!!

blueonblack
09-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Fallout 3
Red Alert 3
Starcraft 2
Crysis Warhead
Mirror's Edge
________
Fremont assembly (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Fremont_Assembly)

crenn
09-07-2008, 09:24 PM
There are a bunch that I'm waiting to buy until the price drops. 20$ is my new limit on a game. Waiting stinks, but computer parts get so much cheaper and then the game costs less too.

Call of Duty 4 (PC) still $50!

Don't count on the price falling until at least COD5.

xRyokenx
09-07-2008, 09:28 PM
I personally think that CoD4 is a little overrated but that's just me, lol.

Spawn-Inc
09-07-2008, 10:26 PM
I personally think that CoD4 is a little overrated but that's just me, lol.

me 2. it was a good game once i learnt to deal with the AI.

xRyokenx
09-07-2008, 10:38 PM
me 2. it was a good game once i learnt to deal with the AI.

I have only seen a little bit of the gameplay and all... the reason I haven't played it yet is that damn $50 pricetag. I'm excited that the Crysis Expansion is only going to be $30, makes it so much easier on my budget... especially since that means there's a greater chance someone will buy it for me. :banana:

aintnothang
09-08-2008, 02:22 AM
Far Cry 2!

xRyokenx
09-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Far Cry 2!

I forgot about that one! It looks awesome.

Spawn-Inc
09-09-2008, 09:58 PM
I have only seen a little bit of the gameplay and all... the reason I haven't played it yet is that damn $50 pricetag. I'm excited that the Crysis Expansion is only going to be $30, makes it so much easier on my budget... especially since that means there's a greater chance someone will buy it for me. :banana:

really, thats good. i might even get it. though i've yet to still beat crysis once... i get board of games to easily. and i haven't been gaming much lately. i just got back into stalker and and trying to get it beaten for stalker 2.

xRyokenx
09-09-2008, 10:16 PM
I haven't even gotten through AgroProm once in STALKER... that game is just not easy to beat (and my 13yr old bro beat it like three times now, lol). Hopefully Warhead won't crash as much as Crysis has been for me... lame crap, lol.

Airbozo
09-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Mercenaries 2

Picked it up the day after it came out (I usually also wait for a price drop).

I have played the first couple of missions and love that game so far (but had to remove one of my xeons to get it to load).

Since this thread started I have played;

Assassins Creed -- BUY IT NOW IT IS FUN! Only game I have replayed from scratch.
Gears of War -- Just finished it and loved the game. Too bad there are no multiplayer servers up.