PDA

View Full Version : My rant about Walmarts and 360 Elites

Mitternacht
04-20-2007, 10:59 PM
http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/news/inside_the_xbox_360_elite.htm

I log on to XBlueXModX and I get a news piece from xbox-scene.com about the elite coming out 10 days early.

I go to Walmart nearby. They have 4 of 'em there. The girl rings 'em up and the register says "not available for sale." If they're not for sale, then how the **** does Llamma.com have pics of a disassembled elite, clearly sporting a different mobo then the other 360? (btw, she later gets it to ring up. heh...)

I'm pretty pissed off over not getting it, even though they came out yesterday. Furthermore, why were they displayed in the front openly and willingly?

I'm not done just yet. The bitch "assistant" manager that added fuel to my fire isn't thru with me yet. Furthermore, I told her about the site about proof of one in the public and she says "it was probably stolen." I know she was loking for any excuse to get out of the situation. That's ok. "Becky, Assistant Manager" is't getting out of this easily.

t first, I was a little depressed about not getting it, then as I started thinking about it, I see all of the areas I could of argued on. Then I get really pissed. No doubt, I'm goin' up tomorrow.

I'll also be 18 in another hour from now. So if I don't get the real manager of the store to agree with me, I'll say "that's ok; I'll go buy it from Circuit City. I know they have them. Bye."

OvRiDe
04-20-2007, 11:07 PM
Yah... I am not too happy with Walmart either. My daughter really wants a Wii. So I go online and sure enough they have them instock! I'm thinking great. Then I see the price $598!!!! I am think holy heck, whats that!!?!? The only way they will sell a Wii is in a "bundle" with 6 games. So they aren't really gouging the price. So if you just want the basic unit for $249 your screwed. Oh well I know there are other stores, so I will just keep my eyes open. But I still think its kind of crappy that Walmart will only sell Wii's to people that are willing to spend 600 bucks.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5303671

Holy crap!! its gone up another 50 freakin dollars!! AND now its 7 Games.

What a load!!

</rant>

progbuddy
04-20-2007, 11:14 PM
http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/news/inside_the_xbox_360_elite.htm

I log on to XBlueXModX and I get a news piece from xbox-scene.com about the elite coming out 10 days early.

I go to Walmart nearby. They have 4 of 'em there. The girl rings 'em up and the register says "not available for sale." If they're not for sale, then how the **** does Llamma.com have pics of a disassembled elite, clearly sporting a different mobo then the other 360? (btw, she later gets it to ring up. heh...)

I'm pretty pissed off over not getting it, even though they came out yesterday. Furthermore, why were they displayed in the front openly and willingly?

I'm not done just yet. The bitch "assistant" manager that added fuel to my fire isn't thru with me yet. Furthermore, I told her about the site about proof of one in the public and she says "it was probably stolen." I know she was loking for any excuse to get out of the situation. That's ok. "Becky, Assistant Manager" is't getting out of this easily.

t first, I was a little depressed about not getting it, then as I started thinking about it, I see all of the areas I could of argued on. Then I get really pissed. No doubt, I'm goin' up tomorrow.

I'll also be 18 in another hour from now. So if I don't get the real manager of the store to agree with me, I'll say "that's ok; I'll go buy it from Circuit City. I know they have them. Bye."

LOL. I love the last line. WalMart is evil. They say "Hey, we have them before everyone else!" just to get you to go in and buy other things. Damn false advertising. You could go to the Better Business Bureau with this one. Seriously.

Mitternacht
04-20-2007, 11:54 PM
LOL. I love the last line. WalMart is evil. They say "Hey, we have them before everyone else!" just to get you to go in and buy other things. Damn false advertising. You could go to the Better Business Bureau with this one. Seriously.

Good idea.

