PDA

View Full Version : Motherboard Problem

lorddarkwolf
06-28-2005, 12:18 PM
Dont know if this is the right place for this but here it goes. I'm kind of new to the gig+ processor world and my new MB doesn't seem to be working. It will switch on the power but will not post and wont turn off the power no matter how long I hold the power button. Should I just send the board back to the maker or should I have my processor and ram tested first? I swapped out the vid card and that changed nothing. so my vid card should be good. Any help are greatly appreciated. BTW I'm on my wife's (in need of modding) puter.

Malatory
06-28-2005, 12:26 PM
Simple things to check 1st if its a brand new Mobo.
Make sure the CMOS jumper is set right. Will case this issue.

If this is a moddded computer make sure you have a momentary switch and not a contant on.

check the proc.

lorddarkwolf
06-28-2005, 01:49 PM
the case is a pre-mod but I havn't really had time to really work on it. The board is four months old. and was working till a few days ago.

Malatory
06-28-2005, 02:50 PM
You changed nothing and it just stopped working??

1 of 3 things
PSU / Proc / MOBO

Even if your getting a little power to the system. You can have a PSU problem
unplug everything beside the mobo and see if the PSU works and it post.. If so something my be drawing to muck power or you PSU is on its last leg.

Still no post Unplug for 30 sec and repulg it in to make sure something didnt trigger the short-stop.

still no post ... you will need the proc and mobo tested.

lorddarkwolf
06-28-2005, 09:28 PM
I beleive the PSU is shot. Finially got it to post and went into PC sys. Health and the voltages were low. Thanx to Malatory for saving me $8 to ship it back.