PDA

View Full Version : Hey Doc, I've Got A Burning Sensation On My Disk.

CanaBalistic
04-19-2007, 10:21 PM
No i dont have a vinerial disease. I need some help with choosing burning software. I've had this computer for 3 years and i've burned a total of 3 CD-R's with it. I have my computer connected to my home stereo via RCA's. I dont need to burn music, i have it on tap. Anyway, i would like to burn some AVI files to DVD so i can watch movies on my buddies DVD deck while we drive to work. I got a free copy of Nero 6 with my computer but it doesnt support AVI files. The only way i've found is to convert the movies to VOB which takes more than an hour.

Is there a program that will burn AVI files to DVD without an hour long format conversion so i can play them in a domestic DVD player?

I've got another question. Can i burn a mp3 dvd disk with an on screen visualization like in winamp or winmedia? If so, how do i go about doing that?

nil8
04-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Vob & IFO files are the basic building blocks of DVD's structure.

No, you can't convert AVI(which normally means divx/xvid), into a format dvd reads without a conversion process, which takes a long time.

There are lots of programs that will make DVD's for you, but not any that do it without that necessary conversion.

Yes, you can on the mp3 disk. It requires a program and knowledge of how karaoke works digitally. How it works? Don't ask me. Google it.

blk03MitsuES
04-20-2007, 12:22 AM
how come you got avi files? i usually get mpeg's wich nero will burn into video discs. and those will play fine on dvd decks. before i had a dvd burner i used to use cd rs...

CanaBalistic
04-21-2007, 02:25 AM
Thanks nil8. I wasnt sure how to label my search when i first tried looking it up on google. The karaoke thing doesnt seem worth it. I'd loose too many songs on the disk if i had to put video on it too. I had a problem with nero smart start not starting properly and i didnt know it. It's been like that for as long as i can remember. I ran CCleaner and clicked the majic option i guess. The control panel thing came up and i was able to make a mp3 DVD. It took me more than 4 hours of picking and adding music but i was able to slap 949 songs on a single disk and it plays in my home dvd player. I only wish i had of randomized the song order before i burnt the disk (10 Krokus tracks in a row is a bit much on the hearing). :)

I found a burning program that has an intergrated file converter, ChillBurner 2.3. It still takes about an hour to convert but its all automatic, convert & burn. I had an error on my maiden voyage and the burn process didnt complete. The conversion finished but i opted not to save a copy on my HD. Woops! The error might have been embedded in the trial version of the program. Purhaps i should "buy" it and see if the problem happens with an unlocked version.

Nil8 +rep

nil8
04-21-2007, 09:53 AM
Not a problem Cana. I'm glad you found a product that automates the task.

Eclecticos
04-21-2007, 11:23 PM
VSO ConvertXtoDVD.
Thats what I use.

You will have to read the formats your DVD Player will play.
-R +R Divx VCD WMA -RW +RW RAM Blu-Ray Ect.

Here is the Rundown:
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php

ChevronX
04-23-2007, 12:50 AM
I use Nero to burn normal CDs and because I found Nerovision made the sound out of sync with the video. I use DVDSanta to transfer normal avi's to DVD format.

However I have had trouble coverting HD TV rips to DVD.