My name is Chris Walrath. I visited Walmart in West Mifflin, PA on April 20, 2007. I entered the store to buy an Xbox 360 Elite. (Retail at $479.99) I approached the electronic department to purchase it. The girl in the department rang it up, and it said it was not available for sale. She called the Assistant Manager, and she said that it must be a recall. I insisted that there was online proof of other sites that show the actual 360 Elite in public hands. She claimed that it was stolen, the ones shown online. I have a link below to an eBay auction that shows 3 360 Elites in public hands, with Walmart receipts:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Elite-console-black-IN-HAND-NIB_W0QQitemZ290107677273QQihZ019QQcategoryZ62054Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was disappointed in the way the Assistant Manager treated the situation. She even denied me and my claim of proof of other Walmarts selling the 360 elites, and then the way she snapped in and said that they must of been stolen angered me, because she's basically calling me a liar. I have proof of other Walmarts selling them, and she says that no Walmart around sold them. I would appreciate it if you can get in contact with the store to find a solution.

Chris Walrath

xRyokenx
04-21-2007, 12:06 AM
If I get pissed off at something, or just feeling like talking crap about someone, it's usually Walmart that I talk about, or McDonalds... I despise both companies...

Note: I'm not really against any of the employees... well, the smart ones anyway... (if there are any) :D

mercerman318
04-21-2007, 01:06 AM
My personal hatred is directed towards futureshop. the employees there have no idea what the hell they're talking about. last time their videocard section guy didnt know what an 8800 was

danthegeek
04-21-2007, 04:02 AM
I work at walmart:D .

Really I do, its just on weekends because i go to college during the week and yes I work in electronics or "Home entertainment". However i did give them my 2 weeks notice a few days ago :banana: . Im so f-ing tired at that place. I arive there :mad: and leave :mad: and :mad: all the times in between. Yes walmart is full of dumb employees, i know i work with them. There are only 2 employees in electronics that know anything and we are both quiting. The others couldnt tell you the difference between a CD and DVD.:mad:

P.S. Call 1800 walmart and make a complaint against the manager. District will straighten her ass out.:D :dead: Yah she was supposed to sell you that if it was on the shelf even if it wasn't ringing up.

a.Bird
04-21-2007, 05:12 AM
Personally, and this is just my opinion, I don't think you're any better than her for shopping at Wal-Mart in the first place. The company truly is evil and they treat their employees like ****. Not to mention that customers who get upset over spilled milk treat them like **** as well...

If you "know" Circuit City or even another Wal-Mart has what it is you want, why don't you just go there in the first place and make everyone happy instead of adding fuel to your own fire?

And by the way, happy birthday.

.Maleficus.
04-21-2007, 08:40 AM
I work at McDonalds:D. And my McDonalds isn't full of dumb people. There are actually some quite smart people there.

And I don't see how Wal-Mart is evil. Or how they treat their employees like ****. The Wal-Mart by me is filled with nice people, and they hire many different types of people. They have disabled employees, "less fortunate" employees, minority employees... Same with McDonalds. And I've never seen anyone get upset at Wal-Mart, even when someone pissed on the floor.

I just think you got a bad Wal-Mart. Most are good, and the few that aren't give the company a bad reputation because word of mouth gets to all over the world (2 different countries in this thread, like 8 states...)

But yeah man, happy birthday, and I hope you get the Elite you were looking for.

Scotty
04-21-2007, 10:01 AM
^ But not you :p

Me wants to know if this is coming to Europe, i hope it does i might get one, cus it looks nicer.

humm seems it could be November, thats perfect timing cus thats my b-day.

a.Bird
04-21-2007, 01:28 PM
And I don't see how Wal-Mart is evil. It is a big debate and it seems that opinions are highly polarized. I hope this clip can answer your question to some degree. Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiSmlmXp-aU)

Mitternacht
04-21-2007, 02:15 PM
I had a talk with the main manager of the store today. He said he'd get the assist. mgr's in line, and said that he couldn't sell it early. He did have my name written on one of the boxes, and it's in his office. So that means I can grab it at 12:01 AM on the 29th. The unfortunate thing is that other peple, even on eBay, have 360 Elites with Walmart receipts. Oh well, atleast 1 of the 4 is guaranteed to be mine.

Heh heh...now that I think about it, I wonder how the other losers will react. They'll be waiting from 9 to midnight to jump on that ****, and I can walk in front of all of them to get mine. heh heh...

Ironcat
04-21-2007, 08:56 PM
All you WalMart haters need to watch this video...

** WARNING ** This video contains language and nudity **

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1509715597174925771

You'd be surprised how much of what you think you know is just BS spoonfed to you by someone else and you believe it because it's easier than thinking.

Zephik
04-21-2007, 09:56 PM
All you WalMart haters need to watch this video...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1509715597174925771

You'd be surprised how much of what you think you know is just BS spoonfed to you by someone else and you believe it because it's easier than thinking.

FYI - It's always a good idea to display a warning of some kind when you post a link like this. :) Of course, I don't have an issue with swearing or nudity, because god knows I love boobies and dropping the F bomb, but some people might find that offensive. :rolleyes:

**This video contains language and nudity**

Other than that, I love the truth. I might not believe every word that comes out of these guy's mouths, but its the general idea that counts. Which is simple enough, WalMart kicks ass and the only people who complain are either uneducated or are people who have too much money.

Ironcat
04-21-2007, 11:13 PM
WARNING ** This video contains profanity too **

http://sjl.funnyordie.com//v1/landing.php

...but it's funny as hell...

a.Bird
04-22-2007, 04:37 AM
I'd like to compromise (and I apologize to Mitternacht if this is now considered a hijack) and suggest that the morality of Wal-Mart's actions is a personal matter. There are several good and bad points on its behalf. I might have jumped the gun a bit with my previous statement because if anyone accepts that the company makes an obscene amount of profit while keeping their worker's wages and benefits at an unprofitable level then Wal-Mart is not evil to him or her. I suppose I just wish that you, Mitternacht, (a): did not act so aggressively towards another fellow human for your own personal endeavors and (b): would just choose to shop at another store (but only because of my personal beliefs.) I wish I knew for sure that my idea of the way things should work was the correct universal doctrine of life but I suppose that it's within our nature, coming from different backgrounds and experiencing different scopes of society, to have opinions. I hope you eventually wind up with some sort of justice that you can agree with.

danthegeek
04-22-2007, 05:25 AM
Ive worked at walmart for over a year and a half and my favorite part of working their is how we are treated on a daily basis.

Let me explain. I go to work and the first thing I hear before anything else (not a "hello" or "hey") is "do you have a zone?" The zone thing is so we will not talk to each other and stay seperated. Then we are yelled at all day long by customers because we are A) sold out of something and they want it NOW, B) We cant help them find what they want because they dont know what it is (yes they think we are psychics) and C) my favorite, customers call me a@@hole, dick, Mother f'er, loser, etc. because we don't have any damn wiis.

Yes I can see how not getting what you want can be frustrating but does that give anyone the right to curse another person for it? After all I have no control of waht walmart does or will do. Im just the person that takes the heat for walmart.

OH AND MANAGERS. Those dumb asses. They insist on having us do their job as well. They want us to do paperwork, check stock, do reports for district, and so on. Oh and when a customer complains and want to talk to a manager ,they take over 20 minutes to come help them, in the mean time im getting the heat. I get payed ****, take ****, told ****, given ****, eat ****, and thrown **** all day long.

THIS IS WHY IM QUITTING.

From me, a person that works there, "danthegeek is 100% anti-walmart"

I ABSOLUTELY, 100%, POSITIVELY, UNDOUGHTABLY, WHOLE HEARTEDLY, WITH TRUE FACT, REINFORCED EMOTIONAL PROOF, HATE WAL-MART.

I feel better now. :)

Zephik
04-22-2007, 07:58 AM
Ive worked at walmart for over a year and a half and my favorite part of working their is how we are treated on a daily basis.

Let me explain. I go to work and the first thing I hear before anything else (not a "hello" or "hey") is "do you have a zone?" The zone thing is so we will not talk to each other and stay seperated. Then we are yelled at all day long by customers because we are A) sold out of something and they want it NOW, B) We cant help them find what they want because they dont know what it is (yes they think we are psychics) and C) my favorite, customers call me a@@hole, dick, Mother f'er, loser, etc. because we don't have any damn wiis.

Yes I can see how not getting what you want can be frustrating but does that give anyone the right to curse another person for it? After all I have no control of waht walmart does or will do. Im just the person that takes the heat for walmart.

OH AND MANAGERS. Those dumb asses. They insist on having us do their job as well. They want us to do paperwork, check stock, do reports for district, and so on. Oh and when a customer complains and want to talk to a manager ,they take over 20 minutes to come help them, in the mean time im getting the heat. I get payed ****, take ****, told ****, given ****, eat ****, and thrown **** all day long.

THIS IS WHY IM QUITTING.

From me, a person that works there, "danthegeek is 100% anti-walmart"

I ABSOLUTELY, 100%, POSITIVELY, UNDOUGHTABLY, WHOLE HEARTEDLY, WITH TRUE FACT, REINFORCED EMOTIONAL PROOF, HATE WAL-MART.

I feel better now. :)

Sounds similar to almost every job I've ever had. lol

Sometimes you get good employee's, sometimes you get good managers, but I think its pretty safe to say that you will always get "customers" who drive you up walls and then some.

If you hate people that have an attitude problem... maybe become a telemarketer. If they give you lip, CLICK! Next caller. lol

But I'm glad that walmart is around, it gives alot of people jobs who really need them.

danthegeek, just out of curiosity, how old are you and how much were you getting paid when you worked there? In the video people were saying that they pay you at slave wages, but then some people said it pays pretty decent. Maybe not enough to make you rich, but enough to live off of.

.Maleficus.
04-22-2007, 09:39 AM
Still man, that's a part of life. I take all of that too at work. You can't expect to be treated like a king working at Wal-Mart of McDonalds. Your hopes will be quickly crushed if you do. There are assholes everywhere you go. I was once waiting at my register for a customer to finish checking over his food, when he looks up and says, "A 'thank you sir have a nice day' wouldn't hurt". I smiled and said, "I'm sorry, I was waiting for you to get done checking your order in case something was wron" and he cut me off and said, "Ok man, whatever" and stormed out. WTF. Then another time, I was taking another assholes order, and he came in with 2 daughters. One ordered right away, then he ordered, then the next ordered, and he looked at the first daughter and said, "Did you order?" And then she said, "I'll have a #10". Well, it was busy, and they were taking long, and it was my third week there, so I typed it in again and read the total. The guy was like, "What the hell? There's no damn way it could be that much! My order was $5, hers was $4, so that means she got 10 frickin' dollars worth of food!" I apologized, they got what they actually wanted, and they stormed away too.

Yes, a lot of customers are dicks. And so are managers.

Yesterday, I was cleaning a stack of like 45 trays. The kid cleaning lobby left them there for like 25 minutes, so there was an assload. Then a bunch of customers came in, so I stopped to take their orders. Right after I was done, my manager yelled at me to finish the trays. I finished, and guess what, the kid comes with another stack of like 30 trays, and then my manager brings 20 more from the break room. I cleaned all those while she was in the office, and the kid brought more! She thought they were still the same ones, and yelled at me again. She said she would clean them and that I should go sweep the grill area. I go back there, sweeping good trying to get crap out of the grout, when she comes back and says, "Do you even know how to sweep?" No, I don't, please enlighten me. She takes the broom and says "Do this". So I do that. Then she takes it again because I still "wasn't doing it right". Of course I wasn't.

Oh well, in 8 months, I'll be gone and at a different place.

And about Wal-Mart stealing small town businesses, well, they can't help they have lower prices. Competition. It's what drives the entire economy.

Sorry about that rant. I'm done now.

xRyokenx
04-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Well, the Walmarts around where I live are terrible... about the "lower" prices, I haven't really seen much to worry about, and no offense to you, but I just don't like Walmart or McDonalds... yesterday we spent longer in line than the amount of time we spent shopping at Walmart, and this morning at McDonalds, they wouldn't answer the drive through window box thing... it's all a matter of opinion... and a matter of employees too...

OvRiDe
04-23-2007, 12:14 AM
.. I just don't like Walmart or McDonalds...

I dont know if its like this everywhere.. but you would absolutely hate the Wal-Marts here, because they have a McDonalds inside them.. hahah

b4i7
04-23-2007, 12:23 AM
walmart is startin to get healthier! they got subways now...the new ones do atleast

danthegeek
04-23-2007, 12:33 AM
SnowFire- Im one of the lucky few that makes and ok wage. I get $9 an hour but that is not enough to live off of. (one word- college:) ) I work hard to, I dont stand around and BS all day. I work freight, help people, clean, etc all day long.

To everyone else, I know that there are going to be idiots no matter were i go. I have had other jobs in the past, but this one has driven me insane. No I dont expect to be treated like a king but i dont want to be treated like a f%%%ing dog on a daily basis.

I have good customers and bad customers, they are not the reason i am quiting. Managers are the mother f'ers that drove me to insanity. I took a bet with someone at work to see how long it would take mangment to make a good and bad comment to me. I said 30min for a bad one and a week for a good one. Turns out only took 5min for the bad, (the tvs had to much dust on them and I wasn't working hard enough :down: ). For the good,... well its been 4 months and im still waiting:neutral: .

One of my friends at work had an evaluation due. She works hard and, probably harder then most of us combined :p . So, managment called her at her house at 10:30 p.m. to due it over the phone. They also told her that she isnt working hard enough and needs to try harder (she got a raise of 40 cents an hour for the year).

If my manager called me at 10:30 at night to talk to me about work Id tell them to go "f" themselves. That **** is to be covered at work, not later because they forgot.

DOWN WITH F-ing ****-MART. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

xRyokenx
04-23-2007, 12:36 AM
Bunch of sadists... all the more reason to not shop there. Hopefully it does improve soon... it's sad to see anybody being treated like crap, unless that is what they are...

EDIT: Not to spook anyone, but I've had this feeling like the world/civilization is gonna end or there's gonna be chaos for a while now... I had a feeling like I wasn't gonna finish school where I was, and look at what happened. Let's hope this feeling is wrong, I don't feel up to dealing with the end of the world, lol. :neutral:

danthegeek
04-23-2007, 12:47 AM
Is that an asteroid?

...................:?

lol

DaveW
04-23-2007, 07:56 AM
it's sad to see anybody being treated like crap, unless that is what they are...

And who gets to decide? Maybe, and i know this will sound crazy, but maybe the world would be a better place if people would just stop judging each other.

Woman kills her daughter, you immediately think bad. But it's context sensitive. What if she did it because her daughter was going to suffer and die horribly, to save her? The truth is, we rarely know the context of people's actions, but we just collide with them and judge them, trying to enforce our own views or even just holding them in our heads.

Everyone has different opinions, different lives, different reasons. No-one should treat anyone like crap.

Ach, this is too much of a philosophical point.

In the UK Walmart is called ASDA. We have some major scuffles in the supermarket isle. ;) Too many giants, not enough customers.

-Dave

xRyokenx
04-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Well, I give people a chance to show me how they are before I judge them... or try to decipher and learn more about their personality through there actions... but yeah, too much philosophy... and I'm tired, KFC kicked my ass tonight, it's tough enough working there without the extra hour...

TheGreatSatan
04-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Don't waste money on video game systems because there's always another one coming out. Buy a decent computer for yourself or your kids and they'll never need an Xbox. My 7 year old has never heard of Xbox or Nintendo or Playstation

Mitternacht
04-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Don't waste money on video game systems because there's always another one coming out.

That's why I waited this long till getting a 360. I knew something better in the 360 line was gonna come out. Besides I already am happy with how my computer is now. I dont care about gaming at 1280 res; 800 is just as fine. I don't have to have the best or newest gear in my computer. This is all about personal preference, and the fact that Halo 3 will be on the 360.

Drum Thumper
04-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Alright, time to hijack a bit more.

I work one of the former 'Big Three' grocery chains (it's the one that got bought out by Supervalu). It's right down the street from good ol Wally's.

And it never fails, every holiday, we get just about every piece of white trash in lookin for candy, wrapping paper, floral arrangements, et cetera. And I'm not being racist. Montana is 90% trailer park, chewin tobacco tractor driving white trash. And a few other things, which I'm not gonna list here cause this is a somewhat 'family' oriented website.

Now granted, everybody bitches about Walmart, but as long as they continue with the ****ty ordering which ultimately pays my paycheck...let em.

Yes, they treat their employees like ****. One of the other Walmarts in the state got caught in the sting regarding unpaid overtime a few years back. The **** management got shown the door, and new **** management came in. It's a neverending cycle.

And it's no different @ Albertsons. **** management (although most of the department heads at my store know wtf is going on), **** employees (they usually get weeded out really fast), and everyone's favorite: **** customers (Lemme put it this way--Montana is still one of the highest Meth use states, even though the numbers are drastically dropping thanks mostly to Tom Siebel's (The dude who founded Oracle) funding of the Montana Meth Project). Every now and then it becomes exciting when I get to apprehend a shoplifter--kinda makes it all seem worth it.

Then there's the Corporate monkeys. Most of them are decent enough, but there are a couple that come to mind that make me wonder what went on behind closed doors that allowed them to get their respective jobs, if you know what I mean.

Ok, I'm getting off track here--Walmart sucks. I'm sure there are a few diamonds in the rough here and there, but my experience has mostly been terrible to mediocre. Although it was fun 10 years ago to go to the electronics department and ask them about the compaq and packard bell computers they sold and then just rip them apart. I made more than a few of their 'associates' cry, as bad as that sounds. But hey, this was 10 years ago. I was 19 at the time. I'm sure some of the other teens here are still doing the same.

Even got courted by the Electronics manager to fill out an app. Told him no thanks.

Edit: My aunt owns a barbershop in Page, AZ. For the longest time, it was the only barbershop in town. Then came Wallyworld's barbershop. Guess what happened? Her business increased dramatically, mainly because Wallyworld hired a bunch of misfits who don't know how to cut hair.

Just thought I'd share another example of Wally's ineptitude.

DaveW
04-24-2007, 02:59 PM
No. does that mean I have to quit shopping at Walmart cause you got stupidly hit by the car? no..

...this would be soooo funny out of context. Quick someone, make it your sig!

-Dave

Mitternacht
04-24-2007, 03:01 PM
...this would be soooo funny out of context. Quick someone, make it your sig!

-Dave

kk

Ironcat
04-25-2007, 11:06 AM
And Lo, the Great MintyMadness hath said...
As for Wal-mart/SAMS Club.. You tell me where I can get formula cheaper than 23$ (%$$#%!!!) a can, and I will gladly go shop there. Oh, they must have diapers there too.

You aren't going to find it cheaper anywhere else, not Sam's club, not BJ's, not Costco, not Target, or your neighborhood grocery.
My 18 month old was raised on WalMart formula and he is a fine strapping young lad.
Their diapers are also the cheapest on the block and they work great (White Cloud is the brand).
Last but not least, their baby wipes clean everything from poopy butts to cast iron skillets.

One suggestion, if you're still in hurricane country... Use the powdered formula to save money, and stock up on a dozen cans of the ready-made. When and if the lights/water go out, you'll be all set.

xRyokenx
04-25-2007, 11:16 AM
I think this thread should be renamed to "The TBCS Rant(s) about Walmart, etc., but mainly Walmart." lol

Good point Minty, all of that, but about the gaming, I really don't care how it looks, just about game play, but one thing that came with a new kickass PC is I've started to get graphics greedy... or at least to where it looks pleasant. Hell, I still occasionally play the original C&C Red Alert, lol